Trades Round 14 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

guys - i genuinely need some help finalizing my mids.
i want to get one of the uber premos in, but hesitant to trade out cripps / dont know who else to move on
cripps -> gaf was my plan but cripps stunk it up and im 9k short now. i could go trelor. Waiting on merret for rnd 15. I like WCE's run home so maybe Yeo ???
Anything else just feels a bit sideways.

i think B.crouch has peaked (plus has the bye this week). was thinking the the same with taranto until yesterdays game (on a side note - hes 811k WOW)
rocky is a bit of a roller coaster

any thoughts would be appreciated !

Capture.JPG

i want to get one of the uber premos in, but hesitant to trade out cripps / dont know who else to move on
cripps -> gaf was my plan but cripps stunk it up and im 9k short now. i could go trelor. Waiting on merret for rnd 15. I like WCE's run home so maybe Yeo ???

i think B.crouch has peaked (plus has the bye this week). was thinking the the same with taranto until yesterdays game (on a side note - hes 811k WOW)

View attachment 693851
Surely your forwards or backs need more attention than trading someone like BCrouch out?! How good is the rest of your team?

View attachment 693851
Some nice PODs there - Duncan, Fyfe, Parker

After trades this week my team is looks like this

DEF - Lloyd, Sicily, Daniel, Stewart, Smith, Perryman (Naish, Logue)
MID - Macrae, Oliver, Coniglio, Cripps, Neale, B.Crouch, Boak, L.Shiels (Baker, Bewely)
RUCK - Grundy, Gawn
FWD - Dangerfield, Dunkley, Kelly, Martin, Ziebell, Worpel (Gardner, Burgess)

While there are no true rookies left on field my team still feels quite weak in the scoring department lacking those really big scorers like Houli, Laird, J.Kelly, Taranto.
Forward bench is also a huge issue now that the byes are coming to an end.

Obviously over time I want to move Boak back into the forwards via Worpel to a premo mid and also need to upgrade Shiels to premo mid and Smith/Perryman.

Going to find it hard to make cash due to Gardner/Burgess and Naish, Logue, Baker and Bewely all have growth left in them.

Current trades are Witts to Grundy, Stack to Sicily and Rozee to Stewart.

Surely your forwards or backs need more attention than trading someone like BCrouch out?! How good is the rest of your team?

FWDs have been set for a while: boak, kelly, danger, dunkley, worpel, R. Gray (bench setterfield, R. Young)
Def needs some attention as im using that for rookie downgrades. Waiting on laird next round and whitfield when hes back. Considering hurn and salem. not sold on houli / sic
DEF currently lloyd, daniel, stewart, perryman, duurs, logue, (bench answerth, naish)

View attachment 693851
Your midfield is already pretty good. I'd be concentrating on your forwards and backs

After trades this week my team is looks like this

DEF - Lloyd, Sicily, Daniel, Stewart, Smith, Perryman (Naish, Logue)
MID - Macrae, Oliver, Coniglio, Cripps, Neale, B.Crouch, Boak, L.Shiels (Baker, Bewely)
RUCK - Grundy, Gawn
FWD - Dangerfield, Dunkley, Kelly, Martin, Ziebell, Worpel (Gardner, Burgess)

While there are no true rookies left on field my team still feels quite weak in the scoring department lacking those really big scorers like Houli, Laird, J.Kelly, Taranto.
Forward bench is also a huge issue now that the byes are coming to an end.

Obviously over time I want to move Boak back into the forwards via Worpel to a premo mid and also need to upgrade Shiels to premo mid and Smith/Perryman.

Going to find it hard to make cash due to Gardner/Burgess and Naish, Logue, Baker and Bewely all have growth left in them.

Current trades are Witts to Grundy, Stack to Sicily and Rozee to Stewart.

