Prediction Round 14: Changes vs Melbourne + Pre-match Discussion

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Bring Harley in giving him 2 full games before the derby. Whoever goes out would surely understand. The dudes a freak play him!
Nah. Bigger picture. Two straight home games, perfect opportunity to play 3 straight in WA. He ll bring the crowd and build. No traveling, easier recovery and recuperating

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cerra would replace Duman I would imagine as he can play all the same positions. I don't think he is an adequate replacement (forward pressure) for someone like Switta.
Cerra cant play defence well. That why he was moved forward in the previous weeks bar the Collingwood game where he started forward. id much rather he had a full game mid for Peel and keep the team unchanged. Tipping Bennell returns for a home game.

showemhowtorock

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cerra cant play defence well. That why he was moved forward in the previous weeks bar the Collingwood game where he started forward. id much rather he had a full game mid for Peel and keep the team unchanged. Tipping Bennell returns for a home game.
he was moved forward cause blakley came back.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle

Cerra got a rising star nomination playing in defence.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Not sure why everyone thinks Duman is ahead of Cerra, just 2 weeks ago Duman dropped about 3 chest marks, his performance was papered over by the fact that we won, he would have got hounded on here if we didn't.

I generally rate Duman but he is out of form for me, would take Cerra ahead of him as a defender every day of the week.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure why everyone thinks Duman is ahead of Cerra, just 2 weeks ago Duman dropped about 3 chest marks, his performance was papered over by the fact that we won, he would have got hounded on here if we didn't.

I generally rate Duman but he is out of form for me, would take Cerra ahead of him as a defender every day of the week.
Cerra ahead of Duman as a defender everyday of the week bar the one's ending in the letters 'day'. Cerra's lack of pace running back to goal has been a severe liability at times this year when he has played in defence. While the scapegoats get hounded on here at times Cerra's kicking has been terrible as well. Duman meanwhile has actually done some really good shutdown roles in recent weeks.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cerra got a rising star nomination playing in defence.
Dont have a problem saying one good game means next to nothing. HIs form overall in defence has been bad enpough for the coaches to decide to move him forward. He gets a free ride on here from criticism, but he's not a defender. He was destroyed in both the Richmond and Bulldogs game playing on quick small forwards.

Jan 23, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just to clarify for all those “Harley has to play this week” or “unleash him for the derby” just take a breath.

If he is this amazing talent then he should coming back when he gets multiple 30+ Disposal and 2 goal games at peel.

For context McCarthy had more touches and goals than him on the weekend... Banfield also had two goals and twice as many touches, can’t hear calls to rush either of them back?

If Harley gets p!ssed he ain’t getting a game, he might want to show that he does deserve one (and an extension) not through “potential “ but by carving up at the WAFL level.

PowerToThePurpl

All Australian
Jun 28, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
It’s pretty simple, the team’s winning, and why change a winning team on a roll? Harley’s a supreme talent but even he will need a lot of time to build into consistent AFL form, he absolutely won’t come in and kick 6 goals and have 30+ disposals in his first dozen games back.

S. Hill last played in Round 17 last year, against Port he had 69% ToG, 12 touches, 0 marks, and 1 tackle. Bennell has played 2 games in 3 and a half years.

Once Hill builds and there’s an opening in the team whether that be due to injury or poor performance, that’s the time to unleash Harley.

No change for mine.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just to clarify for all those “Harley has to play this week” or “unleash him for the derby” just take a breath.

If he is this amazing talent then he should coming back when he gets multiple 30+ Disposal and 2 goal games at peel.

For context McCarthy had more touches and goals than him on the weekend... Banfield also had two goals and twice as many touches, can’t hear calls to rush either of them back?

If Harley gets p!ssed he ain’t getting a game, he might want to show that he does deserve one (and an extension) not through “potential “ but by carving up at the WAFL level.

Apparently Harley’s TOG was very low and when he was on, he was in a hard tag, so it’s pointless comparing stats with others and actually doesn’t give context.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
It’s pretty simple, the team’s winning, and why change a winning team on a roll?
No change for mine.
It is simple, and as a general rule I agree. I am also quite happy to keep Bennell prepping at Peel short term. But, the club will want him in, there is no doubt about that, so regardless of injuries and form to others, at some time, he is the guy to come in. And if we are finals bound, then 5-6+ games in the best 22 would be a good for him to have before then.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Dont have a problem saying one good game means next to nothing. HIs form overall in defence has been bad enpough for the coaches to decide to move him forward. He gets a free ride on here from criticism, but he's not a defender. He was destroyed in both the Richmond and Bulldogs game playing on quick small forwards.

But Tabs in your opinion is close to elite despite only playing a handful of semi decent games in 7 years. Cerra has a problem with pace and time will tell if he can overcome that.

ozzie69

All Australian
Jun 28, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
It is simple, and as a general rule I agree. I am also quite happy to keep Bennell prepping at Peel short term. But, the club will want him in, there is no doubt about that, so regardless of injuries and form to others, at some time, he is the guy to come in. And if we are finals bound, then 5-6+ games in the best 22 would be a good for him to have before then.
It's important to pace our run. We need to begin ramping up our form from here so as to hit peak form around September. We eased three new guys into the team last week. Over the coming weeks Harley will break into the team, Lobbster and Cerra will return and we'll have some depth in the shed.
Patience is required as we ramp up over the coming weeks.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
It's important to pace our run. We need to begin ramping up our form from here so as to hit peak form around September. We eased three new guys into the team last week. Over the coming weeks Harley will break into the team, Lobbster and Cerra will return and we'll have some depth in the shed.
Patience is required as we ramp up over the coming weeks.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes, assuming all goes according to the Cunning Plan we are nicely placed.

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes, assuming all goes according to the Cunning Plan we are nicely placed.

Jan 23, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Apparently Harley’s TOG was very low and when he was on, he was in a hard tag, so it’s pointless comparing stats with others and actually doesn’t give context.

Fair enough but , That points to even less likely chance of returning TOG low is concerning considering it’s his 3rd game back . Tag or no tag 11 touch 2 goal effort in a WAFL game ain’t gonna force your way into a winning team.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
On Bigfooty that makes perfect sense. In reality I'd hope they're a bit more professional than that.
It would be circumstantial I think. In our current scenario where finals a possible you just stick to your process. Harley will play when he is conditioned and form warrants.

If your club is done and morale is low among fans, stuff like that helps the turnstiles click.

Back