Review Round 14, 2022: Footscray Bulldogs v Box Hill Hawks, 25 June 2022, 1.05pm @ Western Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Must also need your 'footy brain' to understand that a player who misses the target by foot almost every kick will somehow be a weapon at AFL level.
His kicking has improved a lot, and it’s not that bad.

If it has improved, it's not by enough. Just my opinion obvs. I won't go into the examples I can think of as this thread doesn't seem to have the stomach for it.

I haven't completely written him off but I think he's up against it to make it from here. I see AFL speed and application but not talent. Just my take.

If it has improved, it's not by enough. Just my opinion obvs. I won't go into the examples I can think of as this thread doesn't seem to have the stomach for it.

I haven't completely written him off but I think he's up against it to make it from here. I see AFL speed and application but not talent. Just my take.
Yep and i agree with u. He has provided good pressure in games but his disposal is ordinary

Interesting to see Morris in the best. How did everyone see Morris's game?

Good, shut down his man completely (whoever he was on, didn't see him lose a one on one, in the air or at ground level) all day.

He took a few intercept marks and used the ball super well, just his intensity and tackling is great also, because of his speed he's able to impact alot. He's like a quicker version of Dimma (probably a better kick also, he could be better if he can continue to develop his game.)

Good, shut down his man completely (whoever he was on, didn't see him lose a one on one, in the air or at ground level) all day.

He took a few intercept marks and used the ball super well, just his intensity and tackling is great also, because of his speed he's able to impact alot. He's like a quicker version of Dimma (probably a better kick also, he could be better if he can continue to develop his game.)
Its what i expected. I am fan of Morris. We need more tough bastards in the side

Its what i expected. I am fan of Morris. We need more tough bastards in the side
Have only watched the first half and will watch the second half tonight, but no-one stood out as being worth of going up to that point. DGB was prob involved the most due to us being so under the pump and stood up ok. Maginness won a bit of ball but wasn't a standout. Ward was ok and was trying but we were so under the pump it was tough for him to be influential. He only finished with 15 touches for the game. Morris wasn't involved a lot. Dom's assessment I suggest has a fair whack of mayo on it. Unless Morris had a HUGE 2nd half he certainly wasnt playing above the level in the 1st half. When we concede 10 unanswered goals in a half I suggest that Morris not being beaten in a contest the whole day just isnt accurate.

Have only watched the first half and will watch the second half tonight, but no-one stood out as being worth of going up to that point. DGB was prob involved the most due to us being so under the pump and stood up ok. Maginness won a bit of ball but wasn't a standout. Ward was ok and was trying but we were so under the pump it was tough for him to be influential. He only finished with 15 touches for the game. Morris wasn't involved a lot. Dom's assessment I suggest has a fair whack of mayo on it. Unless Morris had a HUGE 2nd half he certainly wasnt playing above the level in the 1st half. When we concede 10 unanswered goals in a half I suggest that Morris not being beaten in a contest the whole day just isnt accurate.
Thanks for that keep watching mate

My hot take at the moment is that Morris should be in our side in the backline as we need more blokes who are willing to fly the flag aggressively in there whilst it's going to be under fire heavily.
For mine he should be doing a direct apprenticeship under Dimma, similarly to Dimma doing his under Hodge.

Morris’s second half was better than his first for sure. And by a fair way. It kind of stemmed the bleeding at times which made it easier for he and the rest of the backline although a lot of simple mistakes as a group down there cost goals.

Wouldn’t say Mayo after you’ve watched one half either, watch the other half and give us your assessment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally the replay was up.

Watched the 3rd Q. Morris was good - not without blemish Dominic03 as you suggested but looked good. Saunders was good could have kicked 2. Ward was starting to come good. DGB was OK. A bit there.

Any views on Finn’s game? Ottens report seems pretty positive.
Thought he was much better in the second half when he was moved on ball and excelled. Same with Ward but in different ways. Finn was really bullish strong and explosive while Ward was good with his workrate also explosive his pressure was good but the main thing for me was his class, composure, side step, ball use and one touch and clean.

Horrible first half, did not bother watching the second half, the match was all over. They were comfortably quicker than us and that is a persistent problem. Too often you'd see Jeka and Callow competing with each other. Midfield wise, lack of class with the footy is the killer. Ward played mainly outside. We need him to run with the footy.

For me, it was a case of them going inside 50 against the wind and not bothering to with it. They just had a ping from 65. We kept trying to set up the perfect shot in the first quarter. Having wasted 40 km/h winds for a quarter, it was too late.

Horrible first half, did not bother watching the second half, the match was all over. They were comfortably quicker than us and that is a persistent problem. Too often you'd see Jeka and Callow competing with each other. Midfield wise, lack of class with the footy is the killer. Ward played mainly outside. We need him to run with the footy.
Ward moved into the guts in the 2nd half alongside Finn 👍

Just watched the second half.

Apart from Morris, no-one really showed anything warranting a call-up too much...
Felt Wards class with the ball was huge showed more confidence aswell to side step and burst. Use by hand and foot good, just needs to find more of it. It’s probably why he gets the extra week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back