Review Round 14, 2021 - North Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How is Cockatoo tracking? I'm lowkey tempted for the lions to trial him in and see if it goes well.

How is Cockatoo tracking? I'm lowkey tempted for the lions to trial him in and see if it goes well.

This whole year is about carefully rebuilding his body. Stick to the plan.

I thought it was a relatively professional performance. We didn’t win by 10 goals (which shouldn’t be a grading point) but never really looked like losing, won by 4 goals and kept them to just 6 goals.
Looking to next week Zorko comes in (My choice would be for Prior… Coleman second)
And I’d look at Paine but not sure it’s the right call.
I’d have Starce go to Rohan
Harris to Cameron
Hawkins is the one I’m not sure on. Don’t think adams is the man and he’s dominated Harris. That said I’m not sure Adams is any worse bet than Paine.

Linc and Zac are our clutch players. Kept us in it. McCarthy was magic. Did Jack Payne play today ? Need him in the team for structure, Zorko in for Rhys. I've seen enough of Ah Chee. The free ride needs to come to an end.

Linc and Zac are our clutch players. Kept us in it. McCarthy was magic. Did Jack Payne play today ? Need him in the team for structure, Zorko in for Rhys. I've seen enough of Ah Chee. The free ride needs to come to an end.
We need to find a way to push AhChee forward again.
Maybe Coleman out for AhChee to move forward and then Zorko back in for Matho. We need his zip zap back in the middle.
Then push Jaxon Prior back to replace AhChee there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah Chee didn't do a good enough job on Stephenson?

Ah Chee never gets any credit for anything.

A bit like McStay was......only now, are most of his critics beginning to appreciate his importance to our structure and noticing the important non-stat work he does

Stephenson was invisible

Well Played Ah Chee

Usually people seem to pick the players they've been targeting every week since they ever played and put up some silly reason why they should be dropped every time they have what looks like a quiet game.

Ah Chee was fine today. And like others seem to love saying is critical to our versatility and structure.

As for me I've never advocated dropping McStay just think he could give more. He was good early when he got up the ground , some elite kicks into the forward half ,one of his better games.

We won today because they got tired and we kept at it . We're not really gelling at the moment but that can change. Our major weakness presently is when the whole M/F isn't running hard enough and against good opposition you pay more than we did today. Really missed Zorko's leadership tbh.

Once Neale got going and Bailey took on the responsibility for getting back we looked a different team. McCluggage ran his guts out all day and disappointed to see any criticism of him. His finishing is letting him down a bit lately and you can see he just doesn't want to take a shot at goal. It's mental and he'll get on top of it.

There were 42 frees and Daniher was involved in 8 of them

Got the 4 points against the bottom team.
Exactly the same as the win against Richmond
First game back from the bye we looked very ordinary early but worked our way back to get the win
Neale worked himself into the game. Disposals by quarter 4,6,9,11.
He should be ready for a rematch with the O'Connor tag that kept him to 7 kicks & 9 handballs in round 2
Charlie looked like the only possible injury for the game so that is a positive. He should be okay for next week
One day less to recover than Geelong but that should not be a problem
Next week will see where we are placed in the finals race.
Win and we move to 3rd

There were 42 frees and Daniher was involved in 8 of them
He's a funny player . One thing I've been wondering about is the number of times he just blasts away with his left foot without looking when he's got plenty of time to look. Most of the time it doesn't pay off.

He's a big athletic guy who has enough presence to worry the opposition into doing something silly. Ruckwork is non existent but gets away with it sometimes.

Ah Chee never gets any credit for anything.

A bit like McStay was......only now, are most of his critics beginning to appreciate his importance to our structure and noticing the important non-stat work he does

Stephenson was invisible

Well Played Ah Chee

McStay is coming along nicely. Field kicking is damaging. I don't see the fuss in Ah Chee. He's not a lockdown defender or tagger, he certainly didn't do it today so keeping superstar Stephensen to 0 goals who played on the wing doesn't exactly scream attention.

I don't even know his role. He was forward of the ball at stages today. Come finals with a fit Gardiner, I don't see him in the team. Maddens speed to me is what we should go with.

Back