Autopsy Round 15, 2017: Sydney def Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

So who then if Smith is out? For me it's Foote or BJ. I'd like BJ'S pace in that spot. Reckon that could be a good spot for him. Prob not on your wish list either though.

Whys smith out?

If smith was an only out id just bring sinclair back and play 2 rucks

Or dawson seems to be in form

Footes a list clogger

Just watched replay and post match interviews etc.

Fantastic win and if not inaccuracy would have won by 10 goals. The 1 ruckman worked to perfection. Mcveigh proved me to wrong and please take the kick in duties so i dont have to stress when i see Lloyd doing it.

I love the way Bugg comes out and says it wasn't his intention to hurt him. Wtf if you punch someone in the face what is your intention then? The post match interview with him and the subsequent discussion is cringe worthy, they almost make it out as if he's the victim. Jonathon Brown is saying what a good bloke Thomas Bugg is. It wasn't til the end of the discussion that roos actually says i hope Mills is alright. If i did that in the pub i watched the game at last night i would have been quite rightly charged with assault. There would be no discussion of how good a bloke i am.

I don't honestly think that punch came from the rational part of his brain. More likely a 'fight or flight' response which can be an unthinking reaction. Looked that way to me. It's what footy people call a "brain snap" and comes from a primitive place in our brains.
He'll go for six weeks probably, it needs to be stamped out. But let's not crucify the bloke for a momentary failure of his reasoning brain function to overcome his survival instincts.
His interview was pure pr speak. Could've been less controlled and more "him" for sure.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight-or-flight_response#Cognitive_components

Whys smith out?

If smith was an only out id just bring sinclair back and play 2 rucks

Or dawson seems to be in form

Footes a list clogger
Reports of iced calf from memory. Never a good sign in a player of his vintage. We'll need a small defender next week if he misses and going forward given Smith's age, though I suppose Marsh could handle Stevie J and Greene who aren't real quick.
We haven't tried anyone there even when Smith's form was diabolical. He's been so good for so long, just wondering who would cover that spot.

Florent reminds me off vespremi
Naaah. Florent runs a lot more and is much less selfish. Doesn't do really over-the-top goal celebrations. Florent is very early in his development and showing as much as Pat at his best. Different sorts of players. Vez could only do short bursts of running. Kinda like sprinters vs middle distance runners.

I don't honestly think that punch came from the rational part of his brain. More likely a 'fight or flight' response which can be an unthinking reaction. Looked that way to me. It's what footy people call a "brain snap" and comes from a primitive place in our brains.
He'll go for six weeks probably, it needs to be stamped out. But let's not crucify the bloke for a momentary failure of his reasoning brain function to overcome his survival instincts.
His interview was pure pr speak. Could've been less controlled and more "him" for sure.

my goodness gracious me.......you are trying to tell me his "survival" was under threat?......and you looked up Wikipeadia to back up your argument......all I can say is.......

4590406.jpg

Seriousy? He's not 2 years old. His life was not under threat. He doesn't even have Barry Hall's ( pathetic) excuse that Mills had been at him all night. Mills did the jostle that just about every other player pair on the ground was doing. Bugg probably 1) did hit harder than he intended and 2)did not expect to get caught. Bugg is a professional athlete, and, ostensibly, an adult. Controlling impulses is what we all have to do.

Just got to watch the game. Fantastic effort. Best thing about it was such an even spread of performers. Parker and Franklin were easily best on ground but the rest of our midfield really shared the load.

Rohan was huge in the first quarter but didn't kick straight. Could have had 5 goals with a different pair of boots on.

Papley and Melican were amazing all night, shows our team is in a great place for the future.

Also have to mention Melican played a real attacking game last night. Dropped off his man, took the players on. Did what Aliir is known for doing. Fantastic effort by him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back