Prediction Round 14: Changes vs Melbourne + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The bookies have Melbourne ever so slightly as favorites to win. I see no reason to put this in the bank. There have been so many upsets all year, and this would NOT be an upset. Anyone talking about percentage boosting needs to reflect on our year so far - it has been a fairly up and down ride. It was not that long a go that Gold Coast gave us a lesson away - the score line was generous to us.

Melbourne have played patches of good footy and most had tipped them as a top 4 team this year.
There is every chance they will click into gear. The MCG seems to be a good fit for the WA teams these days, and I will be disappointed if we do not get the 4 points, however it would not come as any surprise to me. I would hope that we are competitive.

We have Carlton at home next week, and even that will not be an easy game.

No 2nd year player can be a whipping boy. I'm thinking after the illness they decided not to rush him back, he could have
had the flu after all. He'll be back within another week or two you'd think
I saw him sitting with a bunch of our players at the game last weekend. He couldn’t have been that sick.

I think Langdon needs to turn it up this week for us to get the W. No doubt sides are going to target B.Hill from now on and Langdon needs to tip the scales away from him.

Sorry but no excuses. With the way we have played the last month and the way Melbourne are playing and state of their injury list we should win.

Are there easy games? If you're off by 5% you lose in todays AFL, but if we are serious about going places then I expect us to win and win comfortably the next two weeks.

I'll be pissed if we drop either game. We are by far and a way the better team

Sorry but no excuses. With the way we have played the last month and the way Melbourne are playing and state of their injury list we should win.

Are there easy games? If you're off by 5% you lose in todays AFL, but if we are serious about going places then I expect us to win and win comfortably the next two weeks.

This is where I'm at, everything is stacked in our favour and I believe we have cause to be confident. The boys are clearly confident in the game plan and their ability to overrun teams so beating a slow unfit team coming off a bye in Melbourne should be something to be confident about. We're in a really good position to play finals and they boys would be aware that they have to show up and play well to win but they deserve to be confident in their ability to get the job done.

No excuses for this one

According to 6PR this morning Meek is the travelling emergency as Darcy is a bit sore after his huge comeback game last week.
I am champing at the bit to see Meek towel up Gawn on Saturday.
Also word is that Lobb Will be back for the Derby.

I saw him sitting with a bunch of our players at the game last weekend. He couldn’t have been that sick.

I think this is the price he pays for the “ look how skilful I am “ smartarse dribble shot at goal against Collingwood.
Doesn’t matter how good you are, when you’re clear and 20 metres out in the corridor, you kick the damn goal the easiest way even more so when you are good either foot.
If we had lost that game Ross would drop him for a month......... fair enough too.

He probably missed a training session due to sickness. Even if he recovered by the weekend missing that Thursday training sessions at his age and experience means you can't play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having quality like Bennell playing in the WAFL makes no sense.

It's time.
Looks like the Ferrari sits in the garage again this week.

Frustrating as all hell. It's not like he's been trash at WAFL level. He's actually been pretty good.

"You play yourself in"? I don't' think so, otherwise, Banfiled would have been first picked this week. I'm not unhappy with the 'no change', just a bit of honesty would be nice.

Frustrating as all hell. It's not like he's been trash at WAFL level. He's actually been pretty good.

"You play yourself in"? I don't' think so, otherwise, Banfiled would have been first picked this week. I'm not unhappy with the 'no change', just a bit of honesty would be nice.

The good thing about no changes means that the 22 will be fighting hard to retain their spot. Won't see any half arsed efforts on Saturday.

We've got no idea what they say behind closed doors, no idea!

Whilst I totally concur that we should be getting the win, there still can be extenuating circumstances-we could still play well and lose IF melbourne come totally switched on with their A game.
As long as there’s perspective.

Won’t change it being very disappointing if we lose but I genuinely believe, at this stage of our development that talk of % boosting games is rather premature.

Let’s just continue improve our systems (in particular fwd half )cohesion and refining the game plan , all the while hopefully banking the 4 points and worry bout %if and when we’re looking at playing finals

Bennell and SHill in the team after so long is too much icing not enough cake for mine , then throw Cerra back in as well and I think people might be in for a bit of a shock at the result of all that changing of team chemistry

We would want to kick 3-4 more goals a game because we will be easier to score against for sure

Bennell and SHill in the team after so long is too much icing not enough cake for mine , then throw Cerra back in as well and I think people might be in for a bit of a shock at the result of all that changing of team chemistry

We would want to kick 3-4 more goals a game because we will be easier to score against for sure

Absolutely agree that there is a cost to players in/out. In the heat of things, players expect to turn and pass - but now that person isn't there, the replacement went for a run up the field or whatever. That does get offset to a degree with worst performing players going out and quality players coming in, such as Hill.

Hill isn't a negative as far as defence goes - in fact, I wish he did a little less defensive running so we can better utilise him going forward.

Cerra and Bennell may be a liability but that would be offset in bennells case by his skills hopefully meaning more effective attacking play. Cerra has been disappointing this year - skills have gone backwards and he hasn't seemed to improve. I hope he becomes the player we all thought he would be but he hasn't gone forward this year.

He probably missed a training session due to sickness. Even if he recovered by the weekend missing that Thursday training sessions at his age and experience means you can't play.
If he was crook during the week, the last thing the club would do is sit him in an enclosed 5 x 5 glass box with about ten of his team mates. Too much of a risk to the others.

If he was crook during the week, the last thing the club would do is sit him in an enclosed 5 x 5 glass box with about ten of his team mates. Too much of a risk to the others.

Think you're reaching a bit here. He could have had any number of illnesses that aren't contagious.

Forecast rain the morning/afternoon. Wonder if the wet will help or limit us

Google says maximum chance of rain 40% hours before the game, down to around 20% when we're playing. Hopefully it does not impact the game. Might be better for Melbourne as they are all inside and nothing on the outside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back