Preview Round 14 - North Melbourne vs Brisbane Lions @ Bellerive Oval - Saturday 19/6/2021 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and that goalkicking competition now exists, so go pick someone to kick at least 6 of those 105.6 points

Note: 6 behinds does not count
Please note, I messed up the poll the first time, and I've had to reset it entirely: everyone will need to vote again

Matho and Madden in I assume? Think Fages pretty set with Birchall, I would be happy for us try other combinations just not sure it going to happen.

I agree Matho and Madden. when Payne is ready probably Payne for Birchall and keep Madden.
Before someone says Answerth might not be for a while
"Fellow defender Noah Answerth also faces a stint on the sidelines and will consult a surgeon this week due to ongoing groin soreness."
and Lester 4 weeks

Matho and Madden in I assume? Think Fages pretty set with Birchall, I would be happy for us try other combinations just not sure it going to happen.
I would've thought Berry junior is the better swap for Zorko. Can play a similar role and has a good burst of speed.

Matho seems slow for me. Slow at making decisions and not quick overall.

I guess we assume there's no hope of Birchall missing now that it's in Tassie.

I see there are plenty of calls to move him on but I just keep harking back to that final against Richmond last year where he really lifted his level and was crucial in the last half.
I don't think because he had a good half last year means he gets all these chances during the H&A season. I feel like in every game l see him he has a shocker of a disposal which cost us or nearly costs us a goal or his opponent burns him. I feel like his pros don't outweigh the cons he gives us

I would've thought Berry junior is the better swap for Zorko. Can play a similar role and has a good burst of speed.

Matho seems slow for me. Slow at making decisions and not quick overall.
Yeah not a bad call with the pace thing, just thinking Matho been smashing it in the 2’s and solid in the 1sts. Would be very stiff to miss out.

I don't think because he had a good half last year means he gets all these chances during the H&A season. I feel like in every game l see him he has a shocker of a disposal which cost us or nearly costs us a goal or his opponent burns him. I feel like his pros don't outweigh the cons he gives us
He's been good in most of the games.

People love to focus on the mistakes he makes, which to be fair are rare , and overlook the mistakes of others.

Seems like he's in the gun with many supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's a footy forum, but geez, people sooking about our game being moved to Tassie is pretty average.

A bit of perspective wouldn't hurt. A lot of people are doing it really tough in Melbourne. People are losing jobs and homes. Lots of businesses are going under.

yep and we know how important footy is to people and to those of us who are struggling through COVID with all the things you have mentioned. Going to the footy when all of those others things you mentioned are crap around you or your family gives an outlet during these difficulties. Footy has been and will always be an opportunity to put aside other things - often life and death things - and just forget for 3 hours. If that’s seen as ‘sooking” then so be it.
not blaming anyone re this - just sick of COVID in Melbourne.

Last edited:
yep and we know how important footy is to people and to those of us who are struggling through COVID with all the things you have mentioned. Going to the footy when all of those others things you mentioned are crap around you or your family gives an outlet during these difficulties. Footy has been and will always be an opportunity to put aside other things - often life and death things - and just forget for 3 hours. If that’s seen as ‘smoking” then so be it.
The big point is, even if the game was in Melbourne, there wouldn’t have been a crowd anyway.

I don’t see you being shafted because the location has changed.

Serious lmao at people complaining here and on Twitter about the fixture. What did you expect?

This game was moved 3 weeks ago basically, and is entirely out of the clubs hands.

The self entitled ones coming out demanding an apology from the club. Pathetic.

Lockie its the Vic government saying no crowds, not the AFL.
I heard tonight that Geelong has not had any COVID cases for many months (apparently over 6 months), yet the Vic Govt won't let a regional city who are hosting 2nd v 3rd have any spectators. On balanced media reporting, IMO it would appear the Vic govt have little faith in their contract tracing or their hospital system and the mostly good people of Victoria and particularly Melbourne are subjected to draconian restrictions.

Agree, just think it will take a few poorer games before Fages moves Birchall on. So expect Birch to look good this week against a team running a clear last. According to the stats; last year and this year of the 7 or 8 consistent backs, Birchall spends the least amount of time on the ground. I would be playing Madden and even though might be underdone I think Payne would get more out of playing an AFL match first up against Nth then the VFL.

The big point is, even if the game was in Melbourne, there wouldn’t have been a crowd anyway.

I don’t see you being shafted because the location has changed.

the most recent info was that crowds would be perhaps 50% - so there was still the belief by myself and other supporters of Melbourne clubs, and the media that spoke across various radio stations today - 3aw, Sen, that games in Melbourne this weekend would likely have reduced crowds, so up until the announcement was made this evening there had been no official decision on crowds not being at the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back