vidwhal

Grade A Douchebag
Oct 4, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
New York Knicks

YES!! It's the biggest battle of the season!! Where the battle will be so great, through sheer blunt forced masculinity it will neck-bulge itself into a great big mofo-ing BADDLE! Featuring possibly two of the greatest sides ever put together! (if WWE can incessantly over-hype, then so can I dammit!!)

Two expatriates feature in a friend-now-foe match up of Hogan brutishly bull-anting his way through Melbourne defenders, Harley Balic coming out of retirement to extract his vengeance from the blood of the S&C Team (yes!, I'm a tad deranged alright!).

Can the Fremantle Dockers go in, still spiteful all these years after losing Jeff White (well, I was pi55ed off when that happened!) and make this completely-unrelated-to-that-era Demons squad pay?

Can Melbourne's tattooed, bald-headed flog (ooh, how risque!), otherwise vaguely known as The NathanJonestown Massacre (from today!) errr….massacre the Freo management for convincing them to give up the virtually priceless (actually, 220 points in today's currency) pick of 54 for Viv Michie?!

ZrL0GNLiRaEShX7dN83qr6oAArC4TcgtNEgJsjsA4CyO4ckecDKOSzB6JKOy3klGxRDIb3sCm-mKFsGPbc-FyrTWPZUlJ-r2E4a3xj0CxLE0UnurfzqRiyJs3NW_XWiVycGiIuDk

Baddle of the Middle:

Big Boy Darcy will look to having his Hordoring way with the villainous Gilmore-Girl loving Gawnski. Maximilian is a quality foe but after The Giant feasted on the bones of LyDer during his last campaign, he now wants a long bushy ended toothpick to pick his teeth clean of their remains (a man's gotta try n look his best y'know).
9kl0SKJi1Mry-q05zo9PL6qOXRL3cpc_fufpAFpZscvYaaYz_U9OyV9mFkfzHRDe5e4w9T4LdxnF1WnosNXutWlN46Qp1hnlroGU8Z-I8XDqfp7kPRB80B6qKPe4rXH2h-qbiVuV

Can Captain Fyfe strong arm his way alongside his band of mighty mandibly-endowed merry men (say 'm' again, dammit!) straight through the red & navy blue maggots (sneeeaky ;)), causing mass demoralisation and actually playing them into even worse form instead of the other way around?

(this has unashamedly become a bit of a one-sided rant, it appears…but what the hell!)

Baddle of the Forward:

Will Sonny rise again (geddit?) and slam down another bag of 6 forcing Steven May to reconsider going back to the pub and doing his own slamming, downing more than a few ales to relieve the pain?

Can the return to his old stomping ground bring aflame the rising Hogan and demonstrate why a McDonald/Weiderman partnership on the other end was always folly by comparison?

Baddle of the Backline:

Will Logue & Hamling stand up strong again in partnership and make it two in a row against a forward line that doesn't feature any player within the top 40 goal scorers? (further highlighting the excellence of the McDonald/Weidman combo ;)).

Can Luke Ryan maintain his current status as the premier intercept mark ahead of the Fried Chicken Fiend and cut off the forward supply and rebound faster than you can say 'VLADIMIR PUTIN!'?!

As you can see there are many Cans and Wills, (hopefully the cans of an alcohol soaked Melbourne pain numbing sesh after party, conformed to the wills of a mighty Fremantle Dockers!) which I think, most of all, means I should really work on my grammar.

Melbourne are ****ed and we're coming for them.
Freo by Fifty! (yes, because it's alliterative!)

Last edited:

Benzi10

Senior List
Apr 23, 2014
Réunion island
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Olympique Lyonnais
Don't feel good about this. We are favorites in the eyes of many i reckon, apart from the bookies aparently. We have so much more pace through the midfield and i hope we put it to good use. Their deffence in deplorable but they are improving. Hope the boys don't get caught in a trap and bring the same effort as the last 3 games. In today's game if your slightly off you are in trouble.

This has danger game all over it as Melbourne start getting players back and will probably be sick of copping it from all and sundry about their season to date. I expect them to derail a few finals aspirants seasons by storming home with 5-7 wins to finish the season strongly and we fit the mould perfectly of a season that's due to be derailed.

Yet I'm also weirdly excited and have a small glimmer of confidence. Not a usual emotion of mine, especially for danger games like this one. If we are to make finals we have to win 2-3 of: Melbourne @ MCG, Bulldogs @ Marvel and St. Kilda @ Marvel. All of these are tricky games that we could very well lose. But at least we'll learn exactly where we're at in terms of consistency.

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
This has danger game all over it as Melbourne start getting players back and will probably be sick of copping it from all and sundry about their season to date. I expect them to derail a few finals aspirants seasons by storming home with 5-7 wins to finish the season strongly and we fit the mould perfectly of a season that's due to be derailed.

Yet I'm also weirdly excited and have a small glimmer of confidence. Not a usual emotion of mine, especially for danger games like this one. If we are to make finals we have to win 2-3 of: Melbourne @ MCG, Bulldogs @ Marvel and St. Kilda @ Marvel. All of these are tricky games that we could very well lose. But at least we'll learn exactly where we're at in terms of consistency.
We should romp in all three of them or I’ve vastly overestimated our improvements 😂

good write up vidwhal, extra points for the Zero Wing meme!

as for the game... after consulting https://www.ski.com.au/snowreport.html I can see Melbourne turning up to play so I think it'll be closer than some people think, especially for the first 3 quarters. then we'll kick the last 4 goals to win kind of comfortably. need to watch out for complacency though, given how 'arrogant' we've become

Sep 2, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NUFC , Pistons , Lions
Cant wait to get back to the G after last time ! As others have pointed out this is definitely a danger game. Demons have more talent than one normally in that spot and i think their last 4 games have also been against the teams that occupy spots 2-5 on the ladder.

Hard fought win Freo by 15 is my call.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
We're not consistent, which I am sure would be annoying the Hell out of Lyon and the club. This game will be one where they will be looking to build that consistency , especially as it is at the G.

Really looking forward to the clearance/ruck battles, and seeing how Hogan goes.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
We're not consistent, which I am sure would be annoying the Hell out of Lyon and the club. This game will be one where they will be looking to build that consistency , especially as it is at the G.

Really looking forward to the clearance/ruck battles, and seeing how Hogan goes.

Our inconsistency is about right for where the list is at - another away win would be huge for us but I have tipped Melbourne. We have to stay even with them early and be on top in the third. Perfect world we get out to a lead and take the fight out of them. I think it will be within 2 kicks either way.

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
They look to have a few selection changes this week and are coming into this game off of a coaching reshuffle. I feel like this will be another close one.

democritus

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Must win this one. GWS & Collingwood wins should have given the team great belief that we can get the job done away from home against quality sides; now we need to start winning the ones we are expected to.

Back