Preview Round 14 - Geelong vs its mental demons (a.k.a. The post-bye) and also Port, Saturday 22 June @ 7:40pm @ AO

Will Geelong win post-bye?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the re-occurrence of minor hamstring strains becoming long lay offs (Cockatoo and S Selwood in 2017) and Narkle this year, they simply cannot make that mistake again with Esava. He won’t play.

In: Smith.

I would like to see Krueger and Fogarty in but can’t see a logical change.

Stanley and Smith can adequately share the ruck/KF spot that Sav has been holding down, for a week or 2.

My feelings exactly. :thumbsu:

The game a fortnight ago I believe was in appalling conditions.

I think it's important we have a bank of a few players that can come in an equip themselves adequately if we get injuries in September. Whilst you don't necessarily need to gift players games, we are in a position now to rest Ablett or Dangerfield or Miers or Clark every now and again in order to achieve this.

whilst i agree with this, we are coming off a week off already. win these next two games and then we are almost guaranteed to finish top two and can then rotate guys through for one week rests for the remainder of the season.

whilst i agree with this, we are coming off a week off already. win these next two games and then we are almost guaranteed to finish top two and can then rotate guys through for one week rests for the remainder of the season.

That's what I'm talking about. Not necessarily bringing Fogarty in for this match but over the next month.

Dunno Dubs. Dixon is good but always seems rusty even in form. Not sure how he'll go first up.
Wines has been poor this year too. They're still playing Motlop too.
The speed of the game is ridiculous. I watched Lever, who is a highly talented player, look completely lost on Monday. It doesnt matter how good you are, it takes time to get back into the swing of things.

Also, would they want two players returning from injury to come back for a match, where they will likely blow up by the last quarter?

Only if Stanley plays the part time forward role, which is a waste of our best ruck.

Smith can dominate a forwardline in the VFL but he looks a mixture of lost and haphazard at AFL level.
Based on a very limited number of AFL games over the past 2 seasons, true?
We are different, so is he.

We should beat Port because we are a better team however the post bye factor will make us all a bit noivous. Comon Geelong.

Living in Adelaide, I only get to one or two games a year max (as I haven't been able to get to all the Cats games here over the past few years). We've traveled over to Vic a couple of times for games over the last couple of years as well, notably last year's game in Geelong against the Demons and this year's Easter Monday's clash at the G against the Hawks. Through some twist, that I'm loving, I've never been to a game where the Cats have lost. I thoroughly enjoyed being at Adelaide Oval to see us beat the Crows earlier this year too. So it seems I'm some sort of good luck charm! At least I like to think so ;)

And I'm going to the game against Port.

Cats by 40+, with me hoarse by the end of the 3rd quarter.

Last edited:
Through some twist, that I'm loving, I've never been to a game where the Cats have lost. I thoroughly enjoyed being at Adelaide Oval to see us beat the Crows earlier this year too. So it seems I'm some sort of good luck charm! At least I like to think so ;)

And I'm going to the game against Port.

Cats by 40+, with me hoarse by the end of the 3rd quarter.

Give this man a GF ticket....

Port will regain Dixon and Wines, so will likely have their strongest lineup of the season.

Good. Better to test themselves against full strength (or near to) sides.

The Cat's have "broken" one or two hoodoos this year - games against supposedly "weaker" opposition, and MCG games amongst them. Why not the post-bye hoodoo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clark's been playing midfield and underperforming. Menegola takes his spot without the need to blink.

Underperforming?

If he was he would not be playing.

I suspect he is playing as well as they need him to.

As for Menegola - totally different player anyways. Menegola has endurance and Clark has speed (and the most obvious example).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back