Review Round 15, 2018 - Fremantle vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Freo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think most promising is the fact our usual barometer in Zorko was relatively quiet and we still had a thumping win. Great game let’s back it up next week at home.

Our post bye play has usually been a lot better than the start. Hopefully we can pick up a few more wins. 6 for the year would be fantastic and achievable

Maybe there is a placebo effect in goal kicking practice

What ever it was, he looked brilliant out there.

The way he attacked the pack on a number of occasions was very good, he has looked every bit of a key forward for the last 8 weeks, it's just been the goal kicking par that has hurt.

I had Gardiner in my top 5. I think he goes massively underrated sometimes because he isn't flashy. He was huge defensively today, and his kicking has improved immensely to the point where he takes aggresive options and hits them.

13 likes for your comment, and yet I just doubled his vote count. ;)

Turning pick 2 into McCluggage and Berry was the recruiting maneuver of the decade.

You’d trade pick two for either of them in a second if you were another club. We managed to make it essentially a two for one.

Inb4 dlanod ruins this by talking about the other scraps GWS got in that trade. ;)

Pffft we gave away a bunch of picks that we weren't going to use. It was a great trade that worked for both.

1st live home game l have been to for years. Was bloody fantastic. All the young boys stepped up. /really hope Rayner gets the RS for a bit of personal reward. Berry looks like he is gonna be a star in the Cripps/Kennedy mould either next year or the year after. Witherden, bloody hell, probably our best deliverer inside f50. We need to put him on the wing. Gardiner did really well as usual. Beams was fantastic (bar the defensive running). There were some good Freo supporters near us who were good to talk to but there were some real ferrals as well. One of them wouldn't stop talking for the entire match, just screaming at the umpires about how "there are 2 teams umpires" and when she said that they were trying to even up the free kick count, l kindly told her that they had 3x more free kicks than us. She mumbled something then went back at the umps 5 minutes later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pffft we gave away a bunch of picks that we weren't going to use. It was a great trade that worked for both.

Did GWS even need to do it in the end.

We would have taken cluggers at 2.

He just looked so relaxed taking that kick. Took the pressure off himself and eased into it nicely.
I think he was going to go to the top of the goal square and then decided to go for it as the 30 seconds ran down, as with most things if you over think it you usually balls it up, self fulfilling prophecy.

Did GWS even need to do it in the end.

We would have taken cluggers at 2.

They wanted McGrath in case Essendon passed.

They also ended up with more points than pick 16 would have given them for use on Setterfield, Perryman, Cumming and Tiziani (though they ended up selecting him directly), from picks we wouldn't have used.

I think most promising is the fact our usual barometer in Zorko was relatively quiet and we still had a thumping win.

Yes and no. "Only" 19 touches, but 10 score involvements and 8 tackles is pretty good while being tagged, and the tag probably helps Beams, Berry and McCluggage have the games they did. He can still improve in dealing with tags, but he's showing improvement compared to the early rounds this year, when he was getting much more frustrated (0-6 FF/A and 11 clangers vs Gold Coast being the lowlight for mine)

They wanted McGrath in case Essendon passed.

They also ended up with more points than pick 16 would have given them for use on Setterfield, Perryman, Cumming and Tiziani (though they ended up selecting him directly), from picks we wouldn't have used.

How many more points did they end up with for their academy players?

Back