Trades Round 14 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't speak for anyone else, but for me it's because he's passed the eye test.

He's looking healthy and is gaining match fitness each week +
No danger of being dropped
I'm not that sure that his chances are all that low of playing out the season

Not trying to convince you, as I may well be proven to be wrong. But I traded in Wines in Rd 9 off the same hunch and it's working out well & my hunch now is that Fyfe will be good bench cover
Relaxed Security GIF

Fyfe passing the eye test.

I feel like Windy has slightly better job security, but i d say he lll have to play pretty well this weekend to keep his job.

I m gonna back him in, to my eye he looked pretty good last weekend but butchered it a bit.
Yeah that's how I saw it last week, seemed to get involved a fair bit. Watching the game I kept checking his score hoping he wouldn't get too high.

Bergman to Windy it is. Thanks for the 8 points last week campaigner.

Can't speak for anyone else, but for me it's because he's passed the eye test.

He's looking healthy and is gaining match fitness each week +
No danger of being dropped
I'm not that sure that his chances are all that low of playing out the season

Not trying to convince you, as I may well be proven to be wrong. But I traded in Wines in Rd 9 off the same hunch and it's working out well & my hunch now is that Fyfe will be good bench cover
Fair enough mate, each to their own. I thought he looked quite stiff and slow vs Richmond, but the class is still there.

I love Fyfe, but don't have the trades to risk him. Hope it works for you :thumbsu:

Keen to move Cincotta on, but there's literally no options :/ not sold on Sheldrick

Might just hold him til next week and hope someone comes up. Ideally need a M/F

I have 18 playing (13 prem/5 others) 9trades and 100k........do I need to trade Sharp to Windhager? asking for a friend;)
If you have 18, not worth it. Odds are his score doesn't even count.

Despite still needing to make a number of upgrades, I think I’ll hold. I have nearly a full 22.

Think I am set on Weddle and JVR to Sinclair and Maric. Gives me 18 this week.

Maric more likely to stick around than Buller and can't afford to splurge on Windy/Dev etc

Ok, you smart, sexy people, this is my current plan of attack for the next couple of weeks, wondering if you could take a look over it and check if there's any better options.

My current team looks like this:
Screenshot_2023-06-16-16-51-16-53.jpg
$38.4 K in the bank with 12 trades.

20 playing this week.
Potentially 16 playing next week assuming Darcy back and no other carnage.

The plan:
This week - Cincotta to Fyfe. I think that as long as his body holds up he should score reasonably well and earn a bit of money. Doesn't gain an extra player this week but it's more likely to be best 18, adds an extra body next week. He will then sit in F6 until his body falls apart. This pretty much wipes the bank ledger clean with 11 trades left.

Round 15 - (assuming Darcy is back) Briggs and Williams (goodbye sweet princes) out, should give me enough for to Piggy Oliver and Harrison or some other rookie via Seamus to Def. Should give me 19 playing hopefully, with 9 trades left.

I've then got a trade up my sleeve if I need to sideways someone. Finlayson is the interesting one, brought him in as a POD when we dropped Lycett, now Lycett is back Finny scores like a forward, so very up and down. Could sideways him to Cameron but is it worth the trade?

Round 16 - Ashcroft and Ford to whatever the best affordable M8 option is, potentially around the $550 mark, plus Maric. Would have 7 (possibly 6) trades in the pocket.

I'd come out of that with a team that looks like this:

Naicos, Stewart, Ziebell, Ridley, Day, Sheezel (S Mitchell, Constable)

Oliver, Bont, Laird, Zerrett, Neale, Brayshaw, Green, Cheapish Premo (Humphrey, Johnson, Drury)

Marshall, Darcy (Madden)

Dunkley, Taranto, Rozee, Finlayson, Gulden, Fyfe (Harrison, Maric).

It's not the best team in the world but the coverage seems solid so I reckon having 6 or 7 trades with that is doable. Then in an ideal world hold that down for a bit then eventually turn Fyfe + Johnson or whoever into a premo defender and reopen the DEF/FWD swing.

Can anyone see any glaring issues, or spot something that would work better?

I have 18 playing (13 prem/5 others) 9trades and 100k........do I need to trade Sharp to Windhager? asking for a friend;)
Will also give you an extra player next week, if that helps (and Windy stays in)? Don't think Sharp will be back, especially if the Lions win as expected tonight and Suitcase is back. Fletcher and Lohman should get two games in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do people think Mullin is any chance of playing again once over his injury?

Unsure .

We ain't in the spot to gift Kent's games .
Mullin still has a lot to try in AFL footy .

But cats keep getting inj tho .
Hardy and Willis might get some games down the track inside mids

Hard to read on what CS is doing

Mitch K was dropped after very good game vs WB ...and SC .

Despite still needing to make a number of upgrades, I think I’ll hold. I have nearly a full 22.
Update: Apparently I wasn’t reading properly and only have 17. Will go

Weddle > Sinclair
Brockman > Maric

Backline done.

Stumped with what to do with this team. 14 trades left, $130k.

I’m thinking:

Mitchell --> Fyfe
Weddle --> Ryan

Or … something else? Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 6.55.05 pm.png

Last edited:
Ok, you smart, sexy people, this is my current plan of attack for the next couple of weeks, wondering if you could take a look over it and check if there's any better options.

My current team looks like this:
View attachment 1714185
$38.4 K in the bank with 12 trades.

20 playing this week.
Potentially 16 playing next week assuming Darcy back and no other carnage.

The plan:
This week - Cincotta to Fyfe. I think that as long as his body holds up he should score reasonably well and earn a bit of money. Doesn't gain an extra player this week but it's more likely to be best 18, adds an extra body next week. He will then sit in F6 until his body falls apart. This pretty much wipes the bank ledger clean with 11 trades left.

Round 15 - (assuming Darcy is back) Briggs and Williams (goodbye sweet princes) out, should give me enough for to Piggy Oliver and Harrison or some other rookie via Seamus to Def. Should give me 19 playing hopefully, with 9 trades left.

I've then got a trade up my sleeve if I need to sideways someone. Finlayson is the interesting one, brought him in as a POD when we dropped Lycett, now Lycett is back Finny scores like a forward, so very up and down. Could sideways him to Cameron but is it worth the trade?

Round 16 - Ashcroft and Ford to whatever the best affordable M8 option is, potentially around the $550 mark, plus Maric. Would have 7 (possibly 6) trades in the pocket.

I'd come out of that with a team that looks like this:

Naicos, Stewart, Ziebell, Ridley, Day, Sheezel (S Mitchell, Constable)

Oliver, Bont, Laird, Zerrett, Neale, Brayshaw, Green, Cheapish Premo (Humphrey, Johnson, Drury)

Marshall, Darcy (Madden)

Dunkley, Taranto, Rozee, Finlayson, Gulden, Fyfe (Harrison, Maric).

It's not the best team in the world but the coverage seems solid so I reckon having 6 or 7 trades with that is doable. Then in an ideal world hold that down for a bit then eventually turn Fyfe + Johnson or whoever into a premo defender and reopen the DEF/FWD swing.

Can anyone see any glaring issues, or spot something that would work better?
Didn’t really read in depth as too long.
But Dawson would be a good target.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back