Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
I cant stand the Bombers. There is other rival clubs that we have had run ins with ie Sydney are a close second but even they pale in comparison to these jacket waving, windsock tying, injecting, away final played at MCGing, throat slashing gesturing, Lucas 7 goals in a quarter costing us a home finaling, Hird averaging 30 + 3 against us-ing, getting pick one because of the punishment for cheating & Misiti deliberately tripping Cousins getting him injured for a long period in '99ing.
Im probably forgetting something...
The Bombers supporter who got Kempy in a headlock on the fence one day which Essendon and the VFL/AFL did precisely nothing about.

We need to prove it

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Good post. No mention of TippingWoody? can be a slight threat.
It's a cliche, but all I know about this game is that it's a must win!
We must come out proactive and ready to rumble.
We must have a decent gameplan and an ace up the sleeve?
If NN, Barrass, Ahchee or Masten are surprise ins, then let's hope it's to our advantage,
can't afford another strange or wasted selection(Smith/Swans)
You'd hope to see a strong cohesive attacking team on the front foot- a premiership team,
making a statement in its opening game in the run for the finals?
We expected similar for the Swans game and got sliced+diced.
Shuey insisted the Eagles were switched on with a decent game plan,
but the Swans were just too good!? (ouch)(does that say something, apart from Hurn+Yeo being out?)
Come on, Bring on the real Eagles! Payback time!

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Round 18:
West Coast Vs Essendon Or:
Going in Far Too Early with Fraser McInnes

This was the worst game I went to last year.

Or, I mean, the one that took place in 2018. I had to sit in the freezing cold while literal drug cheats smashed us. Then we pegged it back a little, and it ended up being a 28 point loss.

Our twin towers were injured heading into the game, and LeGod stuffed up his wrist in an injury that effectively forced him into retirement. There were many, many horrible things from that match.

Fraser McInnes was supposed to be BOG that day, too. Five goals, that was what I was looking forward to, and he probably went the exact opposite way. 0.3 was all he could manage as our spearhead. I was honestly expecting a day out from him after the couple of games he played in 2018. Unfortunately, it just didn't eventuate.

I still love FMac, he's a deadset legend and top bloke - but I definitely went in far too early for that game. Or, maybe, a better expression would be "jumped the shark". I'm not sure what the right term is. All I know is that I was incredibly shortsighted and brass with that call.

Arrogant, even.

Anyway, the forces of evil had way too much run through the middle. In horrible conditions and with too much speed (and I don't just mean of the running variety), they killed us off the half back line with Saad and McKenna. Slyce missed from the goal line and Shuey kicked an absolute pearler in the last:
giphy.gif

After ruining his goal after the siren against Port, Basil Zempilas was also
given the opportunity to tarnish this brilliant piece of Shuey vision.

That was the only good thing from that game.

And now we come up against peptides in the same circumstances. We had an embarrassing loss in our last game (we won against St Kilda, but there was similar uncertainty), we're coming off the bye, and it's going to be cold. I'll also have to miss ammo's training to go to this game, same as last year.

These aren't good omens.

However, when looking up the score, something interesting happened. I always forget this, but when you go into the "Fixtures" section of the AFL website, it always displays the last game of the season you select:
1GyiGBM.jpg

Clearly, it appears that we do have a destiny, and it is to go B2B

In all seriousness though, this should be a good game on our road to the 2019 premiership. HickGod will lay some campaigners out, our premiership captain and midfield beast are coming back, and Nic is finally getting some game time.

Selections:
Based on their changes thread, I think the Essendon will go in like this:
B: Ambrose - Hooker - Saad
HB: McKenna - Hurley - Redman
C: McGrath - Clarke - Merrett
HF: Begley - Lavarde - Fantasia
FF: McDonald-Tipungwuti - McKernan - Francis
R: Bellchambers - Shiel - Heppell
Int: Parish - Guelfi - Langford - Zaharakis

IN: Aaron Francis
OUT: Jake "THE PACKAGE" Stringer

That midfield looks so good on paper that it's basically made of paper. You got a poor, poor, poor man's Judd (Shiel), undeserved winner of the 2011 Rising Star Dyson Heppell, Jackson Merrett's younger brother and Tom Bellchambers. In all seriousness though, it definitely does have a lot of talent in there. Clarke has proven to be an incredibly effective tagger and when they click, they really do click. Zaharakis provides a good outlet when running through the middle, and they have plenty of options to spice things up. Their KPDs are as good as anyone in the comp - Hurley has been killing it for a while, and Hooker can do some damage if thrown forward.

Their biggest strength, though, are those halfbacks. Saad and McKenna murdered us last time, and they've kept it up well into 2019. A big part of beating the Dons is stopping that speed running through the middle - it has especially proven a weakness for us, so we'll hopefully have a plan to deal with. Overall, Essenscums's defence is actually one of their major strengths this year; our forwardline should have their hands full.

Their forwardline, though, is missing a big piece, and that is Joe Daniher. The man with the gross moustache is an essential part of Essendon's lineup, and they've had to make do with a pletherough of smalls and Shaun McKernan.

Before I forget, I should also mention they don't have Jake "THE MAN" Stringer, the next Gary Ablett Snr (according to the Herald Sun in 2015).

That's not to say it's bad, though. Certainly undermanned, but they do have quite a bit of firepower. Fantasia and Tippa are seriously dangerous when on.

However, with all this said, Essendon have been quite flakey this year. Many respected reporters, such as Robert Walls, tipped them to be a premiership contender with the team they've assembled. But they haven't found the momentum and consistency to get running, so they're currently sitting outside the eight.

The have found some recent form, though, so we have to be on our A game.

