Preview Round 14 changes v dogs @marvel Sunday 4:40pm before the bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Crazy that our best player is out but this is close to the strongest team we’ve had all year. Will Phill, George, Jy, and TT starting mids 🥰

Half a glass full of gun mids

Half a glass full of meh backs
Glass Half Full GIF by GIPHY News

Surely Spicer and Hall out.
Turner had a day out in the twos a couple of weeks ago so maybe he is playing with a bit more confidence. There may be a role for him.
Curtis will continue to be in and out until he can be more consistent at AFL level. No problem with that.
Corr in? Why? He kind of just plays Jacks role but not as well. His best is not as damaging as Hall. Would prefer to have seen Perez who played a good game in the twos or Dawson come in. Geez I hope rats is not being influenced by the argument that senior players should play because they are senior players argument. Take a look at Port, the captain is down on form, he doesn't play. Selection on merit please.

That is the ploddiest bench of all time named... to play against the Dogs.

I don't really care who comes in or out but the balance seems a bit off. The fresh dinosaur legs of Corr last week was a real master stroke.

I watched the twos last week. Turner got the ball given to him by his team-mates in the first quarter because he was an AFL player. He then pretty much butchered the ball. After the first quarter he was nowhere to be seen. Howe was a stand-out for the first 3 quarters. Lazzarro was everywhere but it was pretty much run and gun, no poise. Curtis was pretty much always rushed. Perez backed himself in in the second half and looked much better with run and carry and Dawson did the same. In Dawson's case the ball never went in to the defensive 50 in the first quarter so his Stats are actually better than they read. I would think his Stats all came the last 3 quarters.
I haven't looked at a stat sheet so I'm not sure what I saw would be reflected in the Stats.
One thing I do know is that Turner shouldn't be called up ion the back of that match.

The way you've been posting sounds like you're just lookin for any excuse.

Yeah.. because a club that has 2 straight spoons and eleven straight losses that picks Kayne Turner gives a person no excuses. I’m clutching at straws, I’m literally looking for any reason.

That is the ploddiest bench of all time named... to play against the Dogs.

I don't really care who comes in or out but the balance seems a bit off. The fresh dinosaur legs of Corr last week was a real master stroke.

Yeah but don’t question decisions or the direction we’re going. We’ve got the A team in charge now now, so everything they do is a hallowed pearl from the Lord, success is inevitable, and who are we to say otherwise.

Yeah but don’t question decisions or the direction we’re going. We’ve got the A team in charge now now, so everything they do is a hallowed pearl from the Lord, success is inevitable, and who are we to say otherwise.
Have a drink or a walk or a crank or something mate. Game’s on Sunday 🤙

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1686898876764.png
North Melbourne v Western Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium, 4.40pm AEST

NORTH MELBOURNE

In:
J.Simpkin, H.Greenwood
Out:
M.Bergman (omitted), D.Tucker (omitted), A.Hall (omitted)

R13 sub: Aidan Corr

WESTERN BULLDOGS

In:
T.O'Brien, M.Hannan
Out:
J.Bruce (omitted), J.O'Donnell (omitted), A.Jones (omitted)

R13 sub: Oskar Baker

Not bad, hopefully our small forwards step up. So happy to see Ziebell playing without Hall

Will be interested to see how we use likes of Sheez & TT this week with the extra midfield options back in.

Ins: Simpkin, LDU, Perez,
Outs: Hall, Spicer, Bergman (Rest), Tucker

B: Corr, Mckay, Ziebell
HB: Mcdonald, Logue, Sheezel
C: Scott Simpkin Shiels
HF: Thomas CCJ Stephenson
F: Curtis Larkey Zurhaar
FO: Goldstein LDU Wardlaw

INT: Perez Powell Phillips Ford
Sub: Greenwood

Corr into the starting 22. Dogs will go big with Naughton, JUH, Lobb. Mcdonald onto Weightman.

How good does that forward line look! Need Curtis and Stephenson to actually tackle though and it will become extremely dangerous.

Looking forward to seeing how the midfield mix works of LDU, Simpkin, Wardlaw, Phillips, Powell, Thomas. Genuinely exciting.

Greenwood sub as he can play anywhere on the ground. Tucker stiff but there's actually a bit of a selection squeeze here.

So close, but i genuinely think our team this week is as good as it has been in a long long time.

Cautiously optimistic. We absolutely owe these pricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back