Review Round 14 vs North Melbourne @ Metricon Stadium (30/8/20 at 6:10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Praise: Good win, you're a good young side and they could play finals as early as next year. :thumbsu:
Critique: What was Dew thinking in tagging LDU? Did he think North were an actual chance of winning? :D
He is your only midfielder who has been any sort of damaging the last month, wasn't really a tag just swallow went to him and comprehensively beat him

Hard. Lockdown. Tag.

It was like starting a 17 year old in an under 13's race, and then giving them a 10 metre head start.
Hey snake you had a bit to say on your board about the umpires ripping North off. The umpiring was bad but surely both teams suffered

Hey snake you had a bit to say on your board about the umpires ripping North off. The umpiring was bad but surely both teams suffered

It wasn't good and IMO the Suns boys definitely had the better rub of the green as the match petered out.

It's not significant in the win, I was more bringing up the point that so many other sides are clever in utilising stunts to milk free kicks and our blokes are too stupid to do it.

Geelong are out & out masters of this crap. No one comes close to them.

I was more disappointed in Dew tagging LDU, as I thought that was OTT. Otherwise, there's no complaints from me about the result. You have a very good young side gelling and I suspect you will give the finals a nudge as soon as next year. Best wishes.

Last edited:
It wasn't good and IMO the Suns boys definitely had the better rub of the green as the match petered out.

It's not significant in the win, I was more bringing up the point that so many other sides are clever in utilising stunts to milk free kicks and our blokes are too stupid to do it.

Geelong are out & out masters of this crap. No one comes close to them.

I was more disappointed in Dew tagging LDU, as I thought that was OTT. Otherwise, there's no complaints from me about the result. You have a very giood young side gelling and I suspect you will give the finals a nudge as soon as next year. Best wishes.
Why was it OTT? Because it worked?

I didn't even know Swallow tagged LDU - but I do know that he's always been a player that pays careful attention to his own man. In either case, it definitely worked. LDU is a future gun IMO and limiting his influence was a great idea, however we best do that. Spitta still picked up a heap of touches himself and had some shots on goal, so if he can do that as well as keeping LDU out of it, then awesome.

went to the game, for mine this was a REAL make or break game for Dewy and the crew.

We were expected to win and therein lied the danger. Throw in the turmoil last week of the Solly thing in the news and the let down of losing would have been amplified.

We should have completely put them to the sword but at some point we realised we were going to win regardless and kicked into another gear.

Loved the game was a real rush to win last night and set up some more hope for the end of the year and not repeat what happened last year........... Hughy was awesome, so was our entire backline, Ainsworth went up a level last night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I re-watched the game and have to say I did not notice Dave tagging LDU. Just checked 5 random center stoppages in 2nd half - not even once was Dave lined-up on LDU. 2x Weller, 1x Anderson, 2x Greenwood.
No way Dave was tagging LDU
I just think that was the match up North were left with
It's one of the rare times our mids have won every matchup
Greenwood Weller Miller Anderson were all dominant which left Dave and his Dodgy Knee playing on a junior mid
This is actually what we're aiming for believe it or not-mid rotation mismatches
It's like having Budders playing on Riewoldt

Definitely good to be back in the winners circle. So much more confident of a win this year compared to Previous years. As a Victorian, there has been a huge change of attitude towards the Suns with people in my circles. For years it was almost embarrassing to admit you’re a suns member. But now people actually say, geez, the suns are gonna be bloody good. But that will be short lived when we become pretty dominant in 3-5 years time, that’s when all the whinging will start about us getting concessions and gifted premierships. But I couldn’t give a * what they say. Been through all the bad times, time to start enjoying the good ones.

Definitely good to be back in the winners circle. So much more confident of a win this year compared to Previous years. As a Victorian, there has been a huge change of attitude towards the Suns with people in my circles. For years it was almost embarrassing to admit you’re a suns member. But now people actually say, geez, the suns are gonna be bloody good. But that will be short lived when we become pretty dominant in 3-5 years time, that’s when all the whinging will start about us getting concessions and gifted premierships. But I couldn’t give a fu** what they say. Been through all the bad times, time to start enjoying the good ones.
Those are the times I look forward to the most

watching the replay, swallow was definitely not tagging LDU. saw them together at a stoppage twice in the first half.

a commentator made a comment that swallow was tagging him midway through the second quarter, but if anything swallow appeared to be going head to head with whatever midfielder lined up next to him.

regardless, it's nice to be able to watch the replay after a win again!

It wasn't in any way necessary.

IMO, it showed a lack of confidence by the coach.
Cant comment specifics of the match up - didn't notice it on the night
Perhaps you try things in games you have strong confidence you can win so you can carry them onto more difficult games?

Swallow did not tag LDU. Did that North supporter even watch the game?

James Brayshaw IQ = 4
He is very one eyed even his own supporters where laughing at his suggestions that the umpires where a major factor in the loss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back