Trades Round 14 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trades I'm definitely doing:
  • Jordon > Parish
  • Byrnes > Newcombe
Trades I'll only do if Collingwood's medical update next week says that Grundy is going to miss Round 15:
  • Grundy > Lycett
  • Poulter > Premo Mid (leaning towards Walsh atm)
They’ve basically said he’ll be back round 15 (last week mentioned he’ll miss 1 game + the bye)

They’ve basically said he’ll be back round 15 (last week mentioned he’ll miss 1 game + the bye)
I know but I want to be 100% sure he's coming back before I pass on Lycett. With the cash I'd get from Grundy > Lycett I could do Poulter to a premo mid, finishing my midfield. It's a big decision that could really screw me over if I make the wrong call.

so what are we doing this week? Is anyone going to be able to field 18?

I have 14 available before trades. Only guys I have that are ready to be culled are Jordon and Rowe. So best I can field is 16 unless I start sideways trading kents like Harmes, May, Short and Heeney.

Thinking of doing:
Jordon to rookie
Rowe to Langford

Leaves me 6 trades with just one fwd upgrade left
I’ve got 24 available this week lol (only Ridley Walsh bont macrae) out due to byes and Brockman (rip young man) and Grundy…. Fair to say next week will be hell

May and Jordon to two mid's, likely Merrett and Walsh. If one or both go up in price I might be able to get Lyons instead of Merrett.

Will likely only have 14 playing so will consider a sideways trade of Heeney/Impey/Cerra but would rather not use the trades (9 after the above). Lots of teams will be undermanned so rather have a s**t score this round than be coping donuts towards the end of the year. Reckon I'm holding a trade or 2 more than most, so preference is to hold them with 9 rounds and 1 upgrade to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plans I think are
Poulter > Newcombe
May/Short/Brayshaw > Walsh
Murphy > Dale/Langford* (though I might just be short on $ for this and may think of going sideways with Heeney)

After those trades 18 playing, may cop 17 if I can't do the last one

Lyons, need to see more from Neale imo. Lyons as safe a pick as you get $600k +.
Lyons still only 6% ownership
Jelly still only 8% ownership .....prior to R13 trading ....so maybe 2% more
Touk Miller only 2% ownership

So needed to go more POD in my trades as Bont was too expensive .....and value picks weren't going to allow me to have a half reasonable side

This week will hurt. Limping in with a grand total of 14 players - assuming the Reeves, Newcombes and other spuds of this world actually get picked.

Ignoring byes I've got two rookies left on-field - Jones/Bianco in DEF and Weightman/CCJ in FWD. Ahead of that worst players are May, Cripps, Heeney.

12 trades. $179k cash.

Basic stuff would be 1-up, 1-down (maybe Poulter and Murphy out). But will need to find => rookies to really do much. Might go nuts and take opportunity to turn Heeney or May into something better and avoid the donut, but even then I'll need to find rookies to fund it.

Poulter -> some rook
Murphy -> some premo

:think: Don't think I can "fix" the team for Rnd 14 without compromising the rest of the season quite a bit, so will likely just cop a bad week.

Lyons still only 6% ownership
Jelly still only 8% ownership .....prior to R13 trading ....so maybe 2% more
Touk Miller only 2% ownership

So needed to go more POD in my trades as Bont was too expensive .....and value picks weren't going to allow me to have a half reasonable side
One good score and Neale won't be a POD any more. Best to avoid him if that's the goal.

Very difficult to find good scoring AND a point of difference at this stage of the season.

Jordan > Parish

That would give me a theoretical 18, will base other trades on necessity (e.g. Jones gets dropped)

One good score and Neale won't be a POD any more. Best to avoid him if that's the goal.

Very difficult to find good scoring AND a point of difference at this stage of the season.
A lot of Coaches already have the SP's with high ownership % ......so trying to finish with more value picks

Parish for example, still only 6% ownership .....but too expensive for most Coach's at $658K

This week will hurt. Limping in with a grand total of 14 players - assuming the Reeves, Newcombes and other spuds of this world actually get picked.

Ignoring byes I've got two rookies left on-field - Jones/Bianco in DEF and Weightman/CCJ in FWD. Ahead of that worst players are May, Cripps, Heeney.

12 trades. $179k cash.

Basic stuff would be 1-up, 1-down (maybe Poulter and Murphy out). But will need to find => rookies to really do much. Might go nuts and take opportunity to turn Heeney or May into something better and avoid the donut, but even then I'll need to find rookies to fund it.

Poulter -> some rook
Murphy -> some premo

:think: Don't think I can "fix" the team for Rnd 14 without compromising the rest of the season quite a bit, so will likely just cop a bad week.
I'm similarly placed and have come to the same conclusion. Take the hit next week (it was out of my hands anyway) and hope to make it up over the rest of the season by trading well.

A lot of Coaches already have the SP's with high ownership % ......so trying to finish with more value picks

Parish for example, still only 6% ownership .....but too expensive for most Coach's at $658K
Yes and history suggests Parish won't keep scoring like this for the rest of the season, so you won't get what you pay for anyway.

Might just have to take a punt on a good mid that might have a run of form, risky though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back