Preview Round 14: Hawthorne vs Essendon, York Park, Sunday 20/06/2021 @ 3:20 PM AEST

Whomst dost thou thinketh will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the team I’d run with personally.
Draper needs help in his first game back so Phillips stays in. Can’t risk further injury.
Would like to see how Zerk and Reid work together as well. Hawthorn don’t have dominating key Forwards so I’d give it a go.

With question marks over the future of Mosquito, it’s imperative we give Cahill a go and see what he’s got. Guelfi the sub. Cox, Perkins, Ham and Smith with increased minutes through the middle and wing.

Thoughts?

B J.Laverde B.Zerk-Thatcher N.Hind
HB J.Ridley Z.Reid M.Redman
C T.Cutler D.Parish B.Ham
HF J.Stringer H.Jones D.Smith
F A.Tipungwutti C.Hooker N.Cahill
FOLL: S.Draper K.Langford Z.Merrett
INTER: D.Heppell, A.Phillips, N.Cox, A.Perkins
Sub: M.Guelfi
Emergency: S.Durham, P.Wright, J.Stewart
If Wright is fit he’ll play.

This is the team I’d run with personally.
Draper needs help in his first game back so Phillips stays in. Can’t risk further injury.
Would like to see how Zerk and Reid work together as well. Hawthorn don’t have dominating key Forwards so I’d give it a go.

With question marks over the future of Mosquito, it’s imperative we give Cahill a go and see what he’s got. Guelfi the sub. Cox, Perkins, Ham and Smith with increased minutes through the middle and wing.

Thoughts?

B J.Laverde B.Zerk-Thatcher N.Hind
HB J.Ridley Z.Reid M.Redman
C T.Cutler D.Parish B.Ham
HF J.Stringer H.Jones D.Smith
F A.Tipungwutti C.Hooker N.Cahill
FOLL: S.Draper K.Langford Z.Merrett
INTER: D.Heppell, A.Phillips, N.Cox, A.Perkins
Sub: M.Guelfi
Emergency: S.Durham, P.Wright, J.Stewart

Surely Cutler doesn't get a game he may be good at VFL level but should not be getting a game. just pick our best side available and beat these pricks I hate Hawthorn with a passion..!!!

Surely Cutler doesn't get a game he may be good at VFL level but should not be getting a game. just pick our best side available and beat these pricks I hate Hawthorn with a passion..!!!

We have a lot of injuries right now. Exactly the kind of time Cutler comes in.

Shiel, Caldwell, McGrath all out of the midfield, with Clarke, Zaharakis and Snelling also out as possible support in there, or on the outside.

Cutler isn't a world beater, but he IS a mature AFL ready player that was doing what he needed to do at VFL level. So right now, he's in our best available side.

Problem is our midfield has taken an absolute hammering. McGrath, Shiel, Caldwell, Zaharakis, Clarke and Snelling are all injured. Devon Smith has just come back from injury. Bringing in cutler let’s Langford play inside.

Cutler isn’t that bad he’s just extremely soft.
He played some decent footy with the Lions in 2017/18 across half back and on the wing. I’d rather play him over Gleeson. His form has been pretty good in the VFL before his injury and he’s the next man in.

Hopefully we can see Durham, Hird and Johnson later in the year.

Feel for Ambrose. Get's a game with good form (as the sub) then gets dropped, even though there are injuries to others. Poor bastard gets screwed.
Played nearly the three quarters though and barely got near it. Different game different needs. Draper back, Wright maybe

Joking?

Cutler is weak as butter
He will tear the Hawkes a new one. Beast mode enacted.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is genuinely the first time I’ve seen that.

If you’re named on field for Sunday games, you play. That’s the way it’s been for as long as I can remember…

Strong ins. Very happy.

I honestly really love our changes. Really hope Cahill can tear it up as a pressure forward.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cahill has been playing as a full time mid in the magoos. He can be a bit of a crafty forward at times, but he's too slow to be a proper pressure forward unless his positioning is ridiculously good like Snelling.

Strong ins. Very happy.

Cahill has been playing as a full time mid in the magoos. He can be a bit of a crafty forward at times, but he's too slow to be a proper pressure forward unless his positioning is ridiculously good like Snelling.
He'll rotate through that fourth midfield slot with Smith and Perkins and play forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back