10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Out: Jordon, Rowe, Heeney, Berry

In: Kelly, Langford, Newcombe, Kmartey

3 trades left and 2 upgrades to go. 18 playing this week. 19 if Reeves comes in which is doubtful

4 trades available for this round but i doubt i use more than 2. I have a possible 21 players on field but it is likely Reeves, Madden & Briggs are out so i will probably be fielding 18 players before trades.

Right now im considering whether it is worth trading Short and Dev Robertson and grabbing 2 forwardline keepers this round (Hind & Smith) which would essentially finish my forwardline and leave me with 5 trades and only my R2 to upgrade. In the Short term (pun intended), i could field 19 players this round and get instant points from Hind & Smith. I would still have 5 backline keepers and Markov in defence with Laird at M9 so i would look to downgrade Markov in the following round to L.Edwards and swing Laird back. Then id have heaps of cash to upgrade CCJ/Treacy to Grundy when he returns. Only 3 trades leftover but a pretty good finished team. That is option 1

Option 2 is to just go Markov or Short> Hind/Smith/Greene and keep Dev.Robertson. This would leave 6 trades and just 1 forward to upgrade (plus R2). It is the more conservative option. More trades in hand and i can milk Dev.Robertson for longer.

Im leaning towards Short > Hind for instant payoff but then ill have Cumming/Newman/Markov sitting at D4-6 with Laird at M9. I likely trade Markov to a mid rookie next round to send Laird back. I guess the question im asking myself is how many more points (if any) will i get for keeping Short as my D5 over 1 of Newman/Cumming in the long run? If it is more than however many extra points i get this round plus the bonus of utilising an extra 75-80k then its probably not worth trading Short.

Lets say Short averages 10 more than one of Cumming/Newman, then that is 90 points rounds 15-23 while i will have 75-80k less to play with. That 75-80k could be the difference between another downgrade or a straight upgrade to Grundy when he returns. Plus, i have the instant bonus of playing 19 this round which can only reduce those 90 more points that Short could net me.

Of course the equation isnt that simple as i can always trade Short later and still use his $ to get Grundy. I dont get the instant bonus that i would get if i trade him this round but i might get extra points over Cumming/Newman for a while and if i need to use the extra money to get Grundy then i make the trade out of necessity.

I think all ive done with this post is confuse myself! :$ Hoping to regain some clarity over the next few days.

4 trades available for this round but i doubt i use more than 2. I have a possible 21 players on field but it is likely Reeves, Madden & Briggs are out so i will probably be fielding 18 players before trades.

Right now im considering whether it is worth trading Short and Dev Robertson and grabbing 2 forwardline keepers this round (Hind & Smith) which would essentially finish my forwardline and leave me with 5 trades and only my R2 to upgrade. In the Short term (pun intended), i could field 19 players this round and get instant points from Hind & Smith. I would still have 5 backline keepers and Markov in defence with Laird at M9 so i would look to downgrade Markov in the following round to L.Edwards and swing Laird back. Then id have heaps of cash to upgrade CCJ/Treacy to Grundy when he returns. Only 3 trades leftover but a pretty good finished team. That is option 1

Option 2 is to just go Markov or Short> Hind/Smith/Greene and keep Dev.Robertson. This would leave 6 trades and just 1 forward to upgrade (plus R2). It is the more conservative option. More trades in hand and i can milk Dev.Robertson for longer.

Im leaning towards Short > Hind for instant payoff but then ill have Cumming/Newman/Markov sitting at D4-6 with Laird at M9. I likely trade Markov to a mid rookie next round to send Laird back. I guess the question im asking myself is how many more points (if any) will i get for keeping Short as my D5 over 1 of Newman/Cumming in the long run? If it is more than however many extra points i get this round plus the bonus of utilising an extra 75-80k then its probably not worth trading Short.

Lets say Short averages 10 more than one of Cumming/Newman, then that is 90 points rounds 15-23 while i will have 75-80k less to play with. That 75-80k could be the difference between another downgrade or a straight upgrade to Grundy when he returns. Plus, i have the instant bonus of playing 19 this round which can only reduce those 90 more points that Short could net me.

