Game Day Round 14 Discussion - Melt Appreciation Week

How many players will you have playing AFTER trades

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I get the argument, but that’s the same with any player who’s on the bubble before their Bye round. Trading him in was still a choice. Could have said he looks good but I have too many missing R14 I’ll either have to skip him or pay a bit extra. People paid 190k for RCD getting him a week late. Some paid 223k for Dev Rob.
Agree, it is a choice (and I am in the camp of those who went late on DevRob). Going late on him in this scenario doesn't help me because my cash gen is poor - the extra 80k from going on the bubble may be the difference between getting bottomed out Danger or not if I want to keep enough trades for injuries. This is what I meant by the fixture change having flow on effects and ruining plans. I've already addressed the point re; skipping him earlier.

I'm with you that at the end of the day it's a decision and I'm happy to wear the consequences of the one I made - I just don't make it if there's no fixture change. Obviously each team and situation is different, but I don't think I'm the only one out there

Agree, it is a choice (and I am in the camp of those who went late on DevRob). Going late on him in this scenario doesn't help me because my cash gen is poor - the extra 80k from going on the bubble may be the difference between getting bottomed out Danger or not if I want to keep enough trades for injuries. This is what I meant by the fixture change having flow on effects and ruining plans. I've already addressed the point re; skipping him earlier.

I'm with you that at the end of the day it's a decision and I'm happy to wear the consequences of the one I made - I just don't make it if there's no fixture change. Obviously each team and situation is different, but I don't think I'm the only one out there
Agreed on all that.

Except that I’m not sure I see CCJ as a cash grab. Handy R3/F7 season keeper if he can keep his spot.

Agreed on all that.

Except that I’m not sure I see CCJ as a cash grab. Handy R3/F7 season keeper if he can keep his spot.
I reckon he could be either - depends on where your team is at. It's why I think he was almost impossible to miss

I reckon he could be either - depends on where your team is at. It's why I think he was almost impossible to miss
Yep no doubt he was a must have. I grabbed him literally five minutes after they gave us extra trades. Wouldn’t have gone there otherwise.

May 8, 2006
Location, Location
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, Unlisted
I can get to 18 starters fairly comfortably, although most versions involve bringing in Madden or Briggs which I hadn't been considering before last night (the Waterman effect). Oddly, I'm stuck on whether to bring in Bont and "complete" my team with my 4th trade (also leaving 4 trades remaining). Should be a no brainer but the thought of paying top dollar hurts my brain.

I also had a dream last night that involved many things, including a vintage car that wouldn't start, a LOT of clocks, and a job I thought I had but nobody else seemed to agree this was the case. In one little part of that dream I scored very poorly (in the 1300 range iirc) in this upcoming weekend of footy, and my SC score was printed on a card in the top row of one of those rotating racks you sometimes see with greeting cards, out the front of a shop. And every other slot was filled with LOL cards from other BF posters. Which probably means I have spent far more time on SC this week than is reasonable. There's probably also some subtext in there about self-confidence, but you know, dreams huh?

I can get to 18 starters fairly comfortably, although most versions involve bringing in Madden or Briggs which I hadn't been considering before last night (the Waterman effect). Oddly, I'm stuck on whether to bring in Bont and "complete" my team with my 4th trade (also leaving 4 trades remaining). Should be a no brainer but the thought of paying top dollar hurts my brain.

I also had a dream last night that involved many things, including a vintage car that wouldn't start, a LOT of clocks, and a job I thought I had but nobody else seemed to agree this was the case. In one little part of that dream I scored very poorly (in the 1300 range iirc) in this upcoming weekend of footy, and my SC score was printed on a card in the top row of one of those rotating racks you sometimes see with greeting cards, out the front of a shop. And every other slot was filled with LOL cards from other BF posters. Which probably means I have spent far more time on SC this week than is reasonable. There's probably also some subtext in there about self-confidence, but you know, dreams huh?
Just depends on the person and how you would react to each scenario.

For me..
If I pay $680k for Bont, then he gets tagged and scores 80, then only scores 105 for the next couple weeks, I will be furious
If I don't get Bont and he continues to score 140s, I'll watch in awe at his greatness, be sad I don't have him, but I'll be OK. I definitely won't be as upset if the above scenario happened

You should write down all your dreams and publish a book, would be a best-seller (in the SC community at least)

Also Jiska as I'm considering spending all my cash on Bont, Amartey has suddenly started figuring in my head as a flex with CCJ. Because Waterman to Treacy will be out of reach. Goddamnit.
I really like the look of Amartey. Barely spoken about. Good JS and scores well even without kicking goals. Although I’ve started to lean towards Lynch now.

May 8, 2006
Location, Location
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, Unlisted
Just depends on the person and how you would react to each scenario.

For me..
If I pay $680k for Bont, then he gets tagged and scores 80, then only scores 105 for the next couple weeks, I will be furious
If I don't get Bont and he continues to score 140s, I'll watch in awe at his greatness, be sad I don't have him, but I'll be OK. I definitely won't be as upset if the above scenario happened

You should write down all your dreams and publish a book, would be a best-seller (in the SC community at least)
I think for me, if I pay $680k for Bont and he scores poorly I'll be furious, and if I don't get him and keeps pumping out 140s, I'll be furious. I think it's a lose/lose for me.

Also you don't want to know about most of my dreams. And just like Michael Hibberd, they've only ever once been SC-relevant.

I really like the look of Amartey. Barely spoken about. Good JS and scores well even without kicking goals. Although I’ve started to lean towards Lynch now.
Yeah Lynch looks good but I'd want to see how he goes with Grundy in. That's a fair-sized unknown.

15 players on field and I see this...
Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 12.49.24 pm.png

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Everyone else getting individual pop ups from the app telling you each player that isn’t playing. I bloody know, don’t keep reminding me.
The Colonel can suck my gibblets :moustache:

Did you make a commitment a few weeks ago to focus on the round 14 bye for the weekly? If so, all the power to you mate, love it.

If I was having a bad season and I knew round 14 would suck for most, I would have traded all my round 14 bye premos and got a loaded team for this week.

Good luck!

Pay the $20 for SC Gold, might win $2000 instead of $1000, worth it imo

May 7, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
49érs, SF Giants, GS Warriors
Decided to play it safe this week and will only have 17 playing this week

Better off conserving trades for the carnage at the end of the year.

Projected to score 1928 with 17 players but like that is going to happen.

1623986972335.png

Nov 5, 2014
Wherever I leave my hat
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Did you make a commitment a few weeks ago to focus on the round 14 bye for the weekly? If so, all the power to you mate, love it.

If I was having a bad season and I knew round 14 would suck for most, I would have traded all my round 14 bye premos and got a loaded team for this week.

Good luck!

Pay the $20 for SC Gold, might win $2000 instead of $1000, worth it imo
stevebbb thanks for the kind words. Yes that is exactly what I did. I’d be happy with top 100 for bragging rights.

Last edited:
I’m quite amazed so many only have 12,13,14 this week. I’m yet to see a team with 4,5 or 6 WCE/Rich players in them so the game switch hasn’t hurt them, it’s inadequate planning for the Byes
How do you plan a Zorko suspension, Reeves injury and late mail on reversing that trade or Waterman injury that NOBODY knew about? Those hurt me more than the Richmond/WCE switch. Would’ve comfortably had 15/16 available prior to trades.

FARQ THE BYES

Last edited:
will be very comical if Newcombe is out for some unreported injury.
Funnily enough all interchange players except for Bramble have been named for Box Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back