Preview Round 14, 2021: Hawthorn v Essendon @ UTAS, Sun 3:20PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He was playing well, but I think saying he was "dominating" is a bit strong. Ceglar is now 30 and had one decent game. We're also second last and need to look to the future. I'd rather see Reeves in.

The alternative is to have Big Boy forward/back and Cegs and Reeves can ruck combo, but not so keen on that.

Given Big Boy is captain again next year, and might play the David Hale role moving forward, Ceglar can't be on the list next year unless as a pure backup..

Really stiff for Reeves, but if Ceglar puts a month of football together like last Friday, we might actually snag something ok in a trade...

His problem isn’t getting the ball, though. It is what he does with it that presents a major concern.

This. His disposal is atrocious. I have no problems with most other aspects of his game - if he could only kick he'd be a good role player.

He's not close. My guess, unfortunately, is that he's headed towards being off the list in 18 months.

I think he'll stick around, but he may have to be patient and work pretty hard. My take on those comments were that they see enough to persist with but it's now on him to see if he can take on board the advice he's getting.

If we gave Cousins a free licence to roam the midfield like the bombers have done with Parish I reckon he would shock some people
He plays the number one mid at BHH. And, usually gets a truckload of touches. In the AFL he has to slot in behind O'Meara and Mitchell which is fair enough. However, having to pick up their defensive slack is a bit rich.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are Essendons tall forwards like? I really liked the look of our mobile backline last week and I said in the pregame thread we were a big show because it was on paper the least top heavy side we have played all year. I think frost goes to Hooker but then who plays on the tall skinny kid for them? Scrim?
I think there is a chance to see TO moved back but more likely they keep to the same structure of frost on the one big tall and day, scrim, burgoyne chopping out on the other talls but murdering them on the rebound.
Will be an interesting week at selection.
My guess is
In: Bramble and cousins
Out: worpel morrison
Far out... That you clarko!?

It's blatantly obvious that the MRO is a fluffer for the media with an agenda.
What should be disturbing for the supporters is the 'we're not going to defend him' attitude of our club.
What message does that send to Worps?
It would be interesting to know if Worps thought it was worth a match ban or not.
Sadly the club didn't have Worps back and made no effort to defend him, spineless from "The Family Club" to protect their own.
I actually think it is the other way around. The AFL is straight g make a lot of noise about how they’re serious about head injuries after years of ignoring them. The AFL media, whom also made the least amount of effort regarding head injuries for years, is now diligently helping out, as they know who butters their bread.

Bramble is in - nothing surer. If we chose Bramble over Jai at the start of the year means his gonna be pretty good as well. Chook raffle between saunders / downie and cousins after that. All the selection pressure is coming from the kids which is fantastic.

We are really building a strong squad, going to be an exciting back end to the year.
NOTHING SURER BIG BAD BRAMMMMMBBLEEE 😅

in all seriousness cannot wait elite disposal and some pace new look hawthorn emerging after the bye

Have had some news filter through…

IN: Cousins, Bramble (Debut)
OUT: Worpel (Suspension), Morrison (Injured)

Unsure if there’s any further changes, but I suspect that’s it.
Keep this up and Fear The Beard will be known as a friend of your’s rather than the other way around.
😜

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back