For us, I think we'll be going out like this:
B: Hurn - Schofield - Duggan
HB: Sheppard - McGovern - Jetta
C: Gaff - Yeo - Redden
HF: Cripps - Darling - Petrucelle
F: Allen - Kennedy - Ryan
R: HickGod - Sheed - Shuey
Int: Waterman - Hutchings - Ah Chee - Cole

IN: Yeo, Hurn, Allen, Ah Chee

OUT: Vardy (susp.), Rioli (susp.), Smith, Rotham

I think we'll get Ah Chee in, along with the players who were injured. Redden could be moved to wing, which he played fantastically well on last year, or Cripps could be shifted up. The balance of the side is pretty crucial, so I think we'll only bring in one tall (OAllen) to replace both Vardy and Rotham.

HickGod should ruck solo with help from OAllen and Darling.

Sheep should take either Tippa or Fantasia, while we should have Petrucelle making sticking with Saad, and McKenna should have his hands full with Ryan. I expect Hutchings to tag Merrett, while Clarke will go with Yeo, freeing Shuey up.

This game will be won and lost in the forwardline for us - I'd expect our midfield to get on top of theirs, we just have to shutdown Saad and McKenna, and limit the damage Redman could do.

Key Matchups:
* Josh Kennedy & Jack Darling Vs Cale Hooker & Micheal Hurley:
This will go a big way to deciding the match. If JK or JD can get off the leash, that'll go a long way to winning, but another important thing to note is that Hurley is in AA form, or somewhere close to it. His ability to accumulate the ball as a backman is pretty insane, so JD will have to keep an eye on him. Of the two, I'm certain Hooker will go to JK, so it should be a good one on one battle.

* Clarke Vs Yeo/Shuey:
Who Clarke tags will have a pretty big impact on the game. When you tag one, the other gets off the hook - it's played a large part in Shuey winning the Norm Smith, since Greenwood went to Yeo in the GF. Either way, one of them won't be getting as much attention as the other, and Essendon don't exactly have the midfield beast to go with either. One should get off the hook and have a big game.

* Petrucelle Vs Saad/McKenna:
Is Saad or McKenna faster than Petrol? I have absolutely no clue, but it would be pretty even. We have to keep a close eye on both. Petrucelle should be given the goal on Thursday of shutting down one of them to ensure they basically have no impact of the game. This has both the benefit of giving Petrol a single goal to focus on (he's been down on form recently), while also quelling their biggest advantage over us. This matchup will be decisive in the outcome of the game.

* Hutchings Vs Merrett/Shiel/Heppell:
Essendon have plenty have good of options in the middle, but I think Hutchings will head to Merrett. His skills of either foot and delivery into the forward 50 have been pretty important for Essendon in their good run of form lately, so Hutchings will hopefully shut him out of the game.

* HickGod Vs Bellchambers:
There will be no contest. Bellchambers has been missing for the past 4 days.

* Sheppard Vs ORRRRRAAAAZZZZIIIIOOOOO FFFAAAANNNNTTTTAAASSSSIIIAAA/Tippa:
Sheppard wants that goddamn flag. I've seen it in his eyes, and it's been evident in the way he's been playing. Shepp has been in fantastic form this year, and he'll probably go to BT's favourite name to butcher. He's been in a good run of form, Fantasia, so it should be an entertaining battle.

Prediction:

West Coast by 5 Fraser McInnes Ressies Goals

(Or after the siren)
I come in peace.

Think Patty Ambrose will go to Darling, they're both great athletes. Ambrose is having a career year as our lockdown guy and we know the damage JD can do when he's on.

This game was our best win in an otherwise mostly dismal year last year and you guys obviously turned it around from that point and went onto much bigger and better things. I'm sure Simmo took quite a bit out of the game and you'll have a better look at us this time. Looking forward to the game and all the best.

PS. Spewing you guys don't have Lycett this year to repeat his "fresh-airy" on the goal line!

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
Masten keeping Rioli's spot warm for 1 week..
So happy Waterman is out. The balance is better for talls. (HOW MANY TIMES HAS JAKE BEEN DROPPED NOW? LOL)
J Cameron to have a blinder.
Rioli in for Masten
Barrass for Schoey
NN for Allen next week. Unless NN is up to the number 1 Ruck role.

Carn WCE.
Like Tommy Cole getting dropped for Nelson.
Would like for Watson to come into this role.(Wirrpanda like)

lol.

Naitanui will be in for Cameron. Rioli for Masten.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
Cole out.. this is ****en ********

Reactionary by the MC, sure he's got things to work on but he's a scapegoat for low pressure efforts and loose team mates.

He's a better footballer and a much better painter than Nelson.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Reactionary by the MC, sure he's got things to work on but he's a scapegoat for low pressure efforts and loose team mates.

He was good in Narcos as well

EdCurnowRules

All Australian
Sep 15, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast

I suppose sometimes these blokes are sent back for not playing their best footy even though the replacement may not give as much as the initially dropped player was giving in the first place. I thought Cole was pretty good early against the swans but faded, and can definitely play better than that. Without knowing for sure who the better dancer would be it’s fairly logical that it would be Cole, mostly because Jack Nelson couldn’t possibly be a good dancer could he? Just take a look at the guy

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
Watching a bit of Essendon lately and the player nobody mentions who is killing the pig is Mcgrath.That little tick is their linkman.He works hard back and forward and rarely wastes a kick.He is the man that Hutch should go to.He is unobtrusively doing a lot of damage.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Watching a bit of Essendon lately and the player nobody mentions who is killing the pig is Mcgrath.That little tick is their linkman.He works hard back and forward and rarely wastes a kick.He is the man that Hutch should go to.He is unobtrusively doing a lot of damage.
No point in tagging sheil we dont want to stop his turnovers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back