Preview Round 14: Hawthorne vs Essendon, York Park, Sunday 20/06/2021 @ 3:20 PM AEST

Whomst dost thou thinketh will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we persist with Hind as a high half-forward in this one? Or was that just a West Coast thing. I thought he was pretty good.

Thought he was excellent as well but I don’t think we really have anyone who can replace him off the HBF as Guelfi didn’t look good there at all and doesn’t provide much run at all even if he did play better.

So it seems like Smith and Wright will likely be named on the extended bench tomorrow night, and if they don't get up they'll be replaced on the emergencies

If Wright doesn't get up, can we get away with running Draper and Phillips in the same team?

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would depend on how many minutes they’re expecting Draper to be able to play. I’d lean towards playing both of them, would be a very short side if it was Draper only. Otherwise you’re probably rucking Cox

I expect to see at least one of our dedicated Tasmanian members streaking at some point during the game.
In addition, public health have now decided that a majority of standing room tickets will be made available tomorrow but no alcohol will be allowed for those people.

That didn't take them long... Someone managing York Park must be reading BigFooty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wright sounds like possibly being another week away.

I think it’s either
- Phillips and Draper (like the first game back last year from his ACL when he split almost 50-50 with Bellchambers), or
- Draper and Wright, with Draper doing most of the ruck work and Wright and or Cox chopping out.

The combination depends almost entirely on how fit Wright is and what the danger of reinjuring his calf is if he plays ruck. Draper should be in either way.

Would be nice for Phillips to play in Tassie but who knows, Truck doesn’t seem particularly romantic.

Wright sounds like possibly being another week away.

I think it’s either
- Phillips and Draper (like the first game back last year from his ACL when he split almost 50-50 with Bellchambers), or
- Draper and Wright, with Draper doing most of the ruck work and Wright and or Cox chopping out.

The combination depends almost entirely on how fit Wright is and what the danger of reinjuring his calf is if he plays ruck. Draper should be in either way.

Would be nice for Phillips to play in Tassie but who knows, Truck doesn’t seem particularly romantic.
Could we do Draper and Bryan?

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hawthorn official Facebook page talking about playing the 3 big talls - McEvoy, Ceglar and Reeves.
Ceglar forward
McEvoy CHB
Reeves ruck

it's ugly for them

no way I would play Draper one out in the ruck against the seasoned McEvoy & Ceglar who would relish jumping into and testing him...especially after over 2 and a half months since playing senior footy...If 2MP doesnt get up then Phillips has to play and Draper will get limited minutes. Not adverse to bringing in Reid but dont think it will happen for this game and Stewart has been OK. I know Ambrose was ordinary when he came on as SUB last week but would like to see him get a couple of full games under his belt before passing judgement - feel like he still has something to offer. We might line up like this;-

Ridley Stewart Laverde
Heppell Francis Hind
Ham Parish Cox
Perkins Stringer Smith
Waterman Hooker Tippa

Phillips Langford Merrett

Bench: Redman Guelfi Ambrose Draper
SUB: Jones

no way I would play Draper one out in the ruck against the seasoned McEvoy & Ceglar who would relish jumping into and testing him...especially after over 2 and a half months since playing senior footy...If 2MP doesnt get up then Phillips has to play and Draper will get limited minutes. Not adverse to bringing in Reid but dont think it will happen for this game and Stewart has been OK. I know Ambrose was ordinary when he came on as SUB last week but would like to see him get a couple of full games under his belt before passing judgement - feel like he still has something to offer. We might line up like this;-

Ridley Stewart Laverde
Heppell Francis Hind
Ham Parish Cox
Perkins Stringer Smith
Waterman Hooker Tippa

Phillips Langford Merrett

Bench: Redman Guelfi Ambrose Draper
SUB: Jones
Agree if Wright doesn't get up, leave Phillips in. Disagree with bringing in Ambrose for Harry Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back