Trades Round 14 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Had 5k in the bank previously too...1k left. It's useful in my situation and rank (~200). I need to get aggressive because I haven't taken enough risks. Not far off the pace and I feel ****en great going down swinging rather than playing it safe.

Brouch 110
Stack 75
Balta 35

Gaff 120
Daniel 100
Cameron 45
I still think trading Brouch is wrong but being aggressive i can understand

I wish Logue went up more in price so all these guys that didn't have him, can't. In my opinion, they don't deserve him. Same as those that didn't start with Timmy Tarants!
May as well just get rid of trades altogether then

I reckon blokes who bring in Alex Witherden this week will do very well for themselves.

In fact - could this be a Caleb Daniel alternative? Considering the 115k price difference.
Not sure on Witho. I was keen on him all preseason but he's been rubbish this year. Seems Daniel Rich has pinched his points/ rebound role?

I won't be copying your Brouch move, but its ballsy. Kudos for that!

For those trading in Cameron, prepare for a 2 disposal 3 tackle game from him...

Not sure on Witho. I was keen on him all preseason but he's been rubbish this year. Seems Daniel Rich has pinched his points/ rebound role?

For those trading in Cameron, prepare for a 2 disposal 3 tackle game from him...
That's what I said about Griffin Logue 🤦‍♂️

Lucky I'm a dirty bloody liar and brought him in anyway.

Just a noob question regarding team strategy. What’s everyone’s thoughts on have Prem bench cover (D7/M9/F7 Dpp)?

Only started playing AFL Fant seriously this year (was playing SuperCoach / Dreamteam). When I finalise my team, I usually try to have a cover in the event of late outs. However, since Fantasy has unlimited trades, I’d believe best to have most of your $$$ on the field and having rookies with good JS being cover.

Thoughts ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a noob question regarding team strategy. What’s everyone’s thoughts on have Prem bench cover (D7/M9/F7 Dpp)?

Only started playing AFL Fant seriously this year (was playing SuperCoach / Dreamteam). When I finalise my team, I usually try to have a cover in the event of late outs. However, since Fantasy has unlimited trades, I’d believe best to have most of your $$$ on the field and having rookies with good JS being cover.

Thoughts ?
My thoughts.....is that cash gen is paramount, particularly this time of year when most teams are getting down to 6 potential rooks to generate cash. This is only my 1st full year of playing this game so take my thoughts with the grain of salt they deserve. Obviously bringing in guys that have low BE's/fallen premos if the $ aren't there helps too.

And then straight back out when Rioli is back after his suspension......I've missed out on a few this year with this thought process

Thoughts ?

We have unlimited trades now? I didn't get that memo

Stuck for trades at the moment. At this stage its only:

- B.Smith to Dunkley via Daniel DPP
- Stack/Answerth to ??
- No Idea

Need a decent 170K defender to pop up tomorrow afternoon. Only got my defender rookies left to upgrade.

Current Defenders

Houli, Lloyd, Laird, Daniel, Stack, Answerth, Logue & Naish.

Why are people showing off pics of their girlfriend in an AFL fantasy trade thread?

To stay on topic, I'm torn on my 3rd trade. I will be able to field 19 or 20 this week.

Rozee to Hurn (field 19)
Rocky to Bray/Gaff (field 20)
Brad Crouch to Bray/Gaff (field 20)

I like thee idea of trading out Brad at his peak. I'm a 'buy low, sell high' type guy. But I often 'buy low, sell low'. At least I don't 'buy high, sell low' like my stocks.

lol wouldn't have a clue.

but yeah I think the fantasy comp would be a lot better if mid range players were priced cheaper. that way teams could pick up far more mid rangers and have a bit of diversity. Because most good teams go the guns n rooks approach. So I think the formula should get changed and make it a bit more competitive.

guys like parish etc. could actually get picked up instead of looked at from a safe distance.

Thoughts ?

Definitely less of an issue than SC/DT, where you'll likely run out of trades for the last month (unless you're very careful/lucky), hence the need for cover.
Here you can always sideways, so ideally you should have a playing cover in each line for late outs, but you can usually cover injuries at time of teamsheets.
All the more reason to rush to complete sides, so you can put out spot fires.

I would think if you could have Hore/Duursma/Baker types on your bench at the end you'll be fine. I guess mids you may want stronger cover given it's the highest scoring area and you'll have 8 potential late-outs (vs 2 or 6).

This (see the comments) gives you a feel of what some teams were like last year in rd 23.

Stuck for trades at the moment. At this stage its only:

- B.Smith to Dunkley via Daniel DPP
- Stack/Answerth to ??
- No Idea

Need a decent 170K defender to pop up tomorrow afternoon. Only got my defender rookies left to upgrade.

Current Defenders

Houli, Lloyd, Laird, Daniel, Stack, Answerth, Logue & Naish.

Answerth down (provided you'll still have 20+), Stack up seems to be the sensible way.

this rocky farce is killing me - cant decide trade or hold.

option 1
stick with origional plan - keep rocky this week
field 18. probabily take 50 point hit this week
gets me one extra premo on field next week (double upgrade)
rocky MUST play next week or option 2 is better

option 2
sideways rocky to yeo/trelor
field 19. gain 50 points this week
stops me double upgrading next week. will hold a midpriced - probabily lose 30 points
net 20 point gain
any injuries will screw my plans

edit: more info to consider: Ollie Wines, Brad Ebert & Charlie Dixon all set to return.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back