Round 14 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re spending your time and 423k worrying about an M9 at Round 13? You’re doing it wrong.

Get D1-D6, M1-M8, R1-R2, F1-F6 at full Premo, ensure 5 trades and 100k left for injuries and the like, THEN whatever’s left over worry about your bench with.

Weighing up a stronger 22 v a stronger 25ish is an interesting one. I have always wondered if a stronger 25 is the better strategy given the likelihood that your bench is used in the second half of the year, but I don’t have any evidence to say which approach is better. What is the rationale for your view on this? Not saying it isn’t right, just interested in why you have the opinion.

Had to hold Falta and Faker for numbers this week.
They are likely to be on the chopping block next week.
Swing Danger and Heeney back to the fwds and most likely bring in some mid rookie spuds who'll never play again :huh:

Smith is fine at D6 imo. Last week was an outlier, was nowhere to be seen. Last night kicking efficiency let him down. Will be better after the break having hardly played last year. ~85 avg for D6 is fiiiine

Agree, I'm happy with BSmith at D6 (when I can get him there) for the time being. Sure I'd rather he was Hurn or Laird, but whilst I still have muppets on-field elsewhere, Brodie is not my top priority. If I have the cash and trades to do something about it in a few weeks, I'll upgrade him. He's not likely to fall off the face of the earth, and always has that 60-110 sort of range.

A couple of early clangers last night torpedoed his score. Without those he would have been 90-100.

Maybe I'm just seeing it wrong, but it seems to me that once someone has had a few early clangers or Frees Against, CD almost punishes them all game for that. As though one cannot recover from some early mistakes, even if the rest of their game is good. *Shrug*.

Out: Larkey, Baker
In: Gardiner, Sloane

Team complete with 4 trades left.

Bench will be

Answerth Naish
Bewley Hately Setterfield
Sweet
Gardiner Young

5/6 of my forwards on field are FWD/MID so I can use Setterfault to cover them if necessary

Agree, I'm happy with BSmith at D6 (when I can get him there) for the time being. Sure I'd rather he was Hurn or Laird, but whilst I still have muppets on-field elsewhere, Brodie is not my top priority. If I have the cash and trades to do something about it in a few weeks, I'll upgrade him. He's not likely to fall off the face of the earth, and always has that 60-110 sort of range.

A couple of early clangers last night torpedoed his score. Without those he would have been 90-100.

Maybe I'm just seeing it wrong, but it seems to me that once someone has had a few early clangers or Frees Against, CD almost punishes them all game for that. As though one cannot recover from some early mistakes, even if the rest of their game is good. *Shrug*.
That is 100% true. It's their "punishment system" with scoring. Early mistakes affect scoring for the entirety of the match

Smith is fine at D6 imo. Last week was an outlier, was nowhere to be seen. Last night kicking efficiency let him down. Will be better after the break having hardly played last year. ~85 avg for D6 is fiiiine
Yet you wanted to trade Hore :drunk:

Yet you wanted to trade Hore :drunk:
I am going to trade Hore, in order to get 18 players this week. Hore will average 85-90 for the year, as will Smith. Worst case Hore averages a 1-5 points more, which for the year will be less than what trading Hore to a premium gets me this week

I am going to trade Hore, in order to get 18 players this week. Hore will average 85-90 for the year, as will Smith. Worst case Hore averages a 1-5 points more, which for the year will be less than what trading Hore to a premium gets me this week

Hore's averaging 92 minus his first game.

He's averaging 92 minus his first game.
I think his scoring will drop off slightly. I may be right, I may be wrong, that's my opinion.
If I had enough players this week I would have kept him, every player I'm trading out in fact, but I decided to trade them out to field 18.
Very confused why people keep ignoring me saying that and calling me out for trading Hore and keeping Balta. I'm going to pull a Krujan soon

I'm kinda warming up to keeping BCrouch?

Especially more tempting now that I'm free of Rockliff's chains.

No problem finding the footy, just DE letting him down all year.