Of course the equation isnt that simple as i can always trade Short later and still use his $ to get Grundy. I dont get the instant bonus that i would get if i trade him this round but i might get extra points over Cumming/Newman for a while and if i need to use the extra money to get Grundy then i make the trade out of necessity.

I think all ive done with this post is confuse myself! :$ Hoping to regain some clarity over the next few days.
I was all set to trade out Short but then he got a 120. When he plays like that, he is a clear top 6 def but he's just not consistent enough. But I will probably hold him now. Daniel and Markov at D5 and D6 are much more of an issue for me. But fair enough if you want to trade him, you're in a strong position this week so might as well go hard and make this your big week while others struggle to get 18 on the park.

I've had Hind from the start and he has been good but last couple of weeks he hasn't been great. He has had some long stretches during games where he does nothing, then saves his score with a big qtr. Maybe he was just gassed and needed a rest. I also feel he gets moved around a bit during the game, randomly thrown fwd. I'm preparing for a situation where I have to eventually upgrade him but hopefully not. If I were you I'd rather get Dale. Another one I'm looking at is Langford this week, great role recently and McGrath's injury should give him more inside mid time. Only concern is Shiel back soon.

I'm counting one of Hind and Gimpey to be a premo here on out

I was all set to trade out Short but then he got a 120. When he plays like that, he is a clear top 6 def but he's just not consistent enough. But I will probably hold him now. Daniel and Markov at D5 and D6 are much more of an issue for me. But fair enough if you want to trade him, you're in a strong position this week so might as well go hard and make this your big week while others struggle to get 18 on the park.

I've had Hind from the start and he has been good but last couple of weeks he hasn't been great. He has had some long stretches during games where he does nothing, then saves his score with a big qtr. Maybe he was just gassed and needed a rest. I also feel he gets moved around a bit during the game, randomly thrown fwd. I'm preparing for a situation where I have to eventually upgrade him but hopefully not. If I were you I'd rather get Dale. Another one I'm looking at is Langford this week, great role recently and McGrath's injury should give him more inside mid time. Only concern is Shiel back soon.

Shiel eh

Yeah i think ill do it, newman and cumming can stay at D5&6. I may go to langford actually. Then i probably get Smith later to complete my forwardline. Ill only have 3 trades for injuries down the stretch but that isnt too bad i guess.

My team this week before trades

Non-rookies:
Whit, Stew, Daniel, Markov
Crae, Taranto, Zerrett, JKelly, Titch
Hall, Ziebell, Hind

Rookies:
LJones
Newcombe
Waterman
Scott

I have 11 trades left and still need to upgrade Markov and potentially Daniel. My targets are Mills and Crisp.
Then I also need 2 more fwd premos - Zorko and Danger

I only have 16 playing so far but don't know what trades to do. My upgrade targets are all on their byes. Can't even cash up because the good rookies like Amartey and Edwads have their byes. Even if I wanted to do an upgrade, the rookies that are ready to be culled (Waterman, Scott, Jones?) are all playing this week. Poulter can make more cash and is a decent scorer on field, Bianco is not ready to be culled, Worrell I just got last week and is worth nothing.

Anyone planning to just field less than 18 this week and cop it on the chin? The problem is that I have a very weak 16, it includes Scott who isn't even good for 40 and "premos" like Daniel, Markov and Hind who would struggle to get 80. 1450 would be a stretch this week with the 16 I have.

My team this week before trades

Non-rookies:
Whit, Stew, Daniel, Markov
Crae, Taranto, Zerrett, JKelly, Titch
Hall, Ziebell, Hind

Rookies:
LJones
Newcombe
Waterman
Scott

I have 11 trades left and still need to upgrade Markov and potentially Daniel. My targets are Mills and Crisp.
Then I also need 2 more fwd premos - Zorko and Danger

I only have 16 playing so far but don't know what trades to do. My upgrade targets are all on their byes. Can't even cash up because the good rookies like Amartey and Edwads have their byes. Even if I wanted to do an upgrade, the rookies that are ready to be culled (Waterman, Scott, Jones?) are all playing this week. Poulter can make more cash and is a decent scorer on field, Bianco is not ready to be culled, Worrell I just got last week and is worth nothing.

