Round 14 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
pav will only be out for 2-3 weeks so im going to bench him and put on mitch brown..only got 3 trades left so im not taking any this week...looking to get rid of urquhart though and upgrading rich, mcglynn later on

I'd play M.Brown mate and bench Pavlich.

Your midfield could do with some re-gigging I reckon. This is what I would do -

Otten > rookie and Salopek to gun midfielder

OR

Cheney > Pearce/Silvester and then Otten or Salopek to gun midfielder.

That's what I'd do dude. :thumbsu:

This Silvester fellow... one game (granted he played well)... but a bit risky? I suppose no worse then Cheney.

Any tigers supporters able to comment? Was he injured earlier in the year? Is he likely to keep getting a game?

This Silvester fellow... one game (granted he played well)... but a bit risky? I suppose no worse then Cheney.

Any tigers supporters able to comment? Was he injured earlier in the year? Is he likely to keep getting a game?

He was only promoted onto the list last week if I recall correctly (given Richo is on LTI list). Has been playing for Coburg the last couple of years and is probably one of the most highly rated VFL defenders (which does not always result is sucess in AFL).

Jade Rawlings loves him and the way he goes about it, so no coincidence he got a game when Rawlings stepped in.

I think they will give him a couple of weeks and see how he goes, but the problem is we already have Moore, McGuane, Thursfield and Rance down there also. Someone has to make way as I can't see us playing all 5 every week.

Give it another week and see how we goes. Keep an eye put for Post also ... good chance he will debut in next week or so.

I need some advice folks - my first time on here so be gentle! Here is my dilemma:

Have Pav and Ziebel/Wade Thompson (Port) on the bench - as I see it I have 2 options
1, Trade out Pav for Chappy and leave myself no emergencies; or
2, Take a donut for the round, upgrade Ziebel to Harvey, and put Pav on the bench until he returns - that would mean Skipworth/Higgins would be my emergency

Thoughts?
8 trades and 120k left and only care about winning my league - coming 2nd at the moment!

I need some advice folks - my first time on here so be gentle! Here is my dilemma:

Have Pav and Ziebel/Wade Thompson (Port) on the bench - as I see it I have 2 options
2, Take a donut for the round, upgrade Ziebel to Harvey, and put Pav on the bench until he returns - that would mean Skipworth/Higgins would be my emergency

Thoughts?
8 trades and 120k left and only care about winning my league - coming 2nd at the moment!

For league win, definitely option 2 is better. Upgrade Ziebell now and holdout on Pav.

Thoughts?

Agree with the last poster

If you needed to definitely avoid the zero for your league match there are reasonable options up to $399 (Ziebell + your $120K) you could look at - Tredrea, Cam Mooney, Franklin, Le Cras, Betts are all averaging around 80 so.

However, if you have only 2 rookies in your forwards (sounds like you do?) you'd be better off downgrading Ziebell and use the cash somewhere else - now or at finals time. That way you cover your donut and get $190K. Not that there's heaps of options however Ballantyne is a popular choice.

What is Boomer's break even this week?

I could get him now if I did Rance > Silvester (depending if Rawlings continues to play him) then Walker > Boomer but if he is going to go down in price I might wait one more week.

It'd give me a forward line of;

Riewoldt, Pavlich (when fit), Deledio, Franklin, Stevie J, Higgins, Boomer
(Ballantyne, Macaffer)

Agree with the last poster

If you needed to definitely avoid the zero for your league match there are reasonable options up to $399 (Ziebell + your $120K) you could look at - Tredrea, Cam Mooney, Franklin, Le Cras, Betts are all averaging around 80 so.

However, if you have only 2 rookies in your forwards (sounds like you do?) you'd be better off downgrading Ziebell and use the cash somewhere else - now or at finals time. That way you cover your donut and get $190K. Not that there's heaps of options however Ballantyne is a popular choice.

Thanks - if 100% of peope agree that MUST be the way to go - was leaning that way but its amazing how you need validation for these life changing decisions!

What are peoples thoughts on Travis Cloke? I have Ziebell on the pine and want to trade him out but not sell the farm in the process. Other mid range forwards I'm looking at are Osbourne, Krakouer, Cambell Brown I'm toying with Bob Murphy as well.

The other options are trading in guys like Balantyne or Jurrah and starting Mitch Brown and Nahas while Pav heels up.

With 6 trades left do I downgrade and upgrade later or try my luck with an out of form mid ranged forward.

What are peoples thoughts on Travis Cloke? I have Ziebell on the pine and want to trade him out but not sell the farm in the process. Other mid range forwards I'm looking at are Osbourne, Krakouer, Cambell Brown I'm toying with Bob Murphy as well.

