Preview Round 14, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Brisbane @ Blundstone Arena | Saturday, 19 June @ 16:35

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
L Mac may blow up a bit without match fitness.

It was the backline balance I was worried about. The Ford suggestion was more to do with Ford being a stronger influence (over Taylor) in the air (like Garner) without being a proper kpf-sized player.

He did a pec mate. Been doing all the running stuff in the meantime.

Looking forward to this game, i reckon they are bit suspect to pace, and if we don't fall in and play the game the way they like it, we can cause a few headaches. Bit disappointed my favourite free kick staging flog, Zorko wont be there though.
Someone made the point that the flat track at Docklands exposes our skill errors more, which I think was a great point. As much as I am disappointed about missing going to the game, us against the Bears in Tas gives us a better chance in my opinion. Which is a good thing (not my opinion, the chance for a win).

He did a pec mate. Been doing all the running stuff in the meantime.

Different types of fitness though, ergo the mention of match fitness instead of just fitness. Not opposed to it as we need him, but he’ll be rusty as anything.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Different types of fitness though, ergo the mention of match fitness instead of just fitness. Not opposed to it as we need him, but he’ll be rusty as anything.

Do you think Atu at 20 years of age would be more forward than Luke?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
LMac at half rat power brings more than Young, so roll the dice.

I'm not writing the kid off, but he could do with a run in the 2nds.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Exactly.

Im not saying delist him. My point has been that his form for a few weeks now has been pretty ordinary and he needs a spell in the 2’s.

You could argue that with an effective wingman yesterday that the result may have been very different. Playing on a wing in the modern game and being one of the players at the bottom of the list for disposals is definitely a form issue.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1964-ford-gt40.jpg

That’s a beauty mate.

I often get my drool on:

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
That is always an interesting point (well to me anyway). Do you give a player a chance to dominate at a lower grade to build confidence? Especially young fellows, and at North's stage of the rebuild, it is their development that is crucial.

Dropping a young bloke might destroy confidence.

Brissie's Raynor was a case in point. In his second year he was playing as a permanent forward pocket, admittedly in a winning team most weeks, but rarely getting the ball and rarely getting to contests. I would have given him a game or two in the Twos to build confidence but Fages and Noble went the other way.

I am not sure I agree with Snake's sentiment that a run in the Twos is a good idea. I would of a few years ago.

I am still fuming about the interchange late on Sunday but I still trust the coaches to choose the correct path.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
DN: If McDonald gets through training today, he will play. He's worked his backside off and got the all-clear from the surgeons.

Send him to lock down on Rich.

I will start projectile vomiting blood if they let him roll around the ground without an opponent & setting up Brisbane forward thrusts with 55 metre passes.

Send him to lock down on Rich.

I will start projectile vomiting blood if they let him roll around the ground without an opponent & setting up Brisbane forward thrusts with 55 metre passes.
Rich plays on their HB line. Give Scott the job as Rich is hardly a contested monster. Looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. They may put Starcevich on Zurhaar.

Last edited:

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Rich plays on their HB line. Give Scott the job as Rich is hardly a contested monster. Looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. They may put Starcevich on Zurhaar.
Plays like a Jane that puts the footy on a ******* dime anywhere within about 60 metres. Incredible kick of the footy and one of their most important players. I hope it doesn't happen this week, but as a neutral he's a lot of fun to watch when his kicking gets going.

Plays like a Jane that puts the footy on a ******* dime anywhere within about 60 metres. Incredible kick of the footy and one of their most important players. I hope it doesn't happen this week, but as a neutral he's a lot of fun to watch when his kicking gets going.
Beautiful kick, weak one-on-one, which is bemusing considering his build.

Quigley

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2006
Bangalla
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

This is a common misconception by opposition supporters. Rich gets plenty of attention each week and still leads the competition in kicks. He also averages as many contested possessions as most half backs including the likes of McDonald who I am sure you guys think of as a strong contested ball winner.

This is a common misconception by opposition supporters. Rich gets plenty of attention each week and still leads the competition in kicks. He also averages as many contested possessions as most half backs including the likes of McDonald who I am sure you guys think of as a strong contested ball winner.
Disagree, he is built like a brick s**t house and struggles one-on-one, not that it’s his role.

Easy to rack up kicks without a forward to mark closely and playing in a dominate team. Most HB rebounders are unaccountable. McDonald plays a much stronger lockdown role, so not exactly a like for like. Hall is more like for like. Both extremely valuable roles.

F963D2E3-6CCA-4859-850C-8A8B10214945.png

Last edited:
Someone made the point that the flat track at Docklands exposes our skill errors more, which I think was a great point. As much as I am disappointed about missing going to the game, us against the Bears in Tas gives us a better chance in my opinion. Which is a good thing (not my opinion, the chance for a win).

Written like a true old Royboy there Lomas. :thumbsu:

Back