VFL Round 14 - Richmond vs Collingwood at Punt Road Oval (Pies WON 104-102!)

Remove this Banner Ad

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
When and Where:
10:20am this Sunday at Tigerland.

Broadcast:
Video - Streaming LIVE on the VFL website and on YouTube from 10:15am, full replay available Sunday evening.

Radio - Streaming LIVE on VFL Radio (at this link), on digital radio SEN 2 and through the Red Time Sport iPhone app from 10:15am.

Internet - Score updates at Nick's Bulletin Board, via FlashScore, through the VFL website and on Twitter at @VFLPies, game chat in this thread.

Team:
B: 40. J. Smith, 41. H. Schade, 12. M. Scharenberg
HB: 21. T. Phillips, 35. S. McLarty, 31. J. Ramsay
C: 14. J. Aish, 2. J. De Goey, 16. C. Mayne
HF: 11. J. Blair, 23. L. Keeffe, 17. C. Brown
F: 19. L. Greenwood, 46. M. Cox, 26. J. Daicos
R: 9. J. White, 29. T. Broomhead, 13. T. Adams
Int: 45. M. Lynch, 27. K. Kirby, 44. L. Mackie, 57. A. Close, 55. R. Pendlebury, 63. M. Hore, 48. L. Tardrew, 67. M. Smith, 47. G. Borthwick, 64. C. Lane, 66. D. Hinkley, 53. J. Hellier
23P: 58. K. Beveridge

Admission:
- Adult: $10
- Concession/Pensioner/Collingwood Members: $5
- Children 15 & under: Free!

Where They Sit:
Richmond: 4th (8 wins, 5 losses, 1 bye, 138.50%)
Collingwood: 11th (5 wins, 7 losses, 2 byes, 86.73%)

Last Time They Met:
Round 12, 2016 at Victoria Park
Collingwood 14.12.96, def
Richmond 10.10.70

Head to Head:
Played: 5
Richmond: 0
Collingwood: 5

How They Fared Last Week:
Collingwood 10.10.70, def by
Williamstown 20.10.130

Werribee 9.7.61, def by
Richmond 25.13.163

Note:
- This match will serve as a warm-up act prior to the senior side's encounter with West Coast at Docklands Stadium at 3:20pm. The VFL game should finish at approximately 1:00pm, giving fans wishing to attend both games well in excess of two hours to get between venues.

Milestone:
Ryan Pendlebury - 50 games

Over to you...

Last edited:

Mark me down for 5 goals against the old team and a debut the following week against the Crows. :thumbsu:

We'll hold you to that.

Make sure you share your inside knowledge about the ground with the others, so that we can best navigate the intricacies of Punt Road and spread the goal kicking love...

The team, with senior extended bench named for the time being, as is standard procedure...

VFL Round 14
Richmond v Collingwood
Sunday 23 July, 2017
Punt Road Oval, 10.20am

B: Matt Scharenberg, Henry Schade, Josh Smith
HB: Tom Phillips, Sam McLarty, Jackson Ramsay
C: Chris Mayne, Jordan De Goey, James Aish
HF: Callum Brown, Lachlan Keeffe, Jarryd Blair
F: Levi Greenwood, Mason Cox, Josh Daicos
Foll: Jesse White, Tim Broomhead, Taylor Adams
Int (from): Kayle Kirby, Liam Mackie, Max Lynch, Gus Borthwick, Lachlan Tardrew, Jack Hellier, Ryan Pendlebury, Ash Close, Kye Beveridge, Marty Hore, Campbell Lane, Dale Hinkley, Matt Smith

Congratulations Ryan Pendlebury on being named for game #50. Scott, as it turns out, actually has this weekend free to watch...;)

Josh Smith returns from carry-over duties, while James Aish has been named at this stage after being taken from the game with concussion in the first half last week...

The team, with senior extended bench named for the time being, as is standard procedure...

