Trades Round 14 Trades (2nd week bye)

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw it on Facebook -

http://www.fansunite.com.au/2016/06/23/36419/cloke-returns-for-dockers-clash

Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley has confirmed that maligned forward Travis Cloke will play against the Fremantle Dockers tomorrow night, his second game since he was dropped for the Anzac Day match against the Bombers.

Cloke has managed to find little form in the VFL, but Buckley admitted after the Queens Birthday match against Melbourne that he made some selection blunders heading into that game.

Buckley also confirmed that defender Nathan Brown and former Brisbane Lions midfielder James Aish will make their senior return also after spending a number of weeks in the VFL.

Rookie Tom Phillips, ruckman Jarrod Witts and defender Jack Frost have all been omitted from the team that went down to the Demons two Monday's ago.

Could be bullshit though, the ins sound accurate but the outs could still be unknown.

Saw it on Facebook -

http://www.fansunite.com.au/2016/06/23/36419/cloke-returns-for-dockers-clash

Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley has confirmed that maligned forward Travis Cloke will play against the Fremantle Dockers tomorrow night, his second game since he was dropped for the Anzac Day match against the Bombers.

Cloke has managed to find little form in the VFL, but Buckley admitted after the Queens Birthday match against Melbourne that he made some selection blunders heading into that game.

Buckley also confirmed that defender Nathan Brown and former Brisbane Lions midfielder James Aish will make their senior return also after spending a number of weeks in the VFL.

Rookie Tom Phillips, ruckman Jarrod Witts and defender Jack Frost have all been omitted from the team that went down to the Demons two Monday's ago.

Could be bullshit though, the ins sound accurate but the outs could still be unknown.

Sounds right as in replacements

Buckley has also said that M.Cox may be a late out pending weather

Not sure what to do if Phillips is out :/.
Would be terrible, I'm needing his DPP so this would force me to change both of my planned trades and then I'd have no idea what to do with Mathieson.

I've been very happy with my trades all week, haven't even touched them for about the first ever time, please don't screw me over Buckley!!

Would be terrible, I'm needing his DPP so this would force me to change both of my planned trades and then I'd have no idea what to do with Mathieson.

I've been very happy with my trades all week, haven't even touched them for about the first ever time, please don't screw me over Buckley!!

Same boat, been very happy with my trades and now i'm worried.

We shall find out in a few hours, the Pies fans will be quite unhappy if he's dropped going off their board.

Fingers crossed aye matey!

Fingers crossed indeed!

I actually just changed my trades anyway haha.

Decided it's the wrong week to get Simpson when he is playing GWS at home, so Wells > Deledio and Liberatore > Steven.

Fingers crossed indeed!

I actually just changed my trades anyway haha.

Decided it's the wrong week to get Simpson when he is playing GWS at home, so Wells > Deledio and Liberatore > Steven.
Steven or GAJ lads? I'm torn. GAJ is GAJ but Steven is an uber premo these days and I'm not as worried about him getting injured.

Steven or GAJ lads? I'm torn. GAJ is GAJ but Steven is an uber premo these days and I'm not as worried about him getting injured.

I've got both now :p.

Lets look at their form lines:

Stevo: 132, 103, 135, 138, 83

GAJ: 120, 124, 120, 82, 82

They both have a similar run coming up, could almost toss a coin... It's Stevo for me comparing the two,GAJ will probably score better this week as he loves playing the Hawks but think you're safe with either of them.

Would it be crazy to trade Dangerfield to Ablett pocket 113k and expect about the same scoring from them from here on in?

I need to get rid of some R13 players for byes.

Otherwise im looking at getting in a J.Joyce or T.Mckenzie.

Would it be crazy to trade Dangerfield to Ablett pocket 113k and expect about the same scoring from them from here on in?

Waste of a trade IMO.

If you were cashing him in you would do it next week but you'd still be crazy. 83 break even and has scored below that once this season against GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waste of a trade IMO.

If you were cashing him in you would do it next week but you'd still be crazy. 83 break even and has scored below that once this season against GWS.

Is it a waste if they score the same from here on in though and it pockets me 113k? Ablett would also have a low BE

I just have no idea what other trade to do. Will probably go Frost to L.Pierce

Means i go into R15 with 13 players missing before trades and teams are named.

Is it a waste if they score the same from here on in though and it pockets me 113k? Ablett would also have a low BE

I just have no idea what other trade to do. Will probably go Frost to L.Pierce

Means i go into R15 with 13 players missing before trades and teams are named.

I would need to see your team. I can't believe that your best trade is going Danger > Ablett.

