Preview Round 14: Hawthorne vs Essendon, Adelaide Oval, Thursday 27/08/2020 @ 4:40 AEST

Who shall have more points by full time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How have any of you not learned not to get into discussions with Ethan in regards to rucks? Never seen someone have so many bad takes when it comes to one position on the ground.

Patton and Bellchambers might be the only two players in the AFL less mobile than Hooker. Can't wait to see Hooker burning Patton at ground level with a slow-side step and jog away!

McKernan would probably have been a decent AFL ruckman if he was 10cm taller, the problem is that against genuine ruck height players he gives away too many frees trying to compete above his size. If he'd played in the same era as his brother he'd have been fine, but without the leap of a Ryder or Natanui it's pretty tough giving away 5 - 10cm on a opposition ruckman. If he was a bit smarter and able to avoid the free kicks whilst nullifying the opposition ruckman from giving away an easy clearance, his mobility at ground level would make him a solid AFL level ruckman.
That's why I feel that had we had a decent run with injuries, he'd have been a pretty important cog. Play him forward for the majority against teams with the solo gorillas and use him in the middle against the likes of your Sinclairs, Stanley's etc. Rotating as the second forward, I think he'd be highly effective.

Patton and Bellchambers might be the only two players in the AFL less mobile than Hooker. Can't wait to see Hooker burning Patton at ground level with a slow-side step and jog away!
Just realised they are playing two rucks....sadly we may be denied this opportunity as Hooker might have to take the resting ruck with Hurley sliding over to Patton.

What a glorious sight it would have been....

That's why I feel that had we had a decent run with injuries, he'd have been a pretty important cog. Play him forward for the majority against teams with the solo gorillas and use him in the middle against the likes of your Sinclairs, Stanley's etc. Rotating as the second forward, I think he'd be highly effective.

I think his best spot is that FWD / RUC that many teams want, he needs a genuine A grade KPF alongside him still as he can't work through a double team. He's a better ruckman than most teams second option along with being mobile and good overhead. He's just not someone we should be relying on to anchor a forwardline (nor is Stewart) and we've seen that this year.

Will be interesting to see crowd numbers. Early weekday start would suggest it will be very low but I reckon we'll get the bulk of the support.

Add Stringer to that and you're hard pressed to find another forward line in the game with the potential to generate such excitement.
A fit Orazio on top of that...

I think his best spot is that FWD / RUC that many teams want, he needs a genuine A grade KPF alongside him still as he can't work through a double team. He's a better ruckman than most teams second option along with being mobile and good overhead. He's just not someone we should be relying on to anchor a forwardline (nor is Stewart) and we've seen that this year.
Exactly. And with Daniher and Stringer in the forward line, I think he'd be good for a goal and a half per game. 30 odd goals in a season give or take. He's only 29 so I reckon he still has value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back