Preview Round 14, 2021: Hawthorn v Essendon @ UTAS, Sun 3:20PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as we bring the same intensity, I’ll be happy. I feel we will tire again before the years out. But until that happens I get to enjoy us taking it right up to everyone.

We bring the same intensity we are at least making sure the opposition will have to play well to win.

I knew it wouldn’t be long until someone said Ceglar out.
No fcuking idea
Seriously what a stupid comment
I know what you are saying, but it is going to be interesting, as Reeves was playing well and only missed as hurt his ankle the day before the game so he deserves to be in as well. Cegs played the best he has played in a couple of years. Big call, I think they might give Reeves another week to rest the ankle and see if Ceglar can back it up.

Don’t bring Mitch Lewis back in. Looked much sharper without him.

Almost O’Brien needs to head back to box hill & not return. Play Jeka or Callow
O'Brien crashed packs like a mad man tonight. He was was one of our better players on the ground. Sure, he dropped a few chances that he could of taken on his best day but i cant recall a contest he was involved in that he at least didn't bring to ground which has been a massive problem for us in the last few weeks. I feel like he is laser eye surgery or a great sports phycologist away from being more than serviceable. Does anyone know if he has a Mrs? maybe we can all chip in for someone to get his confidence up?

I knew it wouldn’t be long until someone said Ceglar out.
No fcuking idea
Seriously what a stupid comment
We know this isn’t the Ceglar we’ve gotten for his whole career. Tonight was the best game I can remember him ever playing, it’s a complete outlier but you’re right, he’d be incredibly stiff to get dropped.

Maybe the emergence of Reeves has given Ceglar a reason to actually play like he gives a sh1t.

O'Brien crashed packs like a mad man tonight. He was was one of our better players on the ground. Sure, he dropped a few chances that he could of taken on his best day but i cant recall a contest he was involved in that he at least didn't bring to ground which has been a massive problem for us in the last few weeks. I feel like he is laser eye surgery or a great sports phycologist away from being more than serviceable. Does anyone know if he has a Mrs? maybe we can all chip in for someone to get his confidence up?
100% this. Lewis looks scared to compete since his shoulder surgery. He shouldn’t be gifted games because of the promise he showed a couple of years ago when he isn’t even half as competitive as what TOB is.

For me, Kosi, Jeka, TOB and Callow should all be given games over Lewis until he can find an inkling of competitiveness.

Not sure if it will be just yet but I have heard Clarko state that he expects Callow to debut this year.

He basically said what have we got to lose, give him a game. Lovely to hear from clarko! TOB was ok tonight but you’d think his spot is the one at most risk of being available for callow or jeka.

Changes and all that.

Morrison(inj) and Morris most likely out.

Worpel with a possible MRP citing regarding the cunningham tackle hanging over his head.

I never even saw the incident and I watched the whole game. Couldn't be that bad could it?

As for changes, it's a little hard without VFL form to use as a basis for selection.

Completely my own opinion, but i'd run with...

Out: Morrison, Morris, Burgoyne (sub)
In: Lewis, Greaves, Cousins

Burgoyne didn't offer us a lot last night. I'd much rather strike while the iron is hot in regards to a positive feel around our rebuild and chuck 3 younger players in who all are effectively playing for their long term careers.

B. Hardwick Frost Scrimshaw
HB. Day Scrimshaw Impey
C. Phillips Mitchell Howe
HF. Moore McEvoy Worpel
F. Breust Kosi Wingard
R. Ceglar Shiels O'Meara
IC: Newcombe Cousins Greaves Lewis
Sub: Burgoyne

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The dilemma - Ceglar
He was close to BOG with Mitchell and CJ. While we know he’s not the future, he played like a man who knew it was his last shot. Can’t be dropped on that.

Brockman and Greaves in for Morrison and Morris. Burgoyne should be sub from here until his 400th.

A joke if Worpel is suspended for that. Jon Ralph is an idiot

Any calls for Ceglar or O’Brien to be dropped are ludicrous.

Morrison the only out. Bombers have a taller forward so would love DGB to get a gig. Give the kid a crack and let him have a taste of AFL. Or Gunston comes in and Timmy shifts to CHB.

Downie, Bramble or Brockman as sub.

Worpel has no case to answer and it’s typical sour grapes by Fox Footy to suggest otherwise.

I would be staggered if we saw any non forced changes this week.

Whether you love it or hate it (i am a little of both) Clarko is conservative and loyal to guys who get the job done.

After weeks of getting thumped and being uncompetitive do we really think he is going to dump players now that this group delivered for him?

Clarko comments suggest Callow not far off. Newcombe performance won’t hurt. Both very solid performers in state leagues
Callow comes with that mans body also, it honestly changes the contests dramatically. Their was a play in the Sydney game which kozzi ran straight through the bloke in front and he could barely move.

If we had two of those forwards hitting defenders it not only bring the crumbers into the game but every defender has a few thoughts when they do it again and again and again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back