Review Round 15, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Melbourne

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not you then. Thought you might have been the guy near me who was screaming out Stephen May is a thug for 2hrs.
Are... are you me? I had that exact experience all game... section 67 by chance? Near the stairs down the front?

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
My first reading of that was that you wanted a gif of when he bounced the ball and didn't really get it back and was wondering why on earth you wanted to have *that* moment on replay. Then I read it a second time ... all good :$
Same here, had to read it after your comment, now I get it .
That one where he lost it looked like it skidded forward off the deck , didn't think it would of been slippery out there at that time though, was weird.

I sit opposite old mate.
Oh wow, how about that :) Anyone sitting next to him cops a lecture about the rules (which change to suit us frequently it seems) every time there's a free kick against us.

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Surprising how differently you see the game live vs. on TV. I actually thought Rayner was pretty good throwing his weight around and running through the middle. Also thought Lester was pretty poor with Petracca getting a hold of him early. Strange.
That's the way I saw it at the game, just add Rayners 2 bad kicks earlier and Lester seemed to go alright after letting Petracca loose a few times in the first quarter I think. That kick forward from Rayner to Linc was perfection.

Oh wow, how about that :) Anyone sitting next to him cops a lecture about the rules (which change to suit us frequently it seems) every time there's a free kick against us.

Lol yes I’ve come to drown that out.

My favourites are when we play North and he refers to Ben Brown as sideshow bob and when opposition players go to kick goals and he yell “harHAR”.

Danny3

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Moreton Bay Lions
I mean, that doesn't explain how he gets that specific rotation on the ball if he's flicking with his right hand. That's what amazed me because I thought the same initially. He could only get that spin on it by hitting across the bottom of the ball with his left hand. If it was a throw he would have to almost do a discus toss to get that spin.

Exactly. We are witnessing a master craftsman at work. Listen to him on Mitch's podcast. He prides himself on his hands and is continually looking to improve — hence flying Diesel up on his own coin in the preseason.

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
Section 71 here! Not so good when you're scared of heights though lol

At half-time I went and cried to my boyfriend (who is a Gabba member) and begged him to make the stupid stop. Thankfully Hipwood heard my sobs and shook the boys awake at 3/4 time!

Geeze, who'd want to sit near a mod...

We have told you many times now, wear some deodorant and we would be happy to sit near you*

*within 5 rows of you

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
67-er here.

Section JJ.

Boss view......basically half way up near centre wing.

Mostly surrounded by Lions fans, although it can vary from game to game. Some of them are a bit vanilla but I can handle that. What annoys me though is there are one or two others that revert to bagging out our own players when things aren't going so great. One voice was whinging about Hipwood "doing nothing", until he hit that 5 goal purple patch. Then he shifted his attentions to Rayner.

That really P!sses me off.

I admit I get emotional and probably a bit loud and over-animated during the course of a game but I NEVER EVER slag off at any the guys wearing our jumpers. We're there to support them, not make them the objects of our frustrations. If we're frustrated and annoyed, just consider how they feel if they bugger up things they shouldn't.

Last edited:
May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
67-er here.

Section JJ.

Boss view......basically half way up near centre wing.

Mostly surrounded by Lions fans, although it can vary from game to game. Some of them are a bit vanilla but I can handle that. What annoys me though is there are one or two others that revert to bagging out our own players when things aren't going so great. One voice was whinging about Hipwood "doing nothing", until he hit that 5 goal purple patch. Then he shifted his attentions to Rayner.

That really P!sses me off.

I admit I get emotional and probably a bit loud and over-animated during the course of a game but I NEVER EVER slag off at any the guys wearing our jumpers. We're there to support them, not make them the objects of our frustrations. If we're frustrated and annoyed, just consider how they feel if the bugger up things they shouldn't.

That Demons supporter in 67 HH went pretty quiet in the fourth quarter. He was basically doing play by play commentary up until then.

On the flip side there's a high chance it goes pear shaped. High risk high reward. Hopefully we'll see some more Berry handball wizardry in the future

He had three opposition on him so no ability to change position and was going to get tackled. In that instance don't think it was high risk, just only option. If it failed it didn't cost, and the fact it was nailed was all bonus. And part of his highlights package.

Back