Autopsy Round 15 – GWS Giants vs Carlton, Thursday 3rd September 2020, Metricon Stadium, 7.10PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
7AB8721B-EBF7-4A83-9C62-7BABF8C7E63A.png

9TH v 12TH

2020 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP
Round 15 • GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY V CARLTON
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 3RD 7:10PM AEST (METRICON)

ROUND 15 TEAMS

GIANTS

B: N.Haynes, L.Keeffe, H.Shaw
HB: A.Kennedy, A.Corr, L.Ash
C: H.Perryman, M.de Boer, L.Whitfield
HF: B.Daniels, J.Cameron, D.Lloyd
F: T.Greene, H.Himmelberg, J.Riccardi
FOLL: S.Mumford, S.Coniglio, J.Hopper

I/C: T.Taranto, Z.Williams, J.Finlayson, B.Hill
EMG: J.Caldwell, S.Reid, S.Jacobs, Z.Langdon

IN: J.Finlayson
OUT: J.Kelly (concussion)

BLUES

B: K.Simpson, L.Jones, T.Williamson
HB: S.Docherty, J.Weitering, S.Petrevski-Seton
C: J.Newnes, P.Cripps, M.Cottrell
HF: P.Dow, L.Casboult, M.McGovern
F: E.Betts, H.McKay, Z.Fisher
FOLL: M.Pittonet, E.Curnow, J.Martin

I/C: C.Polson, W.Setterfield, S.Walsh, M.Murphy
EMG: M.Kennedy, D.Cunningham, H.Macreadie, T.De Koning

IN: M.Cottrell, M.McGovern, S.Petrevski-Seton
OUT: M.Gibbons (soreness), L.Plowman (injured), T.De Koning (omitted)

From Land of the Giants preview:

I’ve just about given up trying to predict this team.

Humiliated at the same venue only a couple of weeks ago, we’ve now produced our biggest win in the west – which could have been even bigger – against a team notoriously difficult to beat on their own turf. You can’t tell me it’s not an attitude thing on our part.

But there’s no point in celebrating, because we’ve put ourselves in a position where our last four games are effectively elimination finals.

First up, we host the somewhat resurgent Blues at Metricon on Thursday night. They will be quietly confident, given their own recent form and our inconsistency, plus the fact we have to travel from Perth to Brisbane, while they’re already settled in Queensland (as much as any team can be “settled” in this crazy season).

Unfortunately, we’ll be without Josh Kelly for a while after that nasty concussion, and he’s kind of hard to replace. Someone will probably be moved into the midfield to cover for him, with either Tom Green, Hately or Caldwell plugging the gap they leave. We held on OK after Kelly left the field at half time anyway, at least up until those junk time goals for Fremantle.

Jake Riccardi continued his great performance from last week and seems to be playing like the proverbial rabbit pulled from a hat. He’s provided the spark up front that’s been missing for a while. I think TOJ’s days as a Giant might be numbered.

There’s not much else to say, is there? It’s a simple equation over the next 3 crowded weeks.

I just hope we haven’t left our run too late.

I have the same comment as last week. Win, and we stay alive for finals. Lose, and we've wasted the year. Hopefully last week's team turns up - in which case we'll win and stay alive another week.

Our destiny is in our own hands.

Let's Go Giants and give Carlton the blues!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back