Review Round 15, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Melbourne

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you’ll find some weeks that people essentially put in vent votes. By that I mean, they vote for the 5 worst players or just take the piss with their votes.

The one issue I have with the votes as they are counted is that the player with the most votes gets the 5 votes. Take this week, Hipwood would get the 5 votes, but I dare say he wouldn’t have been the majority of voters best player, which would’ve gone to Zorko or Lyons. I know for me, I went something like Zorko, Lyons, Neale, Hipwood and Martin in that order.

On the previous point, I think you’ll find Archie Smith receive votes for his game against Carlton which illustrates the point of players being voted for despite having horrible games.
Its really up to the individual BF poster's opinion. In my mind, Tinka & Hippy were the best followed by Neale, Martin & Rich. As for the vent voters...get a ife!

normally the top 2-3 votes most follow the same pattern.
I often give it to someone I thought did a better job this week then normal. Stepped up as well.
Hence I gave my last to Martin/McCarthy although could of given it to Rich, Lyons, McCluggage, Darcy, Answerth or Andrews.
Some weeks yes I struggle with 5 :)

I've been in section 70 this year but am thinking of moving more towards the wing. Have been in 40 the last few years before that just so i can watch Dom Fay try to explain AFL to whoever he's managed to drag along to the footy that week ;)

I particularly enjoyed this weeks' game as I got a free corporate box on the northern wing. I must admit its spoilt me a little now though, definitely could get used to watching the footy in that sort of comfort.

I had Zorko, Hipwood, Martin, Lyons and McCarthy. Being at the ground you really notice the different dynamic Linc brings. Having said that, upon watching the replay I probably would have changed my vote to Neale or Rich based on their overall influence. Will leave it though cos I really like Linc.

I've been in section 70 this year but am thinking of moving more towards the wing. Have been in 40 the last few years before that just so i can watch Dom Fay try to explain AFL to whoever he's managed to drag along to the footy that week ;)

I particularly enjoyed this weeks' game as I got a free corporate box on the northern wing. I must admit its spoilt me a little now though, definitely could get used to watching the footy in that sort of comfort.

Been sitting in 41 for a few years in the row behind Dom. You must have heard the old lady yelling out who sits behind him? Her voice is irritating in the same way that Terry Wallace's is and she is yelling every few minutes "Kick it", "You're going the wrong way" "You idiot".

His spin in the goals video was amazing, I didnt realise he had that type of agility and fast decision making...hes really starting to click in our midfield.
He’s also makes good decisions and executes well when under pressure inside 50. Quite a few time this year he’s kept a cool head hit up a player (leading to a goal) when everyone else around him is in chaos mode.

Back to cold Melbourne after a lovely warm week on the Gold Coast.

Took the oldest boy to Lions Melbourne game on Sunday. He's first time at the GABBA and just my second time - previous was when John Northey was coaching and I was young :)

Great to see a home game and a win. Looked a bit dodgy at HT but really we had dominated but just missed our usual easy set shots and they were punishing us by scoring with ease when they did go into forward 50.

First half was particularly warm and the Dees were throwing everything at us so you had the feeling the heat would wilt them later in the game and that turned out to be the case. They could barely run in the last 20 mins. Big tick to our match conditioning.

I won't go into best players as I'm sure that has been done to death by now but I was very impressed by young Answerth and as much as we all dislike May he is a quality defender. I was behind the goals and he did the job on a smaller quicker Cameron and when Charlie was off May would move to McStay. Every time McStay jumped for a mark - May just nudged him into the side and knocked him off balance. Played him perfectly.

Oscar going off was unfortunate but it meant Hipwood who had barely been sighted moved deep forward and look what happened? He led and used his pace and kicked straight! Perhaps Hippy should go back to Full forward and McStay to CHF.

Good crowd and good atmosphere - hope to get back ups there next year for a game.

Back to cold Melbourne after a lovely warm week on the Gold Coast.

Took the oldest boy to Lions Melbourne game on Sunday. He's first time at the GABBA and just my second time - previous was when John Northey was coaching and I was young :)

Great to see a home game and a win. Looked a bit dodgy at HT but really we had dominated but just missed our usual easy set shots and they were punishing us by scoring with ease when they did go into forward 50.

First half was particularly warm and the Dees were throwing everything at us so you had the feeling the heat would wilt them later in the game and that turned out to be the case. They could barely run in the last 20 mins. Big tick to our match conditioning.

I won't go into best players as I'm sure that has been done to death by now but I was very impressed by young Answerth and as much as we all dislike May he is a quality defender. I was behind the goals and he did the job on a smaller quicker Cameron and when Charlie was off May would move to McStay. Every time McStay jumped for a mark - May just nudged him into the side and knocked him off balance. Played him perfectly.

Oscar going off was unfortunate but it meant Hipwood who had barely been sighted moved deep forward and look what happened? He led and used his pace and kicked straight! Perhaps Hippy should go back to Full forward and McStay to CHF.

Good crowd and good atmosphere - hope to get back ups there next year for a game.
Hipwood 7 posessions before he kicked his first goal...hardly "barely been sighted". In fact, the same amount of touch's Dan had for his whole game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

69 row AA. Missed a couple of games this year by being overseas or on Sunday my mental health was a bit scratchy so I couldn't handle the crowd. I can't see any irritating or crazy supporters in my general vicinity so extrapolating from the public transport rule, it stands to reason that it's me.

Back