Preview Round 14 - Geelong vs its mental demons (a.k.a. The post-bye) and also Port, Saturday 22 June @ 7:40pm @ AO

Will Geelong win post-bye?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that makes Menegola a walk up start. Especially after coming off knee surgery. He will have to go through the twos.
I dunno, usually players go through the VFL for fitness purposes so depends on his fitness. Clark is great and a future star of the team but his midfield work has let him down at times this year. Perfectly reasonable for a first year player mind you.

Very literal Crockar. After the bye means any week after the bye, not necessarily Port, and in reality, NOT Port.
He said the game after the bye but I didn't hear the interview last week which suggested his recovery was slower than expected.

In: Fogarty

Out: Tuohy/Clark

No he isn't. He is playing for some of the tightest spots on the list. He doesn't just swap out someone in a completely different position because he is Sam Menegola.
Clark's been playing midfield and underperforming. Menegola takes his spot without the need to blink.

Q How often has this team lost after the bye
A Never
How often has this organization and a Chris Scott team lost after the bye?
Many times! Sorry he only gets off the hook if we win after the bye. Remember we will most likely have 2 byes at the end of the year . Just need to get it right!

How often has this organization and a Chris Scott team lost after the bye?
Many times!

Logically completely and utterly irrelevant to this match.

Sorry he only gets off the hook if we win after the bye. Remember we will most likely have 2 byes at the end of the year . Just need to get it right!

You are free to set up any "hooks" you like, and to set your own criteria for people getting on and off them.
As you have done.

Wines and Dixon to return to the flaky Port when we play them. Full strength Port (assuming no injuries this week) will be an excellent intro test for our second half 19.
Although we are effectively faultless so far this year, think I'm still going for Port.

Wines and Dixon to return to the flaky Port when we play them. Full strength Port (assuming no injuries this week) will be an excellent intro test for our second half 19.
Although we are effectively faultless so far this year, think I'm still going for Port.
Dunno Dubs. Dixon is good but always seems rusty even in form. Not sure how he'll go first up.
Wines has been poor this year too. They're still playing Motlop too.

Given the re-occurrence of minor hamstring strains becoming long lay offs (Cockatoo and S Selwood in 2017) and Narkle this year, they simply cannot make that mistake again with Esava. He won’t play.

In: Smith.

I would like to see Krueger and Fogarty in but can’t see a logical change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He said the game after the bye but I didn't hear the interview last week which suggested his recovery was slower than expected.

In: Fogarty

Out: Tuohy/Clark

I’d like to see Fogarty get a run in the AFL soon. Maybe to give Clark a break or maybe Gary a week off. Doubt many of us would have thought that he would have only missed the one match up until now. We need him fresh in September

I’d like to see Fogarty get a run in the AFL soon. Maybe to give Clark a break or maybe Gary a week off. Doubt many of us would have thought that he would have only missed the one match up until now. We need him fresh in September
I'm rather looking forward to seeing a repeat of that piece of Ablett-Dangerfield footy genius as often as possible.
Or similar.
Preferably every week, and twice on Sundays.

I'm rather looking forward to seeing a repeat of that piece of Ablett-Dangerfield footy genius as often as possible.
Or similar.
Preferably every week, and twice on Sundays.

I’d like to see it for three games in September preferably. If that means missing out on the pairing a few times during the home and away then I can cop that. I honestly reckon I’ll have tears if I watch Gary turn it on just one more time in the finals.

Given the re-occurrence of minor hamstring strains becoming long lay offs (Cockatoo and S Selwood in 2017) and Narkle this year, they simply cannot make that mistake again with Esava. He won’t play.

In: Smith.

I would like to see Krueger and Fogarty in but can’t see a logical change.

Don't mind seeing Smith play as our main ruck when Stanley is out, but it seems pointless to bring him in as a forward/relief ruck. Buzza, Abbott, Fort all much better suited to filling in for Sav imo.

Don't mind seeing Smith play as our main ruck when Stanley is out, but it seems pointless to bring him in as a forward/relief ruck. Buzza, Abbott, Fort all much better suited to filling in for Sav imo.
Stanley and Smith can adequately share the ruck/KF spot that Sav has been holding down, for a week or 2.

Well .....knock me down with a feather....

I’d like to see it for three games in September preferably. If that means missing out on the pairing a few times during the home and away then I can cop that. I honestly reckon I’ll have tears if I watch Gary turn it on just one more time in the finals.

I had a dream last night he kicked 5 and won Norm in a GF v Coll. Not sure if it was this year though..

Stanley and Smith can adequately share the ruck/KF spot that Sav has been holding down, for a week or 2.
Only if Stanley plays the part time forward role, which is a waste of our best ruck.

Smith can dominate a forwardline in the VFL but he looks a mixture of lost and haphazard at AFL level.

Have you tipped us at all this year, Dubs?

Dunno Dubs. Dixon is good but always seems rusty even in form. Not sure how he'll go first up.
Wines has been poor this year too. They're still playing Motlop too.

In regards to Motlop, would love us to play Clark on him and tell the kid to run off him at every opportunity, as we all know what Motlop's like defensively.

Why ???

I dont get to watch the VFL side - but i do read the match report/summary that a couple of supporters ( and much appreciated ) post

2 weeks ago i read that he had 7 possessions and put in an absolute shocker - so unless last week against Richmond in the VFL - he did a Peter Featherby and had 51 possessions and kicked 4 goals - then Fogarty should be no where near senior selection .

Why ???

I dont get to watch the VFL side - but i do read the match report/summary that a couple of supporters ( and much appreciated ) post

2 weeks ago i read that he had 7 possessions and put in an absolute shocker - so unless last week against Richmond in the VFL - he did a Peter Featherby and had 51 possessions and kicked 4 goals - then Fogarty should be no where near senior selection .

The game a fortnight ago I believe was in appalling conditions.

I think it's important we have a bank of a few players that can come in an equip themselves adequately if we get injuries in September. Whilst you don't necessarily need to gift players games, we are in a position now to rest Ablett or Dangerfield or Miers or Clark every now and again in order to achieve this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back