Autopsy Round 14: Hawks fall in a hole v Bombres

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do people think we are in line for pick 3? We win against Adelaide and we will probably get pick 5. Sydney have to win at least 1 and maybe 2 games for us to get pick 3.

View attachment 947490
We’ll lose to Adelaide.

North will scrap a win that no one saw coming. Guaranteed.

Swans are putting on a hard tank, but they’ll win another game.

$500 fine
I just read. What a ******* joke.

What kind of disincentive is that?

Whatever happened to 'potential to cause injury'?

You can go the flying trip, and if he doesn't break a leg, you'll be fine. If he breaks a leg, you'll get weeks.

It's like a law where you are allowed to shoot at people. If you hit them, it's a crime. If you miss, it's ok.

This system is a ******* joke. Just a ******* joke

Last edited:
For an action that we have not really seen in the game before and dont want to see again ever, that is a really pissweak decision. Send Lynch to the tribunal for a chest push but a deliberate sweeping kick which has a link to the slide rule which was a hardline stance resulting in a rule change gets very little exposure and a fine. new low.

Feb 6, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn

You can go the flying trip, and if he doesn't break a leg, you'll be fine. If he breaks a leg, you'll get weeks.

It's like a law where you are allowed to shoot at people. If you hit therm, it's a crime. If you miss, it's ok.

I know concussion is very serious but seeing the players with broken legs is by far the most disturbing thing to see. I still remember seeing Nathan Brown break his leg.

AFL needs to come down hard on these types of actions. If Michael Christian doesn't believe that the guidelines are giving the right result he should go straight to the tribunal. FFS someone takes a dive and its straight to the tribunal but someone could break someones leg and it is carry on.

smeltitdeltit

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn

It's like a law where you are allowed to shoot at people. If you hit therm, it's a crime. If you miss, it's ok.

Guess which action was a suspension and which was a fine:

or

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We’ll lose to Adelaide.

North will scrap a win that no one saw coming. Guaranteed.

Swans are putting on a hard tank, but they’ll win another game.
I can't see us or the Swans winning another game. North might beat Freo on the GC. Percentage is very tight between all 3

They're 0-13. If we are truly that bad, it's a line in the sand moment for the club.
Mate, our bad is ******* deplorable. I thought we worked this out about 2 months ago.

Although, I do note that the people talking about how ******* s**t we are have always managed to convince themselves that we’re a real chance by the time the next game rolls around.

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
$500, LOL. I'd get fined more than that for driving to Richmond

Still, better than nothing which I was half expecting.

Sliding tackles. Have at it folks!
We've come a long way since "attempted striking".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
This whole season is enough justification for the Sheedy comparison to start. Let's see what he does at the end of the year to help progress the list moving forward. But it's undeniable that there's a Sheedy-like whiff ATM.

‘if that’s your justification of similarities, it’s pathetic

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
For an action that we have not really seen in the game before and dont want to see again ever, that is a really pissweak decision. Send Lynch to the tribunal for a chest push but a deliberate sweeping kick which has a link to the slide rule which was a hardline stance resulting in a rule change gets very little exposure and a fine. new low.
Was it muscle memory? Can we boo him now?

Can we close this thread? I don't want to ever remember what happened in this 2nd half. Trying to erase it from my memory as we speak.

In about 3-4 years time, we’ll look back on this loss and laugh. It could end up being the difference in getting the player that we want in the draft.

Anyone else think the clarko spray in front of the cameras is so uncharacteristic that it was an act?
No I think he genuinely wanted players set up in specific positions at the stoppage and we weren’t getting it right.

Falco131415

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Here's one for all you conspiracy theorists'.
Bet you a Monty that the RD.18 Swans game will be scheduled after our match.
This is assuming there is still a bye before the finals. If there isn't I cant see that they would have the Cats v Swans game before ours. ( Geelong finishing high up the ladder surely want the longest rest.)
if there is a pre-finals bye & it will be inconsequential re: day breaks between games, you watch our game v GCS will be before the Swans V Cats.
Why you may be thinking? with our % being so close & if we're on the same wins. the AFL will give Sydney the opportunity to "manage"- (huge air quotes to follow) players etc to get the result that best suits them.
In broad speak they will manufacture that the Swans will get pick 3 at the minimum.
The worst possible result would be North winning another game, they will definitely finish 17th Sydney.
Add the possibility of Adelaide's comp. for Crouch & then Sydney being gifted another 1st rounder - NGA. We'll get pushed all the way to pick 6.
Interesting times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back