Preview Round 14, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Brisbane @ Blundstone Arena | Saturday, 19 June @ 16:35

Frank Thring

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Zorko out is big.

I think Dumont to McLuggage and Turner to Cameron. Mahoney to play defensive on Rich.

I think Walker will play back as they have 3 key forwards which means Xerri to FF changing with Goldy. I feel Xerri will have a better game this week and will kick a couple.

Should be a good game if we're up for it, if not then the Lions could win easily.

Zorko out is big.

I think Dumont to McLuggage and Turner to Cameron. Mahoney to play defensive on Rich.

I think Walker will play back as they have 3 key forwards which means Xerri to FF changing with Goldy. I feel Xerri will have a better game this week and will kick a couple.

Should be a good game if we're up for it, if not then the Lions could win easily.

If Xerri kicks 2, I think we’ll win.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think that LMac in adds more than we lose with Tay Tay going out and Curtis will cover him, putting Xerri rotating with Todd in FF with Souva playing a bit further up gives us more option for scoring. I'm a bit worried about these guys Matt Stevic (9), Craig Fleer (26), Brent Wallace (33) do any of them have North hating form? I know it's not exactly scientific but i reckon the cold weather will also impact the Pineapples more than us, Roo's by by a tassie devil!

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I think that LMac in adds more than we lose with Tay Tay going out and Curtis will cover him, putting Xerri rotating with Todd in FF with Souva playing a bit further up gives us more option for scoring. I'm a bit worried about these guys Matt Stevic (9), Craig Fleer (26), Brent Wallace (33) do any of them have North hating form? I know it's not exactly scientific but i reckon the cold weather will also impact the Pineapples more than us, Roo's by by a tassie devil!

Luke is typically rusty for a few games when he starts.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North have some pretty decent talent and experience for a team sitting on the bottom.

McDonald, Ziebell, Dumont, Cunnington, Simpkin, Stephenson, Zurhaar, Goldstein, Davies-Uniacke, Thomas, Tarrant

Some pretty big names there. I've probably missed a couple of younger kids who are flying under the radar as well.
You guys seem to be building, especially in Tas, and we're usually shot coming off the bye. Do you rate yourselves a decent chance?
I'm worried it could be a bit of a 50/50 scrap like last year.

Certainly a chance, all be it a small one.

- we are fielding our best side of the year
- at a ground we play well that you’ve never played at
- our coach knows the oppo well
- there is a chance your sluggish off the bye and we are smarting over the missed chance last week.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How many of our current crop of defenders actually played in defence as juniors? Virtually none of them, I'm tipping. So we need to draft defenders? Or do we just draft the best players?

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not much in it in terms of experience this week.

North MelbourneAttributeBrisbane
189.3cmHeight188.2cm
85.4kgWeight87.4kg
25yr 2mthAge25yr 7mth
96.7Games102.2
North MelbourneGamesBrisbane
9Less than 506
450 to 996
4100 to 1496
5150 or more4

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
Looking forward to Turner on Cameron and Dumont on McLuggage, like I’m looking forward to my first Colonoscopy.
Back in the good old days the knock out drugs they used to use would leave you feeling great for the rest of the day.

The new ones have such a short half life you feel fine/normal immediately after you become aware.

Real bugger.

I always ask for some Peth in the last return on my plasma donation.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Looking forward to Turner on Cameron and Dumont on McLuggage, like I’m looking forward to my first Colonoscopy.

Turner beat Tippa against *. Did well but also lucky against Greene, he looks to be using his best attributes to best effect. If he can’t do it who’s next? McDonald first up maybe?

And we also have Scott for mcluggage. I think I’d prefer 20 Dumont disposals not tagging vs 15 from Scott not tagging.

So You Think

Miracle on Arden St
Feb 28, 2011
Hotel Kensington
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Melbourne are a hole of a club with no home ground.

They systematically cheated got caught, had the AFL wordsmith an outcome to not claim cheating, copped a $500k fine and then were gifted pick 3 by virtue of band 1 compo.

They were managed so poorly that the AFL had to appoint people into the club. Paying for some of them.

and now that they are up the top there appears to be a narrative of them doing it on their own. GAGF they did.

As for beating Carlton, I wanna watch them burn.

Can we tie Geelong to the same stake, like a two for one deal. The extra wood would be worth the outlay I reckon. ;)

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just went to order tickets on ticketek and it was 80 dollars for a seat in the Ricky Ponting stand,you would think they would be trying to encourage families to attend, ticket prices need to be looked at.
and they wonder why they can't get fans to AFL games or keep a local league going?
s**t starts from the top and falls down.

Back