The other options are trading in guys like Balantyne or Jurrah and starting Mitch Brown and Nahas while Pav heels up.

With 6 trades left do I downgrade and upgrade later or try my luck with an out of form mid ranged forward.

Travis Cloke is the best player in the afl you should bring him in no doubt!

But seriously....

Look elsewhere, Murphy and Osbourne are better options in my opinion. Had Cloke in my 2nd team, was bitterly disapointing along with Thomas early on.

Travis Cloke is the best player in the afl you should bring him in no doubt!

But seriously....

Look elsewhere, Murphy and Osbourne are better options in my opinion. Had Cloke in my 2nd team, was bitterly disapointing along with Thomas early on.

lol, I was looking at him during the week and when I saw he scored over 100 I was thinking.. he's back! Till I heard it was 4th qtr junk/garbage stats against a Freo team who gave up.. Look, he may improve but I'd wait to see some consistency.

If you have to trade.. Look at (Depending on cash money available) Robbie Gray, Bobby Murphy or even Dessie Headland (As long as he wasn't out drinking with Soloman and McVeigh!) if you feel risky!

lol, I was looking at him during the week and when I saw he scored over 100 I was thinking.. he's back! Till I heard it was 4th qtr junk/garbage stats against a Freo team who gave up.. Look, he may improve but I'd wait to see some consistency.

If you have to trade.. Look at (Depending on cash money available) Robbie Gray, Bobby Murphy or even Dessie Headland (As long as he wasn't out drinking with Soloman and McVeigh!) if you feel risky!

Yeah I'll probably should go with a Bulldog and take Bob. He is starting to look a lot better and with Gia out he may have a stronger production.

After being ranked 79 after rd 2, the trading part of the game has me placed 845, I have made some stupid trades, Injuries havent been to bad. The following is my team, & trades I plan to do for the rest of the year.Please feel free to pick it apart.

7 Trades Left, $402,000 in the bank.

B Goodard, Gilbert, Adcock, Gilbee, Hoops, Grimes, Broughton (Grima, Pearce)

M Ablett, Judd, Bartel, Gibbs, Cooney, Rich (Muston, Robbo)

R Cox, Macca (Jacobs,Spencer)

F Roo, S.Johno, Pav, Deledio, Roughead, Franklin, Krakouer (Brown, Thompson)

This Week Krakouer >>> Chappy/Didak ( Cop a 0 for Cox )
Hoops >>> Hodge/Fisher

Next Week Muston >>> Anthony

Week after Robbo / Rich >>> Pendlebury (Depending on $$)
Broughton >>> Drummond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'm thinking of just making one trade, ziebell out, porplyzia in. will leave me with about 25k left and four trades

team would look like this

goddard, gilbee, gilbert, drummond, broughton, grimes, lockyer, em hill, pearce

ablett, judd, selwood, gibbs, nds, rich, em robinson, muston

cox, mcintosh, em vickery, spencer

s johnson, chapman, porplyzia, fev, franklin, higgins, deledio, em walker, brown.

advisable or do something different?

4 Trades and just over $205,000 in the kitty:eek:

Goddard - Newman - Fisher - Mackie - Hurn - Grimes - Broughton (Pearce & Petrenko)

Ablett - Judd - Bartel - Selwood - Adcock - Rich (Muston & Anthony)

Cox - Mac (White & Spencer)

Roo - Johnson - Pav - Brown - Deledio - Buddy - Lucas (Warren & Macaffer)

---

Ive been decimated by injuries this season and obviously the trades have to last but I'm planning on:

Warren to Ballantyne to cover for Pav:confused: or Pav to Boomer?

Trading one of Adcock and Rich (near finals time) to maybe Harvey, Hodge, Pendles, Cross etc

Possibly Broughton or Grimes(near finals time) to Hodge, Gilbee, Drummond

Thoughts?

My lot this week:

B: Goddard, Fisher, Newman, Pratt, Ellis, Grimes, Broughton (Suban, Raines)
M: Ablett, Dal Santo, Judd, Selwood, Gibbs, Rich (Coughlan, Muston)
R: Cox, Gardiner (Jacobs, Spencer)
F: Riewoldt, Deledio, Franklin, J Brown, Higgins, Krakouer, Skipworth (Rioli, Sidebottom)

I spent pretty much all I had saved last week bringing in Riewoldt and Pratt (tossed up between he and Lake- grrr). This week I’m thinking of cashing out Raines and Coughlan for a couple of rookies, then sitting tight for a few weeks in the hope that my lads all stay fit and score OK. That said, the two best performing starting price rookies from last week are first-gamers Anthony and Silvester, so I could quite easily hold off and see how they go this week. I’ve got 7 trades left currently, so if I do this I’ll have around $450K and 5 trades left to upgrade with come finals time. Seem reasonable?