VFL Round 14
Richmond v Collingwood
Sunday 23 July, 2017
Punt Road Oval, 10.20am

B: Matt Scharenberg, Henry Schade, Josh Smith
HB: Tom Phillips, Sam McLarty, Jackson Ramsay
C: Chris Mayne, Jordan De Goey, James Aish
HF: Callum Brown, Lachlan Keeffe, Jarryd Blair
F: Levi Greenwood, Mason Cox, Josh Daicos
Foll: Jesse White, Tim Broomhead, Taylor Adams
Int (from): Kayle Kirby, Liam Mackie, Max Lynch, Gus Borthwick, Lachlan Tardrew, Jack Hellier, Ryan Pendlebury, Ash Close, Kye Beveridge, Marty Hore, Campbell Lane, Dale Hinkley, Matt Smith

Congratulations Ryan Pendlebury on being named for game #50. Scott, as it turns out, actually has this weekend free to watch...;)

Josh Smith returns from carry-over duties, while James Aish has been named at this stage after being taken from the game with concussion in the first half last week...

Beveridge as the 23rd or has he reached his quota?

Beveridge as the 23rd or has he reached his quota?

The quota is still 3 games, as far as I am aware. Which is odd, because Beveridge has played all of his four games this year as a 23rd man, against Sandringham, Footscray, Geelong and Williamstown. So that means he should not only have reached his quota, but also be in breach of it.

The running 23rd man game count so far this year...

4 - Beveridge, Lane
2 - Tardrew
1 - La Fontaine, I. Wallace

The rule, for those who may not be aware, is that you can play a 23rd player in your team providing that that player is either a first or second year VFL listed player who has never been on a VFL list previously and 20 years of age or younger, or a TAC Cup player from your aligned TAC Cup club (for us, Oakleigh Chargers), or a designated AFL Indigenous/Multicultural Academy player or (with AFL clearance) a draft year Father/Son player. That 23rd player is also only allowed to play 80% of total match time, which makes things a little more inconvenient for the bench stewards...

Leaving aside whether or not Beveridge (and for that matter, Lane) have breached their quotas or still have games in hand under a revised quota, Tardrew is still eligible for at least another game. So, in that side, he could be the one who gets the asterisk.

I'd give you a simpler answer on who is 23rd this week, but AFL Victoria have not put that information into simple text form on their website and the match centre won't tell me either. Nor, for that matter, will the club in its posting of the team...

Last edited:
The official team sheet from the VFL website, showing that Beveridge will play his fifth game as 23rd player for the year (CC jackcass)...

Collingwood

Int: 45. M. Lynch, 27. K. Kirby, 44. L. Mackie, 57. A. Close, 55. R. Pendlebury, 63. M. Hore, 48. L. Tardrew, 67. M. Smith, 47. G. Borthwick, 64. C. Lane, 66. D. Hinkley, 53. J. Hellier

In: M. Smith, M. Scharenberg, J. Blair, J. De Goey, J. Smith, L. Greenwood, T. Adams, A. Close, D. Hinkley
Out: R. Wills

OP updated, with amendments to reflect the finalised senior side...

OP updated with new broadcast information, namely the link to the YouTube stream, helpfully supplied by Dave (thank you again, TradeDraft, and welcome back, old cobber!)...

OP updated with new broadcast information, namely the link to the YouTube stream, helpfully supplied by Dave (thank you again, TradeDraft, and welcome back, old cobber!)...

Not Back Full Time as still have Trouble with Anxiety but I will Drop in every once in awhile when it's not too bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The official team sheet from the VFL website, showing that Beveridge will play his fifth game as 23rd player for the year (CC jackcass)...

Collingwood

In: M. Smith, M. Scharenberg, J. Blair, J. De Goey, J. Smith, L. Greenwood, T. Adams, A. Close, D. Hinkley
Out: R. Wills

OP updated, with amendments to reflect the finalised senior side...

Bizarre. I always thought it was a maximum of 3 games but what would I know.

Great news. We all want to see 100,000!

Do we...?

(*gets clipped behind the ears by some sniping coward*)

Uh, I mean, yes, YES, we do! We DO want to see you get to 100,000! Go Dave!

(*puts finger to earpiece*)

Oracle, find me the footage of whoever threw that clip, so that I can break their arm...

So, it seems the stream will kick off at 10:15am now. OP updated...

10.20 on a sunday? Maybe being an elite Aussie rules player doesn't pay after all.

When i played i used to struggle big time playing early, just had no strength, i always played better in the afternoon.

Cox and Phillips are out there, The Berg is not, so he's the carryover...

Aish and Broomhead also late outs...

Bolton with an admittedly impressive Hail Mary snap from the boundary, gets the first of the game...

0-6

Nice tackle by Smith, effects the turnover, picked up by Phillips, flings it on the boot... GOAL!

8-6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back