Trades Round 14 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi All,

Need a bit of help, now just outside top 200 so doing ok.

This is going to be my worst Bye week so need to try to maximise my score to maintain with the top teams. Only got 18 playing this week before trades.

Team is as follows:

Backs: Lloyd, Sicily, Laird, Smith, Stewart, Stack (Emerg: Logue & Naish)
Mids: Jelly, Cogs, Treloar, Cripps, Fyfe, Dunkley, Brouch, Baker (Emerg: Bewley & Hind)
Rucks: Gawn, Grundy (Emerg: Fort & Cameron)
Fwds: Dangerfield, Boak, Telly, Worpel, Martin, Ziebell (Emerg: Rozee & Parker)

Cash in bank is $253k before trades

Really want to bring in a gun midfielder like a Gaff, Macrae or even Brayshaw.

Will trade Stack out, but not sure to who, maybe Daniel or Hurn if he's fit? May also trade Smith out too. Will trade Rozee out next week, unless I should trade him out this week to get $$$

Any ideas as I can't see too many good rookies to downgrade as I already brought in Logue last week?

I'd definitely be trading Rozee down to a dead end rook like Gardener (Cavarra if he's named), as you'll then have around 550K to play with, which you can use to upgrade perhaps Baker and Stack? Maybe Baker to Macrae and Stack to Daniel (or similar)? Would give you a full team then, with 160K on the bench in Parker to downgrade next week and bring in someone like Houli for Smith.

Full premo team coming out of the byes, that would be a very enviable position to be in :)

All right, **** it I’m doing this. Brad Crouch goes. I’m cracking open the war chest and three big guns are coming in.

B.Crouch -> Gaff
Stack -> Lloyd
Walsh -> Macrae

Tempted to go for Brayshaw instead of Gaff/Macrae given his BE and obvious value, but at his price I can afford to wait one more week and see if he really is back.

Soo I have 7 Fwd premiums without realising: Danger, Kelly, Boak, Dunkley, Ziebell, Marshall and Worpel

Taking up a valuable mid spot. Who would you trade out of Marshall/Worpel?

I'd give it one more week before making a call on it. I'd say Marshall would be a better POD but Worpel hasn't really done much wrong lately.

Soo I have 7 Fwd premiums without realising: Danger, Kelly, Boak, Dunkley, Ziebell, Marshall and Worpel

As StickyMick said, you can afford to wait another week. The Saints look to have a much easier run home than the Hawks, so if you have to make a call this week then maybe Marshall is the one to keep.

OK I have a dumb question. I tried to trade Stack --> Daniel although was playing around with the DPP stuff so think I moved Dunkley around etc.

However, they seem to all be in the same position (i.e. my Round 13 is the same basically) still and it won't let me reverse my trade! I know that I could easily have just traded Stack --> Daniel without any DPP, but can't even see a rollback option.

Does anyone know how to reverse a trade like this? No idea why it isn't letting me.

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK I have a dumb question. I tried to trade Stack --> Daniel although was playing around with the DPP stuff so think I moved Dunkley around etc.

However, they seem to all be in the same position (i.e. my Round 13 is the same basically) still and it won't let me reverse my trade! I know that I could easily have just traded Stack --> Daniel without any DPP, but can't even see a rollback option.

Does anyone know how to reverse a trade like this? No idea why it isn't letting me.

Cheers
Make sure you have round 14 selected

Thoughts on the below?

Stack - bewley (bench mid)
Baker - Danger
E curnow - lipinski

$134k cash remaining
Love the lipinski pick. Midfield minutes will only increase with libba out

I have almost the same set up, except Daniel and Walters instead of Dunkley and Marshall.

Thinking I'll ditch Ziebell at this stage but really not sure.

Thinking for this week I'll ditch Cumming, swap Gardner back and bring in Chol? Unless a better forward rookie appears.

Brouch > Treloar
Stack > Lloyd
Cumming > Chol via Gardner

19 on field, 112k in the bank.

Means I come out of the byes with 2 def rookies (one is Duursma who I don't really count as a rookie), and 1 mid rookie.

Last edited:
I'd give it one more week before making a call on it. I'd say Marshall would be a better POD but Worpel hasn't really done much wrong lately.
As StickyMick said, you can afford to wait another week. The Saints look to have a much easier run home than the Hawks, so if you have to make a call this week then maybe Marshall is the one to keep.
I have almost the same set up, except Daniel and Walters instead of Dunkley and Marshall.

Thinking I'll ditch Ziebell at this stage but really not sure.

Thinking for this week I'll ditch Cumming, swap Gardner back and bring in Chol? Unless a better forward rookie appears.

Brouch > Treloar
Stack > Lloyd
Cumming > Chol via Gardner

19 on field, 112k in the bank.

Means I come out of the byes with 2 def rookies (one is Duursma who I don't really count as a rookie), and 1 mid rookie.
Thanks guys. Will likely wait til I have my full team of premiums before trading out. I’ll reassess in 2-3 weeks. !

will have 19 after trades...but if grundy + rocky out thats going to screw things up a bit
Wouldnt think Grundy missed given he played full minutes v Melbourne/Gawn and has had the week off. Think that injury update is just rolling over from the previous week where prior to playing Melbourne we got the same thing

Initial trade ideas were

Witts to Grundy
Stack to Sicily
Rozee to Stewart

That basically uses up all of my money $3k left.

It gets all of my rookies off the field but none of my cash cows are ready to cull (Naish, Logue, Bewely, Baker) or are just spuds (Burgess, Gardner, Fort, Flynn) which is going to leave me in a pretty frustrating position next week.

Thinking of some value which could save me some cash for an upgrade next week.

Witts to Grundy is locked in, but I could go Stack to Hurn and Rozee to Burton and still have $120k left over.

Stack to Sicily and Rozee to Burton would leave $164k.

1. So basically do I go Hurn and Burton with $120k.
2. Sicily and Burton with $164k.
3. Sicily and Stewart with $3k?

Here's an example of the Brad Crouch "Double upgrade"

In this example, it turns my team fielding 17 into fielding 20. Bewley, Parker, Logue and Hind as rookies. No premiums on field post bye.
View attachment 694210

Would love some thoughts on something like this
I'd say it's going backwards.
The madness that is running a fantasy side can make us a bit loopy. My 3 week bye 3 plan of Gawn/Lloyd IN this week was mostly because I thought Lloyd had Gold Coast, but that's second up.

You've got people trading out a guy with a last 5 of 121. Sinister worm you've planted.

All jest aside, with rookies almost ran dry at present, it's clever $80k moves like this that you have to do to keep pushing forward, so I see your point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back