Struggling with my second trade

So far Tipungwuti > Laird

H.Shaw
K.Simpson
R.Laird
D.Rich
Trengove (R12 BYE)
Ruggles

S.Collins
T.Lee

T.Mitchell (R12 BYE)
L.Hunter (R12 BYE)
Zaharakis (R12 BYE)

Dangerfield
J.Selwood
Duncan
Rockliff
J.Steven

Blakely
J.Jansen

Lycett (R12 BYE)
Blicavs

Currie
Frost (R12 BYE)

N.Riewoldt
A.Hall
Z.Merrett (R12 BYE)
Kerridge
D.Wells INJ
R.Davis

Hams (R12 BYE)
S.Reid

Kitty: 10k
What other trade do i do?

Bye Structure before 2nd trade: 9/8/13

Has to involve getting in a R11 player so either T.Phillips or T.Mckenzie or J.Joyce but that means trading out guys such as Blakely, Ruggles, S.Collins ect a week early who all have money to make.

Have thought about the idea of trading S.Frost to a cheap ruck rookie maybe L.Pierce which could well happen if Currie is named this week because i think Frost is likely to be dropped after getting smashed by Sydney so he wont be of help in the R13 byes.

Wouldve been nice though to get rid of a R13 bye player this week
_Cayz_

I would need to see your team. I can't believe that your best trade is going Danger > Ablett.

Whats bad about the trade though? Ablett doesnt miss a game from here on unless injury occurs and is every bit as good dream teamer as Dangerfield plus i pocket a nice 113k

Your failing to tell me why its a bad trade?

Whats bad about the trade though? Ablett doesnt miss a game from here on unless injury occurs and is every bit as good dream teamer as Dangerfield plus i pocket a nice 113k

Your failing to tell me why its a bad trade?

What's bad is you are trading out the inform player in the competition who has scored 140+ and 180+ in the last two weeks, also plays Essendon, Richmond, Melbourne and Brisbane during the last 4 rounds.

If they score exactly the same for the rest of the year then yes, it's not a bad trade. It's a gamble, Danger has a much higher ceiling compared to Ablett this season.

You have got yourself in a spot where you have too many round 15 bye players, I can see that.

Looking at your team I would trade Daniel Wells.

What's bad is you are trading out the inform player in the competition who has scored 140+ and 180+ in the last two weeks, also plays Essendon, Richmond, Melbourne and Brisbane during the last 4 rounds.

If they score exactly the same for the rest of the year then yes, it's not a bad trade. It's a gamble, Danger has a much higher ceiling compared to Ablett this season.

You have got yourself in a spot where you have too many round 15 bye players, I can see that.

Looking at your team I would trade Daniel Wells.

Ablett is also avg 121 in his last 3 games hes also an inform player of the comp

What has the last 4 rounds got to do with anything? why is that a priority over the next 6 rounds?

M.Robinson, Jack Viney tags?

Who would you trade Wells to though?

13 round 15 bye players before the next 4 trades. I could potentially go Wells to Laird and swap Tippa forward and keep for a week. id sort of prefer to keep Wells though otherwise im not improving my side.

otherwise im not improving my side.

How is Dangerfield > Ablett improving your side though? I figured you would be playing in leagues as well as for overall? Hence the last 4 rounds are important. I'm in money leagues so I care about league finals.

Honestly i'd say go with your gut, that way you only have yourself to blame if things go pear shaped. Trading Danger to Ablett could be crazy enough to work.

How is Dangerfield > Ablett improving your side though? I figured you would be playing in leagues as well as for overall? Hence the last 4 rounds are important. I'm in money leagues so I care about league finals.

Honestly i'd say go with your gut, that way you only have yourself to blame if things go pear shaped. Trading Danger to Ablett could be crazy enough to work.

It does in 2 ways

More points as Dangerfield is guaranteed to miss one game for the rest of the season
and the other is it gains me 113k

It is a crazy idea but it also has merit

League finals is great but planning for the last 4 rounds is pointless if you dont actually make finals in the first place

How are people so certain on Phillips not being named?

Haven't seen him being named as out anywhere from Buckley's / Collingwood's actual mouth. Don't believe it to be honest. Would be so harsh considering some of their crappy players.

Even if he is out, I might still trade him in..... not many other options :/ really doing it for the M/F link I'd lose from trading out Keays. Mason Cox will probably be a late out, and in that case Phillips would still get a run. So just going to stick with it. Already have 18 players playing regardless of if Phillips plays or not.

Last edited:
Is it so crazy to trade in Dangerfield? I know high price but a pretty low BE for danger which he should smash.
Duncan > Danger
Downgrade Tippa

Or

Tippa > Laird
Downgrade someone else?

Really in two minds this week...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back