Preview Round 14: Hawthorne vs Essendon, Adelaide Oval, Thursday 27/08/2020 @ 4:40 AEST

Who shall have more points by full time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2018
Shanghai
AFL Club
Essendon
We have two defenders to come back into the side in Hooker and McKenna so I suspect he'll either move into an inside midfield role in place of Clarke or an outside midfield/forward role in place of Ham, who are the two players most likely to be dropped for McKenna.
Clarke dropped? ☹️

Clarke dropped? ☹
It's a possibility. I think he should stay in but if Daniher, Hooker and McKenna all come in you either:

1. Drop one of Gleeson, Redman or Guelfi from defence and play him back, all of whom had great games on the weekend
2. Drop a midfielder and push either Guelfi onto a wing if he plays back or push Snelling more permanently onto a wing if he plays forward
3. Drop a forward and play him forward.

Our midfield was quite comfortably our weakest area against Richmond, so option 2 seems like the most likely IMO

Stratton and Burgoyne are cooked Impey is meh
Thought Impey was one of their better players last season ...lots of run. Not long back from serious injury. Burgoyne still has some tricks.. but yeah Stratton been done for couple of years now

B4dg3r

Team Captain
Jun 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
My only question is who goes in the ruck when Phillips has a rest?
Has to be Stewart or maybe follow Richmond’s lead and use Langford (we have previously). Use Joey and I’ll all but assume he’s gone seasons end cause no surer way to end his career than getting him to play ruck with zero preparation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back