Trades Round 14 trades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2020
Narre Warren South
AFL Club
Essendon
Langford can average 80 playing on a wing, even if he gets less CBA's when Shield and McGrath return, he'll still be close to the ball and it's not the worst thing. Worth the risk imo, could easily go 100+ over the next 5/6/7
Every chance McGrath doesn't come back too. Langers is definitely worth the risk.

Oct 6, 2020
Narre Warren South
AFL Club
Essendon
I love when I brought Langford up last week people hated it

now he’s the flavour of the month lol

100% in
Helps massively that he just played the best game of his career against the reigning premiers. Gives people confidence that his performance against teams like North is sustainable and not a fluke.

Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Helps massively that he just played the best game of his career against the reigning premiers. Gives people confidence that his performance against teams like North is sustainable and not a fluke.
His role has been good for a month now
Inside time coming with McGrath out
Perfect timing with impey and Heeney crapping the bed

I actually reckon Heppell may get some inside time now and Ridley will be freed up down back to get a bit more of the ball

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
Langford can average 80 playing on a wing, even if he gets less CBA's when Shield and McGrath return, he'll still be close to the ball and it's not the worst thing. Worth the risk imo, could easily go 100+ over the next 5/6/7

McGrath wont be back this season mate..

Oct 6, 2020
Narre Warren South
AFL Club
Essendon

I actually reckon Heppell may get some inside time now and Ridley will be freed up down back to get a bit more of the ball
Oh I know, Langers has been on fire since Stringer did his hammy against GWS. He's been allowed to be more attacking, compared to the first month or so of the season where he wasn't going near the forward fifty that much.

Don't think we'll move Heppell tbh. Think he's too important to the backline in terms of leadership and positioning. We'll try and cover McGrath's absence another way.

Not the time of the year for me to be taking risks. Six years and best average of 80. I guess this is where those holding trades have an advantage.

0660DE09-888A-4A6A-B679-1B793E2A9996.jpeg

McGrath and Caldwell aren't coming back any time soon.
Caldwell hasn’t played since Round 2, which was his second game for the Bombers. He’s had zero impact on Langford.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Not the time of the year for me to be taking risks. Six years and best average of 80. I guess this is where those holding trades have an advantage.

View attachment 1152908

Caldwell hasn’t played since Round 2, which was his second game for the Bombers. He’s had zero impact on Langford.

Langford has that hybrid role where he is taking CBA's and drifting forward kicking a goal or 3, similar to Stringer.

I reckon at $471k he is a no brainer.

With Reeves now unlikely and Zorko in the Principals office I’m down to 13 available 🤣

Do I kill the season & just hold trades, play the long game back from oblivion?….or

go balls out and do a MEGA TRADE and stay alive with 4 trades left over and field rooks long term @ D6 (Jones/Bianco) & F6 (CCJ/Wman)?

OUT: Short Oliver Heeney Weightman
IN: Neale Parish Bolton Duke

Team with 4 trades remaining

B: Laird Stewart Whitfield Ridley May Bianco
M: Bont Parish Macrae Steele Neale Zerrett Jelly TMitch
R: Gawn NicNat
F: Zorko Ziebell Bolton Greene Dusty
CCJ

FARQ THE BYES!

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
With Reeves now unlikely and Zorko in the Principals office I’m down to 13 available 🤣

Do I kill the season & just hold trades, play the long game back from oblivion?….or

go balls out and do a MEGA TRADE and stay alive with 4 trades left over and field rooks long term @ D6 (Jones/Bianco) & F6 (CCJ/Wman)?

OUT: Short Oliver Heeney Weightman
IN: Neale Parish Bolton Duke

Team with 4 trades remaining

B: Laird Stewart Whitfield Ridley May Bianco
M: Bont Parish Macrae Steele Neale Zerrett Jelly TMitch
R: Gawn NicNat
F: Zorko Ziebell Bolton Greene Dusty
CCJ

FARQ THE BYES!

No way would I be getting rid of Oliver mate.

Aug 23, 2018
God's country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bianchi

I don't see this happening. Heppell will stay where is. Ridley has done some really good lockdown jobs and that will probably continue

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers

Wholeheartedly endorse this.

Short term I see Stringer cutting into his bounces, but it seemed to work ok last match.

Shiel & Caldwell are a while off and Pidge even longer.

A 95 ave over that term isn't out of the question.

Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't see this happening. Heppell will stay where is. Ridley has done some really good lockdown jobs and that will probably continue
Only reason I raise this is because he’s got some fitness under his belt now and your midfield is cooked
Unless you throw guys like stringer dev smith Perkins in there now
Obviously parish Merrett Langford will be the main 3 now but it drops away substantially after that and Heppell may straighten you up

hope for fantasy sake he stays at half back but can see that tactic working

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I love when I brought Langford up last week people hated it

now he’s the flavour of the month lol

100% in

Same with Aaron Hall & me. All laughs 1 week when I posted it, the next week there was a small train, the next lots were trading him in.
While there is always a risk that history repeats itself, not every player is bad every year for their entire career, or a good pick every year for the entire career (Neale). Some players can have a good scoring year with a new role, Ala Parish, Langford and Hall.

Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Same with Aaron Hall & me. All laughs 1 week when I posted it, the next week there was a small train, the next lots were trading him in.
While there is always a risk that history repeats itself, not every player is bad every year for their entire career, or a good pick every year for the entire career (Neale). Some players can have a good scoring year with a new role, Ala Parish, Langford and Hall.
100% mate and getting on at that right time is key
Last year I had sour grapes from owning Steele in 2019 and week after week i ignored him cause I wasn’t convinced he was gonna break out
Ended up the second best mid of 2020 lol
I got Touk last week having learned from that mistake and was rewarded with a 153 on debut

hall is the best forward in supercoach at the moment and the role is awesome
Heeney crapping The bed and costing me hall this week is a frustration of the highest order

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
But Ceglar took his chance on Friday night, getting the better of in-form Swan Tom Hickey, who looked like he'll benefit from being able to rest his troublesome knee when the Swans have a bye in round 14.

"Hickey has been pivotal to Sydney's first half to the season, in terms of their clearance and first-use of the footy, and has provided that a lot as well as getting a lot of clearances himself. 'Cegs' was able to turn the tables on that tonight," Hawks coach Alastair Clarkson said.

"He was really, really strong in the contest for us. For as long as he plays like that he'll continue to play in the side.

That said ....Ceglar / McEvoy could play the O'brien role .....O'Brien again disappointing

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Still planning on May/Jordon to Merrett/Walsh. Depending on prices it should leave me with $40-50k which means I can do go Heeney to Jezza (not a great trade I know, but helps with scorers next round).

Would love to get rid of Impey too, but if his new price is $416k the best I can do will be $435k-ish and there is no one else I like around that price. Might just have to hold him for a week or two and deal with the price drop :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back