Preview Round 15, 2018: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG, Sunday 1st July, 1:10PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Demons

Votes: 79 71.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 31 28.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a proud Irishman delighted to see Darragh get a run. This is an amazing effort from a lad reared in a county where you hold a hurl before you can walk and believe me there is absolutely no football played. It’s a credit to his drive and determination. ☘️

As a proud Irishman delighted to see Darragh get a run. This is an amazing effort from a lad reared in a county where you hold a hurl before you can walk and believe me there is absolutely no football played. It’s a credit to his drive and determination. ☘️
As an Aussie currently living in Ireland, I can vouch for what Paddy says above. I love Kilkenny, it's one of my favourite places in Ireland. I'm very happy for Darragh, I hope he doesn't try to bounce the ball...it's a struggle for the boys who have played Gaelic, let alone a bloody Hurler. Nonetheless, I hope he goes well...and enjoys the craic. Good luck mate. If ya need a few tips on skills when next visiting your home land, I was pretty good in my day, and would live a kick about...since no one else here knows (or cares) how

Yeah was thinking that: I remembered Darragh was the one out of the two Irish recruits that played Hurling and thought he would struggle with the kicking more than Ray Connellan... it truly is a credit to him that he is first selected, great testament to him!

Here's to hoping he becomes the next in a long line of fantastic Irish players to grace the AFL.

Yeah was thinking that: I remembered Darragh was the one out of the two Irish recruits that played Hurling and thought he would struggle with the kicking more than Ray Connellan... it truly is a credit to him that he is first selected, great testament to him!

Here's to hoping he becomes the next in a long line of fantastic Irish players to grace the AFL.
Does one play hurling as such ?

Fair enough, but these guys are kids, and surely the coaches/selectors have a better sense of how consistent their players are or how tired they are than us observers.

I don't know, maybe you both are right; those two games certainly were a breath of fresh air, and I'd rather lose playing the right way than squeak it playing a stodgy brand that has no future.

I'm guessing Phillips, Austin, Coffield and Marshall are now being asked to use their experience to consolidate their strengths and work on their deficiencies while under a bit less pressure in the VFL, so they come back more well rounded while we look at some of their teammates. That's probably good development.
This is turning into an intelligent discussion with respect, reflection and consideration. WTF?

jumping in here from afar, but would know Darragh, he went to the same school as myself and was an excellent footballer. He won Leinster football colleges medals with Good Counsel playing midfield (dont think he was on their All Ireland winning team as that was a different year and he wasnt there still). But he was a very accomplished footballer despite not playing it in Kilkenny. He would have played it a lot in the school set up though, which in the circumstances there, would be better than most county set ups. Delighted to see him break through for a first team game.

jumping in here from afar, but would know Darragh, he went to the same school as myself and was an excellent footballer. He won Leinster football colleges medals with Good Counsel playing midfield (dont think he was on their All Ireland winning team as that was a different year and he wasnt there still). But he was a very accomplished footballer despite not playing it in Kilkenny. He would have played it a lot in the school set up though, which in the circumstances there, would be better than most county set ups. Delighted to see him break through for a first team game.
Football as in soccer? Or gaelic?

Disgusted hearing people here questioning Geary.

You can question his captaincy but don't you dare question his courage, I haven't seen a more courageous Saints player since the late great Dean Rice.

Fantastic to see young Bailey Rice carrying on his old man's legacy of being a non-descript backman that is more effective than he looks, he's a keeper.

You can question his captaincy but don't you dare question his courage, I haven't seen a more courageous Saints player since the late great Dean Rice.

Fantastic to see young Bailey Rice carrying on his old man's legacy of being a non-descript backman that is more effective than he looks, he's a keeper.
far out for overreacting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Late?

Your theory that he gets beaten every week is well off the mark.
Not every week, but by a lot of the guys who we brought him in to beat. Hipwood, Paton, McCarthy, Cox - these are the guys we should be testing out our young KD's on as they are all going at 1-2 goals per game anyway.

Jenkins and Hawkins are match-ups I would look to bring brown in for, that's his remit.

The dogs showed last night what backing the kids in can achieve, they were over 2 years younger on average than the cats, and had a whopping 11 players with under 50 games experience… in comparison we have picked an older side than Melbourne and less players with under 50 games.

If this isn't a good time to really start cranking up the experience in our young guys, I don't know when is.

Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 9.06.49 am.png Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 9.07.06 am.png

The dogs showed last night what backing the kids in can achieve, they were over 2 years younger on average than the cats, and had a whopping 11 players with under 50 games
Was thinking just that last night when watching the last 15 mins.

Was thinking.."why can't we do that? "

Very interesting tables that you posted kernel...….the Dogs were playing 19 players with under 100 games experience and as you pointed out,11 with under 50 games experience.

What struck me with yr tables on the Saints and Dee's is that the spread of games by player numbers isn't that different for them and us....was surprised on that split.

On the surface, you'd assume that maybe it will be a competitive game....ummmm…..think we all know what the answer to that one may be !

As a proud Irishman delighted to see Darragh get a run. This is an amazing effort from a lad reared in a county where you hold a hurl before you can walk and believe me there is absolutely no football played. It’s a credit to his drive and determination.
Had to move counties to play football.

Only Hurling from where he is from. Hope Ray gets a gig soon.

Will be in Ireland in Sept. Will scout us some more Irish lads

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back