Kinda feel like he has the potential after having a rest next week to go 110+ for the rest of the year. He'll pull out a monster score, I'm sure of it.

Kinda feel like he has the potential after having a rest next week to go 110+ for the rest of the year. He'll pull out a monster score, I'm sure of it.
Keep him. Season average above 100 now, seems to be kicking a lot lately and his efficiency has improved. Crows in good form as well

I toyed with trading him for a few rounds but glad I didn't. He is staying for me now. More than fine for M8. 5 week average is 115.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree Steve. A break will do Smith good. We've seen him go on a mini run of 6-7 games where he averages mid 90's already this season, so hopefully he can replicate a similar run down the back stretch. He's an experienced player now with a reasonably SC friendly role, so it's not beyond him.

View attachment 691907

Let's cut out Round 12 which was a clear low in terms of disposals.

He averages around 23 touches, 73%DE and 2 clangers.

With cleaner ball use last night, he would have scored around 95 (comparative Round 2 score).

That gives him a "true" average of 90. Is that good enough for D6?

I also note he averages 97 against bottom 10 teams. He only plays 5 more bottom 10 teams however there is a run of 4 in a row just before SC finals.

Keep him. Season average above 100 now, seems to be kicking a lot lately and his efficiency has improved. Crows in good form as well
Sometimes you just need to hear it from someone else.

Means my trades will be

Setterfield> 102k MID/FWD dpp player.
Baker > Oliver/Pendles.

Leaves mids as:

Neale/Kelly/Fyfe/Cripps/Sloane/Macrae/Oliver/Crouch.

That is 100% true. It's their "punishment system" with scoring. Early mistakes affect scoring for the entirety of the match

He had almost as many clangers as the Crouch spuds put together.

Let's cut out Round 12 which was a clear low in terms of disposals.

He averages around 23 touches, 73%DE and 2 clangers.

With cleaner ball use last night, he would have scored around 95 (comparative Round 2 score).

That gives him a "true" average of 90. Is that good enough for D8?

I also note he averages 97 against bottom 10 teams. He only plays 5 more bottom 10 teams however there is a run of 4 in a row just before SC finals.
Smith has been reamed recently by CD's flimsy 'Effective kicks' interpretation. So many kicks that go 50m+ to a contest thats won by Adelaide/creates a stoppage that other players *cough Hurn* get an effective kick for, but Smith gets nothing.

I think his scoring will drop off slightly. I may be right, I may be wrong, that's my opinion.
If I had enough players this week I would have kept him, every player I'm trading out in fact, but I decided to trade them out to field 18.
Very confused why people keep ignoring me saying that and calling me out for trading Hore and keeping Balta. I'm going to pull a Krujan soon

You can skew facts and future projections as much as you like to justify trading out Hore to suit your teams short term needs, but people who have decided to keep him (short or long term) are also entitled to see the positives in his game and rebuke your claims.

FWIW I think having Lever & May being back will actually free Hore up a bit more and he averages 90+ post byes. But that could just be wishful thinking. Either way, he's just as much a keeper as Brodie Smith is. I for one will probably end up keeping both Hore & Smith to loophole at D6 and D7

You can skew facts and future projections as much as you like to justify trading out Hore to suit your teams short term needs, but people who have decided to keep him (short or long term) are also entitled to see the positives in his game and rebuke your claims.

FWIW I think having Lever & May being back will actually free Hore up a bit more and he averages 90+ post byes. But that could just be wishful thinking. Either way, he's just as much a keeper as Brodie Smith is. I for one will probably end up keeping both Hore & Smith to loophole at D6 and D7

I would 100% keep Hore over Smith and would have copped the donut. If I still had the campaigner.

I panic traded him to Robbie Gray when he was a late out. I don't regret who I traded in though - already netted me a 120 as a POD.

Will be just short of going Baker > Gaff so I'm gonna have to cull Stack too.

Stack's BE will be around 60 odd anyways, he hasn't got too much more to make.

Stack > Gaff
Baker > 102k F/M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back