Game Day Round 14: Adelaide vs Shinboners. Kangaroo "elbows" jack strikes back.

Remove this Banner Ad

The win was great, but I feel as though I need to mention the fact that I got attacked by several Kangaroos fans on the walk home.

We were on the King William St Bridge and all I did was ask a pack of Kangas fans when Boomber was going to be subbed on. One guy had a swing at me, a couple did the old "tough guy hip and shoulder" thing and another threw my beanie away. I asked them how it felt to be plummeting down the ladder, they called me a fat ****.

I wish the followed me further but they all left by Grote St. Maybe my call of "enjoy the bus ride back to Arden St" did it, or perhaps it was my call of "I hope you guys are paid up members, the club needs the cash" calls that set them off.

Absolute bunch of pathetic ferals.
A bit of banter is always fun but if you put yourself in that position then you can't really be surprised if it turns bad.

Funny seeing you boys up and about after beating norfs vfl side. I dont have adelaide finishing in the 8 so i dont think you will be seeing us in finals for a while
Good luck buddy we're above you on the ladder now with an easier draw. Maybe you want us to miss out so you don't lose to us again? Probably the only way you'll achieve anything

Haha I know, it was hilarious seeing their rage come out in the form of pathetic threats.
Had some fun on the hill- last qtr after a Crows goal, a Crows supporter ran up and grabbed me in a joyful headlock Security were on him in a flash but all ended with smiles.

Quite a few Norf supporters around so probs a misunderstanding.

It is never excusable to throw a punch.
In this situation probably not but if you taunt someone then don't be surprised if there's a reaction, this is how s**t escalates.
And I disagree with the "never" part. I've been in situations of no fault of my own where I should've thrown a punch but didn't, luckily it worked out for everyone without it but there's times you have to defend yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My wife was one of many who was scared off going tonight because of idiots like Jane Riley saying that there would be hail and thunder storms.
Should have just looked at BOM radar was obvious early on no rain tonight

Jane Reilly? Didn't she retire like 5 years ago or something?

From Channel 10. Still does a bit on 5AA I believe.

She's a qualified meteorologist though, and let's face it, even the SES said tonight was going to be particularly wet, and Weatherzone had a 90% chance of rain noted for the entire game. No need to make her a scapegoat because we have 5-10k soft fans who were afraid of a little rain tonight.

Jane Reilly? Didn't she retire like 5 years ago or something?

From teev, still on radio apparently. Wouldn't really know as I don't listen to her and rarely watched her when she was on telly. Can't stand that bloody awful voice. There are a few other weather presenters almost as bad on at the moment.

Just back from the game. Cold but bearable and the fact that the rain and hail didn't turn up was great. For those that missed because of the weather, you missed a terrific performance by our blokes. Kick straight and we'd have done them by 10 or more goals.
The way we are running out last quarters will have the entire comp sitting up taking notice. Good on ya Brett Burton
Jacobs BOG.

From teev, still on radio apparently. Wouldn't really know as I don't listen to her and rarely watched her when she was on telly. Can't stand that bloody awful voice. There are a few other weather presenters almost as bad on at the moment.
If you want to talk awful voice, that one that retired from channel 9 last year was the worst. Had the most horrible scratchy voice. Very pretty but sounded like the teenager from the Simpsons with the perennially breaking voice, female version.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back