Preview Round 15 2019: Hawthorn v West Coast, 1:45pm AEST @ MCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be travelling down the Hume for this game, come what may I'll be shouting myself hoarse barracking for our boys.
Within 5 goals will be a moral victory...

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Birchall needs one more week in the VFL to get his touch back. If he gets through the next game on Saturday against Casey then expect to see him play Round 16 vs Collingwood. It would be ironic if Scrimshaw also comes back in the same game. I would love to see how those two work together across half back.

He only played a half didn't he? Birch is at least a few more weeks away.

Would like to see Lewis, Cuz and Ross all considered.

OnceKicked50

Cancelled
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Did you see how wet it was at Box Hill on the weekend? No key forward would’ve thrived in those conditions.

All reports say that he was very good at crashing packs and getting his teammates involved so that is all you can ask from him given the conditions.

Also Roughy was completely gifted a game on the weekend and was shocking, so Lewis deserves every bit of the same treatment given how important he is to us moving forward.

Nice post.

Ross just has to play this week. That's the one thing I am hoping to see the most from a rare Saturday game.

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Might be too soon to see him again but I'd love to see Nash get a crack at AFL level footy again at some point this year. I get the feeling he's copping the VFL apprenticeship the same way Glass did, but I really like the idea of a tall 'small forward' who's hella aggressive in his tackling.

Might be too soon to see him again but I'd love to see Nash get a crack at AFL level footy again at some point this year. I get the feeling he's copping the VFL apprenticeship the same way Glass did, but I really like the idea of a tall 'small forward' who's hella aggressive in his tackling.
That sort of sentiment will get you lynched around here but I agree, he's big, tackles hard and actually offers some movement up forward. Has a good enough aerobic base to present a target up the wing too.

I'll be travelling down the Hume for this game, come what may I'll be shouting myself hoarse barracking for our boys.
Within 5 goals will be a moral victory...
Actually kicking 5 goals these days is a moral victory. Or maybe even taking 5 marks inside 50? Okay, I've taken it too far there, but one can dream...

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Harry Jones is a guy I would have preferred see in last week over Morrison.

I think he's a guy with skills and athletic tools that translate better to the seniors than other young mids we have on our list. He's explosive, a good height, good in close and a very willing tackler.

Your best post yet.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That sort of sentiment will get you lynched around here but I agree, he's big, tackles hard and actually offers some movement up forward. Has a good enough aerobic base to present a target up the wing too.

Then you come up with this 🤦‍♂️

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Really hoping the Gov gets off, sad state of affairs if he gets a week for that and I care more about the state of the game than one of the oppositions best players missing a match against us at this point in time.

Plus we need to lose for draft position

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Really hoping the Gov gets off, sad state of affairs if he gets a week for that and I care more about the state of the game than one of the oppositions best players missing a match against us at this point in time.
It was a dangerous action, he didn't need to use excessive force to push guelfi over the line.

If you compare it to frawleys he seems to come in with more force and a lower centre of gravity that frawley

considering they do take into account the damage caused i.e. Guelfi was concussed versus Cameron was fine to play on
wouldn't be surprised to see the 1 week stand.

I'm not bothered too much whether he gets a week or not, really who knows whats going to happen. Michael Christian does a lot of backflips for a retired player.

Mar 27, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Always the same players that get dropped after a poor performance, yet some players no matter how they perform keep there spot.

Roughie is the exemption in the last 2 years.

Personally I think they should start looking at young players to see if there worth keeping on the list. We are not going to make the eight from here.

Mar 27, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Any one think players have had there papers stamped.

Surely Miles has, as he has not got a game in about a year.
Thought he would of been a chance to get a game last week but we went tall down back

Schoenmakers would have to be as well, when is the last time he got a game

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Any one think players have had there papers stamped.

Surely Miles has, as he has not got a game in about a year.
Thought he would of been a chance to get a game last week but we went tall down back

Schoenmakers would have to be as well, when is the last time he got a game
Schoey has spent most of the season injured.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
He averages 2 tackles a game and it is only that high because of 1 big game in round 1. Realistically that number needs to significantly increase to justify being selected for the defensive side of his game.

More potential for serious injury caused by Gov than a Stratton pinch or Stratton/Sicily 'Stomp' :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back