Anyone got ideas about these two, or other likely candidates if I’m to take this path? Cruize Garlett and Danny Meyer are both on 2 games- are they likely to string a few together? Haven’t had a chance to see any of these guys in action yet, so can only go by the stats.

My other pressing problem is of course my ruck division- I could trade Jacobs out for a rookie as extra cover (I notice Myke Pyke is in the extended interchange this week), or jump on board the Naitanui express and hope he keeps his spot once Coxy’s back. Doesn’t really make me any cash, but I wouldn’t mind another ruck option who might actually play.

Perhaps Coughlan> Anthony / Jacobs > Naitanui? Carlton folks- is Jacobs likely to get (m)any games once he returns?

Should I trade in D Rich? He is on my bench but if I trade him down to L Anthony then I can finish my forward line and have extra cash to finish my backs in a few weeks time. 7 trades left at the moment.

Thoughts?

Can someone please start a poll on how many trades people will have left after Round 14 lockout? Got no idea how and reckon it would be interesting..

Help me decide

Option 1. Pick 2 of Davey, Harvey, Pertrie, SJ and Porpz
Option 2. Bradshaw and Riewoldt

That is a tough one. I'd probably go Option 2, just. I assume your forward line is decent and with Riewoldt in there it will boost it, and Bradshaw is pretty good player as well. :thumbsu:

Can you help me with my problem? A couple of posts above.

That is a tough one. I'd probably go Option 2, just. I assume your forward line is decent and with Riewoldt in there it will boost it, and Bradshaw is pretty good player as well. :thumbsu:

Can you help me with my problem? A couple of posts above.
I like that situation. If you are looking for cash, Anthony would only cost you at most 10 points a week, but you cover that with your upgrade, plus 300k

My forward line atm is

Pav, Chapman, JBrown, Deledio, Gia, Higgins, ROK.

So it would become

Roo, ROK, Chapman, Brown, Lids, Higgins, Bradshaw

OK well my one trade this week will either set me up for a league win or destroy my season. I am in 7th spot, tied on points with 6th and 8th, averaging 2114 per round.

10 trades and 92k left:

• This week Rd 14 I play ladder leader, will lose with no Cox and trade Ziebell -> McKernan/Balantyne gives me 276k -> Yarran/Vickery a bit less than that.
  • Next week Rnd 15 win easily but trade before the bubble - Sidebottom -> L. Anthony & Houlihan -> Silvester (Richmond 94) = $435k cash back for 7 trades left and 711k total
  • Rnd 16 no trades and win easily
  • Rnd 17 - Pavlich and Cornes return and I play a hard opponent
  • Rnd 18 no trades and win easily
  • Rnd 19 - Upgrade Walker (~260k) to Premium (~570k) and Krakouer (~330k) to Premium (~570k) leaving 5 trades left and $161k
  • Rnd 20 - Upgrade Rich (~430k) to premium (~650k), Downgrade Anthony/Robinson (~350k) to Rookie leaving 3 trades left and 291k

My Lineup after Rnd 20:
Goddard, Lockyer, Enright, Gilbert, Adcock, Grimes, Cornes (Silvester, Petrenko)
Ablett, Dal Santo, Judd, Selwood, Gibbs, Premium (Anthony, Robinson)
Cox, Gardiner (Jacobs, Spencer)
Riewoldt, McMahon, Deledio, Higgins, Pavlich, Premium, Premium (Rookie, M. Brown)

• Rnd 21 - Upgrade Gardiner to Sandilands leaving 2 trades left and $0
  • Rnd 22 - Downgrade Robinson/Silvester/M. Brown to rookie for $190k and upgrade whoever is injured/underperforming.

My other option is to trade Ziebell straight to Lance Franklin this week to cover the donut for having Ziebell, Pavlich and Walker, leaving me less money to do the above, meaning only one premium forward in Rd 19.

Will Franklin improve, is Yarran/Vickery worth the extra $? Should I do the inevitable Sidebotton to Anthony trade this week and give McKernan and Ballantyne another week to strut their stuff and Franklin another week to drop? Should I trade Rich out for Anthony and keep Sidebum on the pine for the extra $150k this would bring?

Decisions, Decisions! Feedback would be great!

Sounds like a good plan.
I went early on Anthony this week, as i want to fix the fwd line with two trades next week.

JBrown, Higgins, Deledio, Franklin, JRiewoldt, Walker, Dowler
Zibell, Sidebum.

It needs some work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back