Review Round 14, 2021 - North Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL app has Charlie with 5 disposals but 6 contested possessions? How does that work.

Weird stat line either way - 5 touches, 3 marks, 2 goals 3 behinds. Scored with every possession.
Not every possession generates a disposal, for example if the player gets tackled or runs it out of bounds after taking possession.

Not sure where all this love for Dev is coming from based on last nights game. Laid a great tackle and kicked a great goal but only had 6 disposals in the first three quarters seemingly playing a negating role on Hall and then was released from the job in the last when the heat was out of the game finishing with 6 effective disposals for the entire match.

Definitely brings an intensity and willingness to do the tough stuff but not sure he’s quite best 22
as you have stated, probably not just yet, but an extremely bright future and shown enough after only a few games

I say Dev working well.. Tackle and pressure is good. Just needs to find it more.
Hopefully it gel for him then more he plays
Probably Joyce be his danger from the twos although different type of player.
Or Cockatoo if he ever gets a run on.
So I hope he builds for finals.

I bring in Zorko for Matho/Prior. Tempted to keep Matho for the Cats game.
Payne for Kiddy and move Ah Chee forward.
Feel for Tom Berry 12th man too many games..
Agree, would try and keep Matho for Cats game. Not sure if Payne fit enough yet for cats game, but he has played well on Rohan in the past. Wonder if Berry is getting 'match payments'? I believe it is common for some of the younger guys (not on huge money) to have match incentives and payments included.

Possibly the weirdest distribution of votes I have ever seen. Not sure how Ziebell got equal top votes when he was nearly responsible for goals from shocking turnovers (but got lucky multiple times), but oh well.

Hugh McCluggage (BL)
Lachie Neale (BL)
Jack Ziebell (NMFC)
Lincoln McCarthy (BL)
Jarryd Lyons (BL)
Zac Bailey (BL)
Todd Goldstein (NMFC)
Grant Birchall (BL)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly the weirdest distribution of votes I have ever seen. Not sure how Ziebell got equal top votes when he was nearly responsible for goals from shocking turnovers (but got lucky multiple times), but oh well.

Hugh McCluggage (BL)
Lachie Neale (BL)
Jack Ziebell (NMFC)
Lincoln McCarthy (BL)
Jarryd Lyons (BL)
Zac Bailey (BL)
Todd Goldstein (NMFC)
Grant Birchall (BL)

Hard to work out, lots of scenarios

This maybe ?

5. McCarthy
4. Lyons
3. Neale
2. Ziebell
1. Birchall

5. McCluggage
4. Bailey
3. Ziebell
2. Neale
1. Goldstein

Hugh McCluggage (BL)
Lachie Neale (BL)
Jack Ziebell (NMFC)
Lincoln McCarthy (BL)
Jarryd Lyons (BL)
Zac Bailey (BL)
Todd Goldstein (NMFC)
Grant Birchall (BL)

Especially given Ziebell and Linc were opposed to each other for most of the day.

Hugh McCluggage (BL)
Lachie Neale (BL)
Jack Ziebell (NMFC)
Lincoln McCarthy (BL)
Jarryd Lyons (BL)
Zac Bailey (BL)
Todd Goldstein (NMFC)
Grant Birchall (BL)

Gets weirder the more I think about it - JL and Bailey got 4 votes from one coach, but were completely out of the votes of the other.

They're related but not completely, iirc.
Hard to work out, lots of scenarios

This maybe ?

5. McCarthy
4. Lyons
3. Neale
2. Ziebell
1. Birchall

5. McCluggage
4. Bailey
3. Ziebell
2. Neale
1. Goldstein
Something like that - the 1s got one each, which means the 4s each got 4 from one and none from t'other, which leaves the 5s as a mix between single 5s and 2+3s.

Of those, yeah, I think McCarthy probably got someone's 5 and Ziebell won't have.

I see Fages snuck Birch in for a vote.

Anyone who thinks Birch is going to be replaced by anybody this year just forget it.

Which makes it more likely Madden keeps his spot and there's a fight between Payne and Adams as a hybrid tall.

Though in my view I'd be keeping Adams in against the better teams.

I see Fages snuck Birch in for a vote.

Anyone who thinks Birch is going to be replaced by anybody this year just forget it.

Which makes it more likely Madden keeps his spot and there's a fight between Payne and Adams as a hybrid tall.

Though in my view I'd be keeping Adams in against the better teams.

Or we move Ah Chee forward again.

Back