Preview Round 15, 2017: Hawthorn v Collingwood, 2 July 2017, 3.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratton for duryea?
will be great to get stratts back and it will work this week with brand being the only key pos defender in the team,
but i have reservations in the future having chip brand and stratts in the same back 6

Hope there's no change. If we are in rebuild mode Statton should'nt be an automatic selection. No player deserves to be dropped on last weeks effort.

Hmm, nah. Yes we played well but I don't wanna live in a world where Stratton gets held out by a few guys that have played like 1 great game this year. We need stoppers desperately.

No good getting games, he has been gifted buckets last year and this year. Take the game on, like Sisco did last week or get the fk outta town I reckon...
Well he took it on last week so I guess that means he can stay in town for at least another week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last one in, first one out.

Strats in, Schoey out.

ROUND 15 TEAM
Hawthorn v Collingwood
MCG
Sunday 2 July, 3.20pm

B: Blake Hardwick, Kaiden Brand, Ben Stratton
HB: Ryan Burton, Grant Birchall, Luke Hodge
C: Isaac Smith, Tom Mitchell, Billy Hartung
HF: Luke Breust, Jack Gunston, Liam Shiels
F: Tim O’Brien, Jarryd Roughead, Paul Puopolo
R: Ben McEvoy, Shaun Burgoyne, Will Langford
INT: Ricky Henderson, Taylor Duryea, James Sicily, Ryan Schoenmakers, Dallas Willsmore, Daniel Howe, Kurt Heatherley

Changes:

IN: Stratton, Willsmore, Heatherley

Well he took it on last week so I guess that means he can stay in town for at least another week?

I just want him to break the lines crypt, to me he seems too busy running backwards when he see's traffic and ends up off-loading to a player stationary most times...Sicily last week, used his pace and broke the lines numerous times, Billy needs to do the same thing...otherwise, he is expendable, in my view

Likely that Doc or Schoe will make way. Players named in the 18 rarely go when it narrows down to 22. Henderson, Sicily, Howe would all seem very unlikely to go if fit.

Like for like change would be Stratts for Doc. Schoey straightened us up big time and his disposal is a weapon. Howe, Hendo and Sicily were among our best last week.

Doc is unlucky but them's the breaks.

I'll be disappointed if schoenmakers gets dropped.
I've been saying for over a year that he fills a vital role in CHB/CHF, and he finally got to play that role against Adelaide, and looked good
He looked so good. He wasn't just being a big body to crash packs or draw a defender away he was allowed/instructed to get on his bike and we played through him. I think his meters gained stat might be interesting for someone of his relatively low possession count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back