Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Cousins, Hanrahan, Downie
For
Worpel, Morrison, Morris

2 players who offer adequate depth but both with a lot to prove and some potential improvement left in them (Cuz and Ollie).

Downie for a proper debut with an eye on the future. Big ground. Let him get a real taste against a side we should match up well against.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Cousins, Hanrahan, Downie
For
Worpel, Morrison, Morris

2 players who offer adequate depth but both with a lot to prove and some potential improvement left in them (Cuz and Ollie).

Downie for a proper debut with an eye on the future. Big ground. Let him get a real taste against a side we should match up well against.
I am fine with your ins as long as Hanrahan is the sub. Cuz replaces Worpel and Downie replaces Morrison.

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
I thought that Sam's comment about Finn was interesting. Many of us have presumed that Finn playing as a tagger might be because the club sees that he has good traits for that role. By not giving him a tagging role in a scratch match it shows that the club was using the tagging role to cover off perceived deficiencies in his game. I don't see a way back for Finn this season, unfortunately.
He's not close. My guess, unfortunately, is that he's headed towards being off the list in 18 months.

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It sounds like brambles disposal is elite so I wouldn’t be surprised if we manage him through the game - 15 great disposals is worth it, but probably right it’s a bit soon from a hammy.

Downie is showing so much consistent development week on week I wouldn’t be surprised if he is a lock come end of year, very bullish on downie

Stottzy

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's amazing what one game does to change the opinions of many. Ceglar has been awful and not just this year. Had an amazing game against the swans, but it almost feels a little too late. He wasn't dominating for Box Hill as what some are suggesting, hence why Reeves was brought in. I'm happy for him to get a go this week, but if it's another poor game then that's it for me.

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
It's amazing what one game does to change the opinions of many. Ceglar has been awful and not just this year. Had an amazing game against the swans, but it almost feels a little too late. He wasn't dominating for Box Hill as what some are suggesting, hence why Reeves was brought in. I'm happy for him to get a go this week, but if it's another poor game then that's it for me.

Disagree. Cegs' was dominating BH, playing the type of game he played against the swans. I wrongly wrote it off as weak opposition but his overall game was more impactful than Reeves in the game before Reeves' debut (but Reeves' tap work much better). Both were playing very well.

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cegler should definitely stay in and it doesn’t hurt reeves - he is going to get better as he puts on size and now he understands the level.

cegler playing well creates selection pressure which is great and give reeves a target.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Cegler should definitely stay in and it doesn’t hurt reeves - he is going to get better as he puts on size and now he understands the level.

cegler playing well creates selection pressure which is great and give reeves a target.
If Cegs keeps playing well then he just sees out his contract as ruck depth or even better ups his value (which isn't much) come trade period. Looking at you Fages.

CegsBait.jpg

burner1

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2005
victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawks
The comments on downie and bramble creating score involvements and class/poise with ball are exactly what we need for our wings. Not sure if this week but will be soon.

Finn sounds a mile off. But reprogramming to balance his game isn’t easy and was disrupted by last year - and think is first time he hasn’t tagged this year? Worpel has struggled over last two years when he’s not just chasing the ball. Let’s see how Finn goes playing as a non-tagger for rest of season and then hopefully with a big preseason he’s ready for a break out in 2022. CJ came from a mile back but once it clicked in his game sense he hasn’t looked back. Finn isn’t as explosive as CJ but with strength and absolulely elite tank he has some tools.

Stottzy

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Disagree. Cegs' was dominating BH, playing the type of game he played against the swans. I wrongly wrote it off as weak opposition but his overall game was more impactful than Reeves in the game before Reeves' debut (but Reeves' tap work much better). Both were playing very well.

He was playing well, but I think saying he was "dominating" is a bit strong. Ceglar is now 30 and had one decent game. We're also second last and need to look to the future. I'd rather see Reeves in.

The alternative is to have Big Boy forward/back and Cegs and Reeves can ruck combo, but not so keen on that.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
The comments on downie and bramble creating score involvements and class/poise with ball are exactly what we need for our wings. Not sure if this week but will be soon.

Finn sounds a mile off. But reprogramming to balance his game isn’t easy and was disrupted by last year - and think is first time he hasn’t tagged this year? Worpel has struggled over last two years when he’s not just chasing the ball. Let’s see how Finn goes playing as a non-tagger for rest of season and then hopefully with a big preseason he’s ready for a break out in 2022. CJ came from a mile back but once it clicked in his game sense he hasn’t looked back. Finn isn’t as explosive as CJ but with strength and absolulely elite tank he has some tools.
Very good point about CJ. A fair few here had him being delisted just like some are saying the same about Finn. I just find it totally ridiculous that you could already have the kids papers stamped with COVID interrupted start to the first 2 years of his career.

While I'm not at all suggesting that what we saw from Ceglar last Friday is the new norm for him, it is worth remembering that there is a reasonable history of average ruckmen really hitting career best form around his age. So it may not be the craziest thing to suggest he may have turned a corner and could carry some reasonably good form into the future. If he doesn't then we're no worse off than before the Sydney game.

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
While I'm not at all suggesting that what we saw from Ceglar last Friday is the new norm for him, it is worth remembering that there is a reasonable history of average ruckmen really hitting career best form around his age. So it may not be the craziest thing to suggest he may have turned a corner and could carry some reasonably good form into the future. If he doesn't then we're no worse off than before the Sydney game.
Or he might have realised Reeves is ready and he isn’t the only option behind the skipper anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back