Review Round 14, 2021 - North Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing I like is The Big O going the big smash forward every so often. It breaks the play up, gains meterage and brings back old memories.

The short tap often is ineffective. I wonder what the stats, comparing the big smash against the lay off show.

Hopefully should be a good option this week against weaker rucks. We usually have Linc or Charlie at half forward too running into the centre square

Thats because they are told to slow the game down a bit & take the pace down to a manageable level at that time. No other reason other than coach's instructions.

I prefer the slow approach to how North did it at times last week (move so fast they weren't set up so any turnover would equal score), and how Port just kicks to the same spot on the corner of the center square which is an open invitation to spoil it back inside 50.

Statistically you are way more likely to concede points from turnover on kick ins than go coast to coast, so playing the percentages caution is probably best except for situations late in the game when you have to score.

Port just kicks to the same spot on the corner of the center square which is an open invitation to spoil it back inside 50.

Boy, that's given me flashbacks...

A decade of a chip kick to a pocket, then a long kick to a ruckman outnumbered two on one for a turnover/spoil back inside 50...

I've made myself nauseous.

A decade of a chip kick to a pocket, then a long kick to a ruckman outnumbered two on one for a turnover/spoil back inside 50...

Watching Port do it just makes me mad. I feel like Harris has spoiled every single one of them back to a dangerous spot the last 2 games we've played against them, with maybe only 2-3 goals for Port across the games.

Our kick ins are the only part of our game that hasn't significantly improved under Fagan

Our kick ins are the only part of our game that hasn't significantly improved under Fagan
Wow. I think there might be some massively rose-tinted glasses on there. Our kick-ins were horrific for many years. Now we might be just average, but that's so much better than deplorable.

Wow. I think there might be some massively rose-tinted glasses on there. Our kick-ins were horrific for many years. Now we might be just average, but that's so much better than deplorable.

Yeah probably ok defensively but still as bad as ever offensively.

Thats because they are told to slow the game down a bit & take the pace down to a manageable level at that time. No other reason other than coach's instructions.
I can understand that if you're under the pump, but why not gather the ball quickly from a behind in anticipation of a spare player, doesn't mean you have to take it if their is too big a risk there.

We need Darryl White back so we could kick it out to him. That opposition teams didn't match him up with a tall at our kick ins showed how little thought goes into footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand that if you're under the pump, but why not gather the ball quickly from a behind in anticipation of a spare player, doesn't mean you have to take it if their is too big a risk there.
If they are told to slow the game down, it means Slow The Game Down even if there is an obvious opportunity available at any given time. Its got nothing to do with the risk of the option, its got to do with slowing the game down to a pace that bets suits us at that time.

If they are told to slow the game down, it means Slow The Game Down even if there is an obvious opportunity available at any given time. Its got nothing to do with the risk of the option, its got to do with slowing the game down to a pace that bets suits us at that time.
and tonight they went really really quick a number of times.
Which worked.
That Rich kick near the end of the quarter Zorko took who gave to Link for a goal was fantastic.

Back