Preview Round 14, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Brisbane @ Blundstone Arena | Saturday, 19 June @ 16:35

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hmm. Of the options... Marvel (no crowds), Gabba, Neutral (NSW) or Hobart...

The ground we play the best at & the one that we benefit from financially = absolute no brainer.
I have no problem with them playing this game at Hobart, my point is move one of the later Hobart games back to Melbourne.

I mean, it's an interesting idea (giving a game back into Melb), but the logic is flawed.

A few seem upset that the game has been moved so they have missed the chance to attend a game... but it's a game they cannot legally attend anyway.

Reading Amarfio’s comments, doesn’t seem likely.
I think they should move one back, but I guess with travel not allowed then Tasmania dont get the full "benefit" of the game in terms of tourism.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you’re a premiership club member it works out to around $100 a game, not sending a game back is taking Melbourne supporters for granted for a 2nd year in row.

If we can’t play in Melbourne as in last year and this coming weekend then so be it but for the Cats game it’s round 20 and we look unlikely to be in game attendance restrictions by then.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Reading Amarfio’s comments, doesn’t seem likely.
Exactly which is piss poor.

They have absolutely no interest in lobbying the AFL for one of the remaining Tassie games back to Melbourne.

I hope Ben Amarfio or someone in his media team reads this forum, because Ben your messaging tells me that a few extra bucks in Tassie is more important to you than the people who actually support this club.

I am getting the feeling that this club has lost sight of the people who actually support it.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Will most likely move the Gold Coast game to Melbourne.
Not the way Amarfio is talking. He is already trying to butter us up with crap no one wants.

Ben we want to watch our football club if possible, not a shitty guest pass or voucher.

I get it if the Government won’t let crowds in to games, but it sounds like it’s not even on the table if crowds are allowed back.

Frank Thring

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What’s idiotic about calling for a player out of form to be dropped?

He played well yesterday so of course no one will question his place next week, but before that he was very lucky to retain his place.
Come on man, you need some patience with the younguns. Give him a go.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
I've backed us at 41.0 to win by 40+......big weather differential will fk the Lions boys. Winnings going to my Tour de Cure fundraising, cheeky little tax deduction. Will let the Lions boys know about it too if I see em this week down the local cafe like I regularly do! As a hedge I might offer them the opportunity to sponsor me.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Got no issue with giving them a go.

But prior to yesterday his form was poor.

Just making a point that it’s not idiotic to ask for an out of form player to go back to the VFL. Just like Young who is terribly out of form.
His form was not as bad as some made out. We have a team full of youngsters, he being one.

They were all learning their position, the speed of the game and doing it without a significant number of senior players to help.

The calls to be dropped started after one game, and have continued every single week, despite him getting better each game.

Mr Taswegian

Roo Man
May 25, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you’re a premiership club member it works out to around $100 a game, not sending a game back is taking Melbourne supporters for granted for a 2nd year in row.

If we can’t play in Melbourne as in last year and this coming weekend then so be it but for the Cats game it’s round 20 and we look unlikely to be in game attendance restrictions by then.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yesterday's game went ok

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
One game that a lot of people are interested in seeing.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
I don’t mind them playing at Hobart as long as one of the other Tassie games is switched back to Melbourne.

Otherwise Melbourne members are continually being screwed over.

What about us Brisbane members?????.....well actually I have a melbourne membership, cause the interstate one is just crap.....and because of that, last year I had to buy tickets to all our QLD games!!!! it's all just a donation to the club one way or the other!!!!

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
His form was not as bad as some made out. We have a team full of youngsters, he being one.

They were all learning their position, the speed of the game and doing it without a significant number of senior players to help.

The calls to be dropped started after one game, and have continued every single week, despite him getting better each game.

While he clearly played his best game for the club yesterday, I also think that a lot of supporters are slowly learning what it is that he brings to the team. He doesn't run with the ball or kick long or take big marks or kick flashy goals. His work is all in tight and it's subtle.

Thndr

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2015
Mick Martin school of bad looks.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just a quick one, can we not have Healy and Derwayne the i dont know players names for commentators this week ??? kay thanks bye .......

giphy (1).gif

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What about us Brisbane members?????.....well actually I have a melbourne membership, cause the interstate one is just crap.....and because of that, last year I had to buy tickets to all our QLD games!!!! it's all just a donation to the club one way or the other!!!!
I applaud you for donating to the club.

My overall point is that the current administration seems more interested in sponsorship deals and tourism money than fighting for its members to watch their football side.

The sad thing is the more they tread this path, the more they will need to chase this dollar when a certain % of the membership drops off because they no longer see any value in the product. Vicious circle.

Last edited:
I applaud you for donating to the club.

My overall point is that the current administration seems more interested in sponsorship deals and tourism money than fighting for its members to watch their football side.

The sad thing is the more they tread this path, the more they will need to chase this dollar when a certain % of the membership drops off because they no longer see any value in the product. Vicious circle.

Geez dude, have you heard of COVID? The worlds changed, if the Victorian government decide to let the AFL have games in Melbourne with no crowd, you still lose out anyway!

Back