Seems similar to where I'm at actually (ie "finished" but no big hitters). After trades this week:

DEF - Lloyd, Laird, Daniel, Crisp, Smith, Perryman (Naish, Logue)
MID - Gaff, Coniglio, Brouch, Mrouch, Fyfe, Macrae, Brayshaw, Duursma (Hind / Baker)
Ruck - Grundy / Gawn
FWD - Boak, Danger, Dunkley, Kelly, Ziebell, Worpel (Rose/Gardiner).

I need the extra 2x trades next week to move Duursma up to a premo (probably Cripps to save myself some coin for grabing those uber premos).

Probably a good place to be really as surely those targeting too many of those big scorers a few weeks back would be running out of funds soon (Whitfield/Houli/Kelly/Gaff/Duncan plus the debacle with Danger etc).

The next phase of the game will indeed be difficult as all our benches will be looking fairly sad for cash gen (and scoring potential). Not alot of movement. I'll probably have to cull Baker in ~2weeks for a little bit of coin to keep things happening.

After trading Stack to Logue and Goldstein to Gawn I have approximately 90k to play with.

Currently have 18 playing (not including Robbie Young), I would like to trade to have 19 playing (20 if Young is selected).

Options

A Corbett -> Rookie (Def or Fwd, who though?)
B McInerny -> Def Rookie (helps cash generation in the future as I get rid of a dud but won't help Bye players as I will already have 6 in defence)
C Walsh -> Walters
D Setterfield -> Lipinski?
E Cripps -> Dunkley, Henderson, Yeo, Parker

Is Setterfield to Lipinski the best option there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After trading Stack to Logue and Goldstein to Gawn I have approximately 90k to play with.

Currently have 18 playing (not including Robbie Young), I would like to trade to have 19 playing (20 if Young is selected).

Options

A Corbett -> Rookie (Def or Fwd, who though?)
B McInerny -> Def Rookie (helps cash generation in the future as I get rid of a dud but won't help Bye players as I will already have 6 in defence)
C Walsh -> Walters
D Setterfield -> Lipinski?
E Cripps -> Dunkley, Henderson, Yeo, Parker

Is Setterfield to Lipinski the best option there?
E1 or C for me

Seems similar to where I'm at actually (ie "finished" but no big hitters). After trades this week:

DEF - Lloyd, Laird, Daniel, Crisp, Smith, Perryman (Naish, Logue)
MID - Gaff, Coniglio, Brouch, Mrouch, Fyfe, Macrae, Brayshaw, Duursma (Hind / Baker)
Ruck - Grundy / Gawn
FWD - Boak, Danger, Dunkley, Kelly, Ziebell, Worpel (Rose/Gardiner).

I need the extra 2x trades next week to move Duursma up to a premo (probably Cripps to save myself some coin for grabing those uber premos).

Probably a good place to be really as surely those targeting too many of those big scorers a few weeks back would be running out of funds soon (Whitfield/Houli/Kelly/Gaff/Duncan plus the debacle with Danger etc).

The next phase of the game will indeed be difficult as all our benches will be looking fairly sad for cash gen (and scoring potential). Not alot of movement. I'll probably have to cull Baker in ~2weeks for a little bit of coin to keep things happening.

Yeah, that is the issue I am about to find myself in. Doing the three upgrades this week but it basically uses all of my cash.
Naish and Logue are only just getting started and Bewely seems to be warming up but is nowhere near ready to cull.

At this point Baker in a few weeks like you said might be the go for a downgrade.

I could look at downgrading Perryman and playing a Naish/Logue on field for cash but that just feels like a backwards step.

I honestly have no idea what trades I can pull next week unless a couple of forward rookies come along and I can fix up Burgess/Gardner.

Yeah, that is the issue I am about to find myself in. Doing the three upgrades this week but it basically uses all of my cash.
Naish and Logue are only just getting started and Bewely seems to be warming up but is nowhere near ready to cull.

At this point Baker in a few weeks like you said might be the go for a downgrade.

I could look at downgrading Perryman and playing a Naish/Logue on field for cash but that just feels like a backwards step.

I honestly have no idea what trades I can pull next week unless a couple of forward rookies come along and I can fix up Burgess/Gardner.

Yeh I wouldn't be downgrading Perryman at this point. Like you say, it would be a step back for sure. Perryman needs to go to a Whitfield/Houli type when the time is right (and money available).

Having to trade Rocky last week set me back 1 move so I've got cash ready to do Duursma -> Cripps next week and a spare trade to fix any injury that might occur (or otherwise just do Archie Smith -> $170k rook for ~ $70k spare change. After that I'll be kicking stones around.

Next phase is really going to be about getting a half decent backup in each line while we tweak our premos, so for you I think fixing up one of Burgess/Gardiner will become a priority soon. Easier said then done of course since there are seemingly no $170k rooks appearing. Even looking at the Magoos I cant see anyone arriving that fills that need. Cavarra perhaps?

If only Bennell was Mid/Fwd....

E1 or C for me
I think i'm going to do Walsh to Walters at this stage.

Will leave me with a squad as follows post Bye.

DEF: Lloyd, Sicily, Daniel, Sheppard, Smith, Logue (Answerth, McInerney)
MID: Fyfe, Crouch, Cripps, Macrae, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Clarke, Baker (Setterfield, Bewley)
RUC: Grundy, Gawn (Fort, Flynn)
FWD: Boak, Kelly, Danger, Walters, Dusty, Worpel (Corbett, Young).

Will upgrade my midfield ASAP after that usuing Corbett, Answerth, Setterfield and Clarke. Last defence rookie and last mid rookie may take a little while to mature, might have to do a double down grade Round 16 but should get there eventually.

I think i'm going to do Walsh to Walters at this stage.

Will leave me with a squad as follows post Bye.

DEF: Lloyd, Sicily, Daniel, Sheppard, Smith, Logue (Answerth, McInerney)
MID: Fyfe, Crouch, Cripps, Macrae, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Clarke, Baker (Setterfield, Bewley)
RUC: Grundy, Gawn (Fort, Flynn)
FWD: Boak, Kelly, Danger, Walters, Dusty, Worpel (Corbett, Young).

Will upgrade my midfield ASAP after that usuing Corbett, Answerth, Setterfield and Clarke. Last defence rookie and last mid rookie may take a little while to mature, might have to do a double down grade Round 16 but should get there eventually.

Given you're chasing an F6 I'd almost be tempted to suggest you grab Lipinksi over Walters atm. Walters form is undeniable but so is his inconsistency looking at his track record.

Lipinski has proven and reasonable ceiling now and perhaps without Libba has secured his spot/scoring potential for a little while?

It'll help you free up some cash to attack an upgrade in the backline (ie upgrade Answeth to Laird next week).

Week after that you could do Setterfield down and Baker up (or if Baker still has money to make then, you could upgrade Shep to Whitfield if he's back).

Thoughts on Burton as a cheap option?

Actually nets some cash (minimal) from a Stack/Rozee.

Probably not worth it as Stack can probably keep up with scoring wise anyway?

Witts>Gawn is my only certainty this week.

Tempted to jump on Macrae.. with Libba out, he could be back and is cheap as

Rozee is the other upgrade.. no idea who to though

How cheap? Lipinski 492k
bl4ke you beautiful human being!

I initially had Walsh to Hind and a kitty of nearly 400k to upgrade Hind or Bewley to Cogs next week (after trading Finlayson to Naish), but I can go Walsh to Lipinski who should be good for 80 (rather than Hind's 40), has a similar BE so likely to make more money and can still go to Cogs next week. My team looks that bit better this week and one less rook!

These are my trades this week. Tempted to trade Smith over Stack as his next two games are Geelong in Geelong and Port whilst Stack has St Kilda and GCS. What do you think?

Answerth > Logue
Smith/Stack > Gaff
Gibbons > Gardner

21 playing with 16 premiums on field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back