Round 14 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats an acceptable number of trades left?

I've had a few shocking trades where I have traded a player for a week then they have been injured. Bitten by that and have held on to a few since then.

If not specific, what range is healthy to have at this stage?

0 or 1

I've had a few shocking trades where I have traded a player for a week then they have been injured. Bitten by that and have held on to a few since then.

Depends on how many premos/keepers you have

If you've got your 22 you're happy with and some coverage, then you could get away with 5-6 trades for injuries for the rest of the year

Who’s the better pick to get in defence out of Sicily or Stewart? Cheers guys
Yes, this! I currently have two players I'm considering trading this week. Duursma and Rockliff. 1 trade left for this week and 152k approx in the bank.

Options are:

1: Duursma > Stewart or Sicily (already have lloyd, laird, ryan and hore in my backline - also answerth, logue and naish) and hold Rockliff.

2: Rockliff > Any premo mid, but not Neale, J. Kelly, Cripps, Fyfe, Macrae, Bont (or Dylan Clarke, Setterfield, Stack and Stocker). The options seem to be Luke Parker, Zach Merrett, Clayton Oliver, Duncan or Henderson... or Sloane or Treloar next week.

Alternatively I could go Duursma > a premo mid with a bit of switching players across lines, but that would only leave me with 535k which means only Henderson is an option, or Sloane and Treloar next week. I'm not keen on this option.

So... anyway. Stewart or Sicily? Should I trade Rockliff or hold (I'm low on trades)? So far this round I've gone Rozee > Logue and Baker (Richmond) > Marshall.

Going for overall, definitely single digits. Perhaps 6 at the end of rd 15 would be healthy?

Going for leagues, I'd save 4-6 for the finals, so should have 10 at the end of rd 15.

Who’s the better pick to get in defence out of Sicily or Stewart? Cheers guys
Yes, this! I currently have two players I'm considering trading this week. Duursma and Rockliff. 1 trade left for this week and 152k approx in the bank.

Options are:

1: Duursma > Stewart or Sicily (already have lloyd, laird, ryan and hore in my backline - also answerth, logue and naish) and hold Rockliff.

2: Rockliff > Any premo mid, but not Neale, J. Kelly, Cripps, Fyfe, Macrae, Bont (or Dylan Clarke, Setterfield, Stack and Stocker). The options seem to be Luke Parker, Zach Merrett, Clayton Oliver, Duncan or Henderson... or Sloane or Treloar next week.

Alternatively I could go Duursma > a premo mid with a bit of switching players across lines, but that would only leave me with 535k which means only Henderson is an option, or Sloane and Treloar next week. I'm not keen on this option.

So... anyway. Stewart or Sicily? Should I trade Rockliff or hold (I'm low on trades)? So far this round I've gone Rozee > Logue and Baker (Richmond) > Marshall.
I have Sicily but I would definitely go with Stewart at the moment. You know what you are going to get with him. Too much uncertainty about Sicily's role in the back half of the year after the way Clarko spun the magnets last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm debating three trade scenarios this week. I have 407k in my cap to work with and will have 13 trades left after this week.

Option A - Help every line.
Out - Duursma, Steele Stack
On - Stewart Dunkley Sloane
Left with 45k

Option B - Finally get Grundy
Out: Duursma, Steele, Goldstein
In: Stewart, Dunkley, Grundy
Left with 9k

Option C - Fix defence.
Out: Steele, Clark, Duursma
In: Stewart, Bont, Sicily
Left with 13k

I'm leaning towards option A since it helps every line - Dunkley will eventually move into my forward line to finish that and then I will only need one more mid and def. I dont mind going a week early on Sloane because it fits in with everything else I'm doing. I would like to do Option B just to get Grundy in, but that feels very sideways rather than helping overall. Option C isnt bad but it would mean missing out on Dunkley.

Any thoughts on the best way to go?

They combined for 250 the week before. :rainbow:
Tell me about it :rolleyes:
I had complete confidence in my rooks going into last week.
Walsh 141, Gibbons 110, Butters coming off 112 Derrsma 108 then 90+, even SP Baby John had a 75.
No worries, looking good :thumbsu:
They absolutely raped my sorry arse. I hate em.

Thinking the following trades:
Balta > Lloyd via Garder swing
Libba > Clarke
Walsh > Oliver or Marshall
Would love to hear any alternative strategies.
I was looking at Parker and Setterfield. I think Parker might go next week and Setterfield and Dursma can wait a little.

I can bring in any defender for B. Smith this week, I have Lloyd, Andrews, Laird, Hore, Duursma. Is it worth bringing in Hurn or get Ryan and use the extra money to get Hurn for Duursma next week

Facing $$$ and Trades constraints, I've had to spend my money wisely this week in order to clear out an overwhelming number of spuds from my team. So with 220k to spend I have settled on the following 3 trades.

B. Smith > Hurley
Walsh > Treloar
NOONS > Gray

Which leaves me with the following. A one down, one up in the next few weeks to upgrade Duursma will complete my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back