Trades Round 14 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Bye weeks certainly are difficult locking down trades.

My trades are relatively set in what I plan on doing with them.
Liam Baker -> Downgrade (Rose at this stage);
Stack -> Defender upgrade (Daniel / Stewart / Sicily / Blakely / Other..?). Thinking Daniel here.
Curnow -> Midfielder premo (Gaff / Treloar). Tossing up between these two. Both risky in my opinion. Treloar with Adams returning soon. Gaff could cop some attention without Yeo back dishing it out to him?

Soo I have 7 Fwd premiums without realising: Danger, Kelly, Boak, Dunkley, Ziebell, Marshall and Worpel
I feel like that's pretty easy to do. So many permutations of my trades ended up in me having a 7th premo forward by the end of the byes and having to keep going back to the drawing board.

I feel like that's pretty easy to do. So many permutations of my trades ended up in me having a 7th premo forward by the end of the byes and having to keep going back to the drawing board.

Not really a bad thing. I had 7 through byes as they were the best value. It was also unclear who would be the top 6 at the time so they were really all fighting for their spot. Alot of them such as Martin had DPP too making them even more valuable.

Easy enough to cull the 7th when the time is right. But in the mean time, no harm playing them in the midfield.

Not really a bad thing. I had 7 through byes as they were the best value. It was also unclear who would be the top 6 at the time so they were really all fighting for their spot. Alot of them such as Martin had DPP too making them even more valuable.

Easy enough to cull the 7th when the time is right. But in the mean time, no harm playing them in the midfield.

Same thing happened to me too as I picked up Dusty and Ziebell at bottomed out prices.

Currently have Boak in the mids with Danger, Kelly, Dunkley, Martin, Ziebell and Worpel in the forward line.

Worpel seems to be the obvious one to upgrade (Boak to fwds) but he's coming off 110.

Yep, agreed. But the issue with my plans was that all 7 had DPP, but I didn't have any FWD rooks to swap one to the middle, so the 7th would be sitting in F7.

Ye
Yep, agreed. But the issue with my plans was that all 7 had DPP, but I didn't have any FWD rooks to swap one to the middle, so the 7th would be sitting in F7.
s if you find a mid/for cheap rook then you keep Worpel as your F7 M9 at the end of season. Admittedly easier to just trade now you get them every week but still good to have quality back up

Yes if you find a mid/for cheap rook then you keep Worpel as your F7 M9 at the end of season. Admittedly easier to just trade now you get them every week but still good to have quality back up
I think I have a better chance of hooking up with Jessica Alba than finding a half decent FWD rook! Let alone one with DPP.

Sooooooooooo..... those poor souls with Rocky. Are ̶w̶e̶ ̶ you trading or holding? Asking for a friend :drunk:

I dunno. Got 19 even without him so might just hold. Only be a 40 point difference if he comes back next week. Then again with Boak/Wines back his scoring might dry up anyway so might be worth flicking him.

Really really getting pissed at clubs with their smoke and mirror crap though. On what planet is Rocky nearly making the China game 3 weeks ago (so close to making it he even went over there) and then misses a month. You're really pushing the definition of 'test' when he fails the test every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sooooooooooo..... those poor souls with Rocky. Are ̶w̶e̶ ̶ you trading or holding? Asking for a friend :drunk:

Holding.. fielding 20 without him.. o. baker, logue and clarke being the weekest links.

TedDougChris

Feel like the entire Port Adelaide medical team should get the 'Horse's Ass' award this week. Taking him to China when he wasn't going to play, was obviously not the brightest move

I’ll add them in....

The ideal news day for me. Matt Deboer out helps Z.Merrett and Rocky out helps me. I traded him out for Josh Kelly when Port had their bye. My best move of the season.

Now I just need a forward rookie to put their hand up and be named.

- Stack to Hurn
- Walsh to Gaff
- Parker to anyone.

More relevant for next week but what does everyone think about Cripps now? I still think he is probably a top 8 mid but these scores recently have been shocking.

More relevant for next week but what does everyone think about Cripps now? I still think he is probably a top 8 mid but these scores recently have been shocking.

I honestly don't think he is close to a top 8 mid.

I'd rank the following above him:
J.Kelly
T.Taranto
Coniglio
Treloar
Z.Merrett
Gaff
M.Duncan
Fyfe
Henderson

And even then, you could make a case for Macrae, Crouch brothers, L.NEale, Fiorini, Oliver etc.

So yeah, Cripps ain't a top 8 mid.

If I get Gaff for Walsh can only afford Bray with other upgrade.

What’s the consensus, worth taking a punt at that price if he’s back?

Carlton have one of the easiest runs home. Has scored over 90 in 9 out of 13 games this season including 163, 151 and 121.

He also averaged 118 after the bye last season after having a relatively down period leading up to the bye (82, 93, 140, 92, 57)

I think he gets rejuvinated after the bye and he averages 110+ for the rest of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back