Anyone planning to just field less than 18 this week and cop it on the chin? The problem is that I have a very weak 16, it includes Scott who isn't even good for 40 and "premos" like Daniel, Markov and Hind who would struggle to get 80. 1450 would be a stretch this week with the 16 I have.

Yeah tough position to be in but you certainly wont be the only one. I would tend to think that given there are still 10 rounds left, looking at the medium-long term is probably the best option given you said that all your upgrade targets are on their byes. So id probably lean towards copping it on the chin. It is a shame that other than Newcombe, there dont seem to be any good rookies to trade to for this round. You do have a fair few trades in hand but easing the pain of this round may cause more down the track.

Treacy to Amartey
Poulter to Smith (Geelong )

Or

Highmore to Edwards (Eagles))
Poulter to Smith (Geelong)

Will only have 17 players either way. Smith all I can afford without doing 3 trades. Sitting on that for now.
Surely you have a forward rookie who would be better to trade than Treacy?
You are considering trading out Highmore after he just scored 110 and secured his place in the St.Kilda backline???
Silly trades just to satisfy your team for one round.

I only have 15 for this week although Farrah would make 16 if he was surprisingly brought back.
I've made one trade bringing back Stephensen for Rowe.
I have 7 trades left with an upgrade in fwd and back still needed.

Surely you have a forward rookie who would be better to trade than Treacy?
You are considering trading out Highmore after he just scored 110 and secured his place in the St.Kilda backline???
Silly trades just to satisfy your team for one round.

Yeah, silly trades. But everything about this game is silly........including me!

Yeah, silly trades. But everything about this game is silly........including me!
I don't think those trades are that silly, maybe trading Highmore now is a bit silly but don't mind trading Treacy. If it saves you a trade by trading Treacy instead of some other fwd spud who hasn't made enough cash and if you are keen on Smith as a fwd premo, then just go for it.
Treacy could return to being a spud and only make another 60-70k. You could get an extra 100 points this week if you get Smith and he tons up. Seems like a pretty good trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Madden is back in and Lester apparently 3-4 weeks away with a hamstring. So is Madden worth getting now? Might have to get him, especially if the eagles rookies Edwards and Foley are in danger of missing when their injured players return.
I think it is potentially worthwhile given the timeframe of Lester's injury. His DPP may come in handy for you down the road too. I'm not sure he lasts more than 3-4 weeks but i still think he is a good buy.

Was looking at tanking this round but my cash league opponent is very beatable.

We'll both have Macrae, Merrett, Hall, Taranto, N Cox, and Impey. After that it's Miller, Ziebell, Docherty, Whitfield, Walsh, Markov, Weighman, Newcombe vs Daniel, Danniher, Ridley, Heppell, Jiath, Flynn, Bruhn, and A Fyfe. I should win that but he'll probably do some trades, so I think I need to bring in some players to make sure of the win.
Rookies on the chopping block are Murphy, Collier Dawkins, Rowe, Berry, McCreery. Murphy and McCreery probably have a bit of mooing left, so I'll probably go Collier- Dawkins, Rowe, Berry --> Madden, Briggs, I Smith.
Not too worried about carrying dead rookies as I will still have 12 trades left.

Think I will do P.Hunter to Amartey now. Going early I know, but want to make sure I have enough coin to get a premo next week

P.Hunter surely gets dropped as Marshall is expected to return. Amartey should hold his spot as well
I tried to do this during the Hawks game but they were locked out of trading. Might have to do a double downgrade this week now.

Was looking at tanking this round but my cash league opponent is very beatable.

We'll both have Macrae, Merrett, Hall, Taranto, N Cox, and Impey. After that it's Miller, Ziebell, Docherty, Whitfield, Walsh, Markov, Weighman, Newcombe vs Daniel, Danniher, Ridley, Heppell, Jiath, Flynn, Bruhn, and A Fyfe. I should win that but he'll probably do some trades, so I think I need to bring in some players to make sure of the win.
Rookies on the chopping block are Murphy, Collier Dawkins, Rowe, Berry, McCreery. Murphy and McCreery probably have a bit of mooing left, so I'll probably go Collier- Dawkins, Rowe, Berry --> Madden, Briggs, I Smith.
Not too worried about carrying dead rookies as I will still have 12 trades left.
How did you go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back