Sherman41

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2006
Ballarat
AFL Club
Collingwood
Small forward.

Vs.

Leading forward scored well vs a very good team.
Plays for a team you can't trust with rookie JS.
Riccardi did play well but I’m pretty sure wet toasts backline gave him bugger all respect. Not exactly a lock down defence. More of a system based approach.

Be surprised if Riccardi gets that much space again.

I’m leaning towards Mosquito due to the fact I don’t see Leon leaving Finlayson out for much longer.

Red Syrah

Club Legend
May 21, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Oscar vs Grundy and Witts aaggghhhhhh.

Can you trade a rookie to Luko or your worst forward...
I will wait for teams and see about Draper and NN being managed, really want to trade out Simpson and McPherson and I think its going to be worthwhile bringing in a premo (Jelly or NN) for the bye rounds rather than 2 value picks like Lukosius and J.Martin. Just depends if they fire. Would love to turf Wingard but with only 6 trades left, that will be a final 2 trades upgrade.

1598430250961.png

Attachments

• 1598430218197.png
    1598430218197.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 27

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I will wait for teams and see about Draper and NN being managed, really want to trade out Simpson and McPherson and I think its going to be worthwhile bringing in a premo (Jelly or NN) for the bye rounds rather than 2 value picks like Lukosius and J.Martin. Just depends if they fire. Would love to turf Wingard but with only 6 trades left, that will be a final 2 trades upgrade.

View attachment 945867
Draper managed.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Riccardi did play well but I’m pretty sure wet toasts backline gave him bugger all respect. Not exactly a lock down defence. More of a system based approach.

Be surprised if Riccardi gets that much space again.

I’m leaning towards Mosquito due to the fact I don’t see Leon leaving Finlayson out for much longer.
We know Mosquito is playing at least.

View attachment 945867

How much cash?

Juzzomac

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I don't actually support North Melb
Changed my plans, realised there's little to no gain from trading out Cogs considering the need for R15 players.

Goldstein > Comben (R/F key)
Rankine > Martin
Rivers > Josh Kelly

R15

Bont > Gawn via Comben to FWD, Foot to mid.

This approach will mean I can keep Draper as cover all season, as well as more importantly 2 more premos in R15.

Gotta take risks this year to gain ground.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Changed my plans, realised there's little to no gain from trading out Cogs considering the need for R15 players.

Goldstein > Comben (R/F key)
Rankine > Martin
Rivers > Josh Kelly

R15

Bont > Gawn via Comben to FWD, Foot to mid.

This approach will mean I can keep Draper as cover all season, as well as more importantly 2 more premos in R15.

Gotta take risks this year to gain ground.
Draper out.
Not great cover

Juzzomac

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I don't actually support North Melb
Draper out.
Not great cover
I think the rest is good for him long term, should play the rest of the games this season with normal turnarounds.

This week is the perfect week for him to be out really, best 18 with 20 premos playing for me personally, assume most will be in the same boat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red Syrah

Club Legend
May 21, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
How much cash?
$158K. With draper being managed - I'm thinking simpson and McPherson > Nic Nat and Mozzie. It gives me 15 premos, 2 value fwds in Simpkin & wingard) and 3 rookies (incl Serong). I will also have B.Williams def emerg finally! should have about the same for r15. Then r16 have cover for Grundy too. that leaves me 4 trades for injuries and luxury upgrades.

Was also tossing up bringing in Jelly instead of NN, and running with B.Williams as R2 for this round. Either way its bringing in an extra premo. if I bring in nicnat then I prob won't bring in gawn.

Last edited:

Tso1967

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2019
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Changed plans with Draper out

Starfish to Ryan
King to Ricci
Georgy to Mozzy

Next week OUT Grundy or Nic Nat if rested/ Buda + 1 other
Might nearly complete team.

penga

Senior List
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Help needed! I'm on minimum trades and carrying Ladhams who I'm gonna hold and hope for the best. Focusing on league only.
Need 2 defenders one will be 100% be Lloyd which means 5 left. Which one out of Ryan, Haynes, Lukosius and May?
Do I go 4 mediocre premos to complete team or 3 top premos and field 1 rookie? Rookies that I will most likely keep (Close, Foot, Wicks/Bytel, Xerri).

If I get Ryan who is in hot form going 130 avg last 5 rounds, I can get Goldstein for Cameron this week and Oliver + 2 rookies to complete team in round 16 or 17 when he drops in price.

If I get Haynes/Luko I can get Gawn (if he drops 50-60k in 2 weeks) and Oliver however I can't upgrade Cameron to Goldstein this week and risk the league loss (in top 4 though). Alternatively I can try go full premo via 4 players which would be e.g. Haynes, ROB, J. Martin and 500k premo. If I get May in defence I will have spare 70k maybe for the last premo.

TLDR; Would be starting these options to complete team:
1. Ryan + Goldy + Oliver + rookie vs
2. Haynes/Luko/May + Gawn+ Oliver + rookie vs
3. Haynes/Luko/May + ROB + J.Martin + 500k-570k premo

Which defender to choose?

Last edited:

Red Syrah

Club Legend
May 21, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Help needed! I'm on minimum trades and carrying Ladhams who I'm gonna hold and hope for the best. Focusing on league only.
Need 2 defenders one will be 100% be Lloyd which means 5 left. Which one out of Ryan, Haynes, Lukosius and May?
Do I go 4 mediocre premos to complete team or 3 top premos and field 1 rookie? Rookies that I will most likely keep (Close, Foot, Wicks/Bytel, Xerri).

If I get Ryan who is in hot form going 130 avg last 5 rounds, I can get Goldstein for Cameron this week and Oliver + 2 rookies to complete team in round 16 or 17 when he drops in price.

If I get Haynes/Luko I can get Gawn (if he drops 50-60k in 2 weeks) and Oliver however I can't upgrade Cameron to Goldstein this week and risk the league loss. Alternatively I can try go full premo via 4 players which would be e.g. Haynes, ROB, J. Martin and 500k premo. If I get May in defence I will have spare 70k maybe for the last premo.

TLDR; Would be starting these options to complete team:
1. Ryan + Goldy + Oliver + rookie vs
2. Haynes/Luko/May + Gawn+ Oliver + rookie vs
3. Haynes/Luko/May + ROB + J.Martin + 500k-570k premo

Which defender to choose?
If you are focused on leagues, then firstly need to win this week to progress. with next 3 rounds best 18, premos will count more but up to you how much risk. Opt 1 all proven - will the rookie be on field? Will Gawn be back to 140+ straight away?

DT_35

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Denver, Liverpool
DD827C38-6225-468A-B4DB-16213820FC11.jpeg

A2D1D9A8-8D1C-4C0C-9761-D01E7F2DCFF7.jpeg

150k. 7 trades only playing for leagues.

A)
Aarts > Riccardi
McPherson > Steele
Depending on leagues Laird > McDonald if required

B)
Aarts > Riccardi
McPherson > Boak/Anderson
Laird > Seagull

Thoughts?

penga

Senior List
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
If you are focused on leagues, then firstly need to win this week to progress. with next 3 rounds best 18, premos will count more but up to you how much risk. Opt 1 all proven - will the rookie be on field? Will Gawn be back to 140+ straight away?
Yes rookie will be on the field but could probs be looped for at least 1 other rookie. Would need to wait a couple of weeks for Gawn so could see how he does otherwise could go Nic Nat.

Laird -> Ridley
McHenry -> Riccardi (via Foot, opening a DPP)
Cameron -> Jack Martin

Leaves Woodcock as my only sub-95 player (if you discount Martin's injury affected 18).

Next week, or the week after, Williamson/Draper to a rookie, Woodcock to a forward in the 450k range, completing my team.

Means one of Williamson, Draper or Woodcock probably won't get cashed in, but this makes the most sense with what I've got I think.

GoDees234

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Are mossie and riccardi must haves? Thinking with only a few rounds left we won't have time to cash either in if they don't make cash quickly.

Thinking at this stage

Laird > Ridley (don't wanna trade laird considering his form but Ridley gives me an extra premo this week and gives me cash for my 2nd trade)

Rankine > Jack Martin

On TRT-LX2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back