Preview Round 15, 2018 - Swans .v. Richmond

Who wins?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this could be a "here's your very last chance Rosey..." type thing.

I hope he plays well & surprises us.

Could be it. Or could be simply rewarding effort and performance in the 2s which is the way things should work when there's no obvious standout replacement. The players have to believe they're playing and training for something

Rose probably deserves the call up

Been pretty good in the shot league

If we are genuinely a club that is big on player welfare, then it is extremely important that someone like Rose is rewarded for the extremely good form he has shown in the NEAFL. Every player on the list should believe & have faith that with consistently good form at the lower level, they have a chance at playing senior footy.
Hat's off to Rose for his resilience. What comes of it who knows but at worse, he is uncontracted & if he performs well, another club gets a good look at him against good opposition.
Good luck to the boy.

I don't like bagging players but Rose is seriously poor. He's selfish and tries to play champagne footy that is beyond his capacity. The NEAFL you can get away with that s**t, but in a top of the table clash against the reigning premiers. We are playing with 21 in this game folks, buckle up. Should still be able to beat them.

Caddy is a strange player. He can play very tall and take huge marks. so he is like a second tall. But once the ball hits the ground he is just as dangerous, even more so. You really need someone on him who has the ability to play tall and punch and who can also match his elusiveness and pace around packs. I would keep Aliir in the side simply to play him second ruck and spare across HB by giving him a license to roam. He gives huge drive if he gets the ball. I'd keep Harry in too.

There are a few players who are closer to being dropped than him. Hayward looks like he needs a rest. He got a huge knock against the Saints and still looked a little proppy at times last week. Kizza and Hannas had plenty of ball but much of it wasted. Do you know Hannas had 24 disposals but only 3 kicks. I wonder if that was planned as his kicking has been woeful since he returned? Gazza did not hit the scoreboard and only had 8.

Clearly we need to look at the overall picture. What is it we need this week. We match them for pace. In fact I think we are faster. We have more height around the ground. What would be an advantage? Having a player who can have a huge height advantage in the ruck, as second ruck, would be good. Especially if he is Aliir and can hurt you with good delivery and play as an extra mid.

Macca comes in we all know that. Is Hayward in need of a rest? Is Marsh the right guy for the backline? Is Rohan doing enough? Is Kizza's poor delivery an impediment? Why did Hannas only kick 3 times? Is it because he is restricted? so many questions but the one that will be answered at 6.25pm tonight is; Who will get picked?
We’ve just had a bye Wolfy. Hayward has had his rest!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rose better play out of his skin. He's looked well off the pace every game except his first when he jagged a few quick goals. Don't really get this selection.

Glad Aliir gets another run. I know they have a small forward line but he could choke their supply if he can take as many intercepts again.

This board seems to be all about rewarding NEAFL form until it comes to a player we aren't supposed to rate.

Hope Rose makes a strong contribution and gives the selection committee even more headaches going forward.

Thanks for the quick reply. The kid is a tank and kept hearing he should be back after the bye. Big fan of his as my mate is a Syd supporter.
You have an excellent mate

This board seems to be all about rewarding NEAFL form until it comes to a player we aren't supposed to rate.

Hope Rose makes a strong contribution and gives the selection committee even more headaches going forward.

Because there are some in the NEAFL who have been very good, and who also were unlucky to be dropped from the senior side in the first place, ie. Fox and Towers, you could even argue Newman.

Obviously haven't see him for a while. Has he improved his defensive work. That was the knock previously.
From the games I've watched his defense and second efforts are still poor. Also goes for the glamour goal instead of looking for other players, hence the selfish player comment(s). Been up in the votes though so getting his chance, I hope he plays well for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back