Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
1598317718262.png

Best of 18 starting our next festival of footy .....a chance to makeup some ground ?
My plan is to come from behind in a glorious meteorite of stunning results .....dependent on Gawn I agree ....but I have put countless hours into a scientific approach to this game

Dismiss me at your peril :)

MdD9.gif

Last edited:

Hmm what to do. Got Ladhams and Draper as R2 and R3. Ladhams is a lot of cash tied up on the bench with finals starting. But if I trade...then I have no cover for Draper in the last 2 rounds, and I do not trust my club as I think they might rest Draper making sure he gets through the year unscathed. As they did after his first 2 games.

I can really improve my team if I ditch him getting rid of my 2 worst performing players....Tomahawk for T McClean and Maynard for Docherty. Trades are running low now though. Moved up from 8400 to 4400 in the last round and coming home like a steam train after starting well this year but drifting badly through those rounds when lots were not playing.

Or I leave McClean and Doch and upgrade Perryman and McGrath to Steele and Oliver....and having a very strong mid with Boak as Mid8 with them all capable of 150 plus on their day.

Last edited:
Hmm what to do. Got Ladhams and Draper as R2 and R3. Ladhams is a lot of cash tied up on the bench with finals starting. But if I trade...then I have no cover for Draper in the last 2 rounds, and I do not trust my club as I think they might rest Draper making sure he gets through the year unscathed. As they did after his first 2 games.

I can really improve my team if I ditch him getting rid of my 2 worst performing players....Tomahawk for T McClean and Maynard for Docherty. Trades are running low now though. Moved up from 8400 to 4400 in the last round and coming home like a steam train after starting well this year but drifting badly through those rounds when lots were not playing.

Or I leave McClean and Doch and upgrade Perryman and McGrath to Steele and Oliver....and having a very strong mid with Boak as Mid8.
Tom Bellchambers is making the job of keeping Draper in the team easier ......TBC not playing well at all

Yeah but we might give him a fairwell game at Drapers expense. TBC is cooked.
They played together last round .....even if that were the case, they can manage Draper by playing both ruckmen

Yeah but we might give him a fairwell game at Drapers expense. TBC is cooked.

Phillips will come in when Draper is managed. I think it will happen too just hopefully not in rnd 15. Wont be ideal if Draper and Nic Nat are both rested next week which is very plausible.

Eh, I feel like best 18 when only 2 teams have been given the bye kinda punishes players who are close to team completion.

Looking at my cashie opponent he has 3 rookies left onfield while i only got 1... kinda brings everyone back to even ground for league finals.

Oh well.

Just praying Wingard spuds up.

source.gif

They stuffed Joe D by playing him and running him into the ground when he was clearly not right. My gut feel is that the will rest him, coming off that ACL, which makes me a tad nervous. Not to make the same mistake again.
I'm going to add a ruck/fwd comben and utilize Oscar forward, but also a backup for Draper

1598320773769.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh, I feel like best 18 when only 2 teams have been given the bye kinda punishes players who are close to team completion.

Looking at my cashie opponent he has 3 rookies left onfield while i only got 1... kinda brings everyone back to even ground for league finals.

Oh well.

Just praying Wingard spuds up.

go away.gif

I'm going to add a ruck/fwd comben and utilize Oscar forward, but also a backup for Draper

View attachment 944692
Played around with it and it is probably the most sensible way to go....Oscars a bit of a rollercoaster..his good and bad are miles apart though. I can still upgrade T McClean to Greenwood and get cover in Rucks and Forward if i go this path.

Full lyrics for those playing at home:

Hey, hey
Bye bye bye, bye bye
Bye bye

I'm doing this tonight
You're probably gonna start a fight
I know this can't be right
Hey baby come on
I loved you endlessly
When you weren't there for me
So now it's time to leave and make it alone

I know that I can't take no more
It ain't no lie
I want to see you out that door
Baby bye bye bye

Don't want to be a fool for you
Just another player in your game for two
You may hate me but it ain't no lie
Baby bye bye bye
Bye bye

Don't really want to make it tough
I just want to tell you that I've had enough
It might sound crazy but it ain't no lie
Baby bye bye bye

Last edited:
Don't think there will be a big range in scores this week. Most people are fielding 18 "premo's". Rising and falling in the overall rankings could be determined by getting the captain right.

Will be some big swings the following week though.

Yet still people are trading out Neale going for the league win. Steele the replacement of choice. Imagine he stinks it up and drops out of their best 18 lol

1598326164944.png 1598326296059.png

Yet still people are trading out Neale going for the league win. Steele the replacement of choice. Imagine he stinks it up and drops out of their best 18 lol

View attachment 944768View attachment 944772
Neale has Gold Coast, Sydney and Carlton in the final 3 rounds.

Wouldn't want to miss out on 150 points each week in finals.

They stuffed Joe D by playing him and running him into the ground when he was clearly not right. My gut feel is that the will rest him, coming off that ACL, which makes me a tad nervous. Not to make the same mistake again.
HA! Essendon learning from previous list management mistakes?!?!

Either way, if we plan on winning games and trying to make finals, he must play.

Neale has Gold Coast, Sydney and Carlton in the final 3 rounds.

Wouldn't want to miss out on 150 points each week in finals.

Im sure most will roughie him back but as Pincrusher said most are still fielding 18 premos this week regardless. But hey their teams so they can do as they please I dont play for leagues so maybe I would do the same in that situation but looking at my team I still have 18 decent players available despite Laird, Neale and